Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

nancyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Great news, Lisa! (We also got I-130 approval recently after Jan 24 filing.) I think this whole Rome thing caused the confusion/delay.
I'm probably moving to US ahead of my husband too (I'm the USC), so I hope things keep moving as we get closer to summer holidays. Less staff at the consulate in Aug could be the main thing that delays the interview, I reckon. Sept seems feasible - only 3 months!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

cassia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Right, I am having a conversation with myself here lol. I just rang 02074950551 and they told me that my I-130 was approved and they mailed it from Rome yesterday. The chap also said the US usually processes the case number in around 2 weeks, hmm we are thinking maybe a September move maybe? Would love it to be sooner!!!
Hi all -

After phoning the embassy last week, my husband received his case number today!!!! Our timeline for it was as follows:

I-130 approved - 31st May
Received approval letter - 10th June
Called Embassy - 17th June
Case number received - 24th June

Hope this helps..
Old Jun 25th 2011, 8:40 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

That is great news Cassia! You are on the express train now . I hope to get my letter from the US Embassay soon! We heard from Rome via phone that we are approve and letter sent out on Tuesday!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Lisa, was the letter sent out from London or Rome though as our I130 too was sent to Rome and we got email approval 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a case number or anything in the post
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:44 am
Lisa

Originally Posted by oliver22
Congrats Lisa, was the letter sent out from London or Rome though as our I130 too was sent to Rome and we got email approval 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a case number or anything in the post
I phoned Rome, they said our I-130 was approved and that an approval letter was sent out on the 22nd of June. He said the I-130 was sent to the USCIS for processing and we should also get a letter letting us know. Our case number will be processed from USCIS and sent to us in due course (usually 2 weeks processing time plus postage time). I would imagine we should get approval letter from Rome next week and our case number in mid July (just a guess). Then we can make apt for medical and hopefully the interview will be booked by Mid August (who knows how busy they will be) and we can leave by beginning of September. We had planned to move the second week of August and have accepted that we will not go until the end of September!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

chask is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, my wife had her medical on 24th June (she called and got bumped up from original date of 29th June to 24th June). Appointment time was 8:50. Not really much to tell everyone. Everything went fine but they made her get a tetanus booster for £26. They said it takes 4-5 days for their report to get to the embassy. We decided to jet off to Provence almost immediately after her appointment. Had a great time there, strongly recommend going if you've never been! Now waiting for the interview date, we still hoping to be moving end of July, fingers x'd!

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request on 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approval 7 June 2011 (received in post 11 June). Case number received 15th June. Medical on 24th June. Currently waiting for interview date.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by chask
Hello everyone, my wife had her medical on 24th June (she called and got bumped up from original date of 29th June to 24th June). Appointment time was 8:50. Not really much to tell everyone. Everything went fine but they made her get a tetanus booster for £26. They said it takes 4-5 days for their report to get to the embassy. We decided to jet off to Provence almost immediately after her appointment. Had a great time there, strongly recommend going if you've never been! Now waiting for the interview date, we still hoping to be moving end of July, fingers x'd!

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request on 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 18 May. I-130 approval 7 June 2011 (received in post 11 June). Case number received 15th June. Medical on 24th June. Currently waiting for interview date.
Thats great. Hubby has his monday. Hope you get your interview date soon!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Qube is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview on the 14th of June and just received a letter saying my interview is on the 4th of August. Applied initially on 22nd of December so will creeping up to 8 months in total.

Just need to get everything sorted for the interview now!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Qube
I had my interview on the 14th of June and just received a letter saying my interview is on the 4th of August. Applied initially on 22nd of December so will creeping up to 8 months in total.

Just need to get everything sorted for the interview now!
Do you mean your medical on the 14th of June? Well, its good you have an interview date to look forward to. When did you put on your cover letter that you were intending to fly?
I'm stilll waiting on my case number so I can book my medical. I was hoping to have my interview by the end of August but we shall see.

Good luck with the final stage!!!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa any joy on your case number?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Qube is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
Do you mean your medical on the 14th of June? Well, its good you have an interview date to look forward to. When did you put on your cover letter that you were intending to fly?
I'm stilll waiting on my case number so I can book my medical. I was hoping to have my interview by the end of August but we shall see.

Good luck with the final stage!!!

Ha, oops, sorry yes, my medical was on the 14th of June, interview is on the 4th of August!

I put 5th of September for my intended data of travel although I suspect this may be pushed back a few weeks if we still have a few things to sort out.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:26 pm
Lisa

Hi, well, we are still waiting to receive our approval letter, we were told it was mailed from Rome on the 20th of June.... We are waiting to book our flights as we don't want to get it wrong and it would be so nice to get something in the mail. Can anyone please remind me the process once they approve the inital petition? Do I have it right in that the US get a snail mail notification and then, what, do they have to put paperwork together and send you a number? What exactly do they do?

Many thanks for you info!!!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

PaulyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Received my case number today, so timeline is something along the lines of:

i-130 applied back in late Feb (28th I believe!)
Received confirmation 8th March
Received approval notice 28th June

Now to schedule medical examination and arrange final interview upon our house selling!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

LuccaGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, we finally got our interview date letter in the mail (August 1st) however, we are suppose to be up north for a birthday party. Can anyone remind me how we go about changing the date? premium phone call I suspect. Only thing is, we don't want to postpone the date. We need this interview asap. you know!
Any chance of getting into a cancellation?
thanks
Old Jul 4th 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LuccaGirl
Hi Guys, we finally got our interview date letter in the mail (August 1st) however, we are suppose to be up north for a birthday party. Can anyone remind me how we go about changing the date? premium phone call I suspect. Only thing is, we don't want to postpone the date. We need this interview asap. you know!
Any chance of getting into a cancellation?
thanks
would it perhaps be easier to skip the birthday party or just one of you go? xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.