Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jul 4th 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Hi, well, we are still waiting to receive our approval letter, we were told it was mailed from Rome on the 20th of June.... We are waiting to book our flights as we don't want to get it wrong and it would be so nice to get something in the mail. Can anyone please remind me the process once they approve the inital petition? Do I have it right in that the US get a snail mail notification and then, what, do they have to put paperwork together and send you a number? What exactly do they do?

Many thanks for you info!!!
From what I understand: Rome send you the hard copy of the I-130 approval. They also send your case back to USCIS London. USCIS London pass your case on to the Immigration Visa Unit. They then send you your case number in the mail. Then you're free to book the medical and continue on in the process. This is a much longer process than those who have their petitions processed by London. I think because you've received your approval from Rome some time ago, you should be able to call them to receive your case number. I read of someone else doing this, I think by now they should have received your case in London and you can go ahead and get the visa ball rolling
Old Jul 4th 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
would it perhaps be easier to skip the birthday party or just one of you go? xx
No, It is too significant of a birthday to skip. I, the USC, don't need to go to either really, and my hubby hasn't figured out how to bilocate yet..
If I recall, I read somewhere that it is pretty easy to reschedule the interview appointment???????????
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LuccaGirl
No, It is too significant of a birthday to skip. I, the USC, don't need to go to either really, and my hubby hasn't figured out how to bilocate yet..
If I recall, I read somewhere that it is pretty easy to reschedule the interview appointment???????????
Oh, I've no idea. Not at that stage yet. I guess the best thing to do would be to call xx
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, It's been a few weeks since I got my visa and here I am already in the US! Just came back from a 1 week car adventure in Arizona, Nevada and CA and everything has been great so far! My point of entry was SF and it took about 20 - 30 mins to get the entry stamp in my passport - 21 June. On 22 June we went to Bank of America to open a bank account and I was surprised how easy it was to open the bank account, I don't know whether my husband's presence helped or I was just lucky, but the guy at the bank opened my account and also offered me the first credit card (secure card for which I had to put deposit but I think it is normal when you have no credit history in the US). We came back from the trip yesterday to find my social security card in the post: it was issued only 3 days after my entry, so again very fast. Now, what I am worried about is that they got my middle name on the SS card wrong They have missed the last two letters of my middle name - this doesn't seem right to me, if they issued it with abbreviation it should just have the initial and they just omitted the last 2 letters...what do you think? I was really happy that I could finally go for my driving license but now I am not sure, I will go to the SS office to check tomorrow, hopefully they can fix it quickly, and I also hope that the name on my green card would be right... Hope everyone is doing well on this forum, I haven't had the chance to read through any recent posts but my husband is back to work tomorrow and I will have to start sorting stuff out...

Last edited by katq; Jul 4th 2011 at 11:02 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that it is pretty easy to reschedule the interview appointment?
It is fairly easy to reschedule. Just be aware that the rescheduled date could be 4 or 5 months from now. They'll reschedule when it's convenient for them... not when it's convenient for you.

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It is fairly easy to reschedule. Just be aware that the rescheduled date could be 4 or 5 months from now. They'll reschedule when it's convenient for them... not when it's convenient for you.

Ian
Could you tell me how to do it Ian??
thanks
Old Jul 5th 2011, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Could you tell me how to do it Ian??
thanks
Hi LuccaGirl,

It tells you on this Embassy web page
http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...interview.html

Rescheduling the Interview
If you wish to reschedule the appointment for the visa interview, you may call the Operator Assisted Information Service for assistance. Please note: While we will attempt to accomodate your change of appointment request, it may not always be possible to offer you your preferred choice. In addition, preference applicants will require new visa numbers which will take at least two months to obtain.

and this page to get the number

http://london.usembassy.gov/visa_con...formation.html

Operator Assisted Visa Information & Nonimmigrant Visa Appointment Booking Service
The Operator Assisted Visa Information and Nonimmigrant Appointment Booking Service is available at the following times:

• Monday - Friday : 8.00 a.m. until 9.00 p.m. GMT

• Saturdays : 09.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m. GMT

The service is available May 31st between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm GMT

Callers within the United Kingdom

Callers from within the United Kingdom should dial 09042-450-100. Calls to this line are charged at £1.23/min plus network extras. Callers from outside the U.K. and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number
Old Jul 5th 2011, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
Hi LuccaGirl,

It tells you on this Embassy web page
http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...interview.html
You are fab. Thanks.

We called, and they told us to email our prefered dates...so, we will see what we end up with.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 12:41 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

You are fab. Thanks.

We called, and they told us to email our prefered dates...so, we will see what we end up with.
I am trying very hard not to get completely depressed at the fact that the embassy are now processing Aprils petitions and we have not received any confirmation from our petition that was filed in January!!!! Surely, someone over at the embassy should sort all the petitions that went to Rome as a priority! Whilst I am really happy for those that are getting their medicals ect it really makes me upset that we are still waiting for any news in writing! I will ring the London embassy this afternoon in hopes that I can get a case number, sorry for the rant as I know people complaining is not very constructive, but I have to wonder how many people are in our situation?
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:02 pm
Lisa

I am trying very hard not to get completely depressed at the fact that the embassy are now processing Aprils petitions and we have not received any confirmation from our petition that was filed in January!!!! Surely, someone over at the embassy should sort all the petitions that went to Rome as a priority! Whilst I am really happy for those that are getting their medicals ect it really makes me upset that we are still waiting for any news in writing! I will ring the London embassy this afternoon in hopes that I can get a case number, sorry for the rant as I know people complaining is not very constructive, but I have to wonder how many people are in our situation?

Update,

I rang the London US embassy (very unhelpful) said I wasn't on the system and that I need to wait at least 4 weeks which would bring us to next Monday. So I rang Rome (very helpful and sympathetic) who said that Dec/Jan petitions were sent to Rome for help and that Rome sent back over 200 petitions to London for keying in (amongst all the others they are obviously processing ahead of Romes) and apparently there is only one person keying these in! He told me to ring him back next week if London tells me we are still not on the system and he will see what he can find out.

I just think it is so unorganized of the Embassy to process petitions filed after January when there are so many still not even in the system from January! Where is the reasoning here? I am losing faith and feel very frustrated over all this. I think it is Wine-O-Clock!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lisa couldn't agree more, what a shambles, im on 25 weeks and waiting
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Update,

I rang the London US embassy (very unhelpful) said I wasn't on the system and that I need to wait at least 4 weeks which would bring us to next Monday. So I rang Rome (very helpful and sympathetic) who said that Dec/Jan petitions were sent to Rome for help and that Rome sent back over 200 petitions to London for keying in (amongst all the others they are obviously processing ahead of Romes) and apparently there is only one person keying these in! He told me to ring him back next week if London tells me we are still not on the system and he will see what he can find out.

I just think it is so unorganized of the Embassy to process petitions filed after January when there are so many still not even in the system from January! Where is the reasoning here? I am losing faith and feel very frustrated over all this. I think it is Wine-O-Clock!
We mailed the intial petition in November and the money was taken out in Dec and we received an email from uscis that it was filed on Dec 22. So from the time we originally mailed the petition until we heard any news at all was around 25 weeks and our case didnt go to Rome.

My husband just had his medical yesterday so to this point we are nearly 8months into this process.

You might be suprised to get your case number very soon!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:32 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by oliver22
Lisa couldn't agree more, what a shambles, im on 25 weeks and waiting
Well thanks for that! I am sorry you still have to wait! It is the the fact that they are processing April's petitions that really bothers me! They should be sorting those out that haven't been processed before them! We are nearly 27 weeks waiting to hear anything! We must be on the very bottom of the stack indeed!h my:
Old Jul 5th 2011, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Update,

Now that you mention it, I think I've had a lot more "wine-O-Clock" days since starting this process. I couldn't agree more. It makes no sense to me that people who filed in March have case numbers and medical dates whilst January filers who were sent to Rome are in Limbo. This is incredibly frustrating and I don't think they'll make it up to us at the interview stage. I've received no hard copy of the I-130 approval yet so I suppose I shouldn't even expect a case number
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:27 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
Now that you mention it, I think I've had a lot more "wine-O-Clock" days since starting this process. I couldn't agree more. It makes no sense to me that people who filed in March have case numbers and medical dates whilst January filers who were sent to Rome are in Limbo. This is incredibly frustrating and I don't think they'll make it up to us at the interview stage. I've received no hard copy of the I-130 approval yet so I suppose I shouldn't even expect a case number
I rang the embassy today and low and behold, result! We got our case number and somehow got a medical appt for this Thursday! Am scrambling now to fill out DS 230 part 1 and the DS 2001, I remember someone stating that you need to write your case number on the top of each sheet? is this right?

I sure hope my fellow Jan filers are getting their case numbers now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.