Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old May 31st 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Hi there!!! Another Jan filer still waiting here! I pretty much projectile screamed when I read that they were now processing Jan 27th! OMG, We filed in Jan and they took our money out on the 25th so hopefully soon, I hope we don't have any issues, good luck to those still waiting, maybe an August leave date is not out of the question after all?
I know, my husband and I are sat waiting anxiously for a letter or email or something to let us know the I-130 outcome. Ready to move on to the next stage! It's good to know there are a few of us left! And no, I don't think August is out of the relm of possibilty. I'm hoping to leave in September. Good luck! xx
Old May 31st 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
I know, my husband and I are sat waiting anxiously for a letter or email or something to let us know the I-130 outcome. Ready to move on to the next stage! It's good to know there are a few of us left! And no, I don't think August is out of the relm of possibilty. I'm hoping to leave in September. Good luck! xx
That is where we are as well. After getting an RFE we are now just waiting anxiously to start the next step and hoping we don't get another one.
Old May 31st 2011, 11:34 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
That is where we are as well. After getting an RFE we are now just waiting anxiously to start the next step and hoping we don't get another one.
Hi there, i am unsure what an RFE is? I gather there is something within the form not filed properly? I spotted after we filed that I did not list my husbands two sons on the 'list all your children section' don't have a clue how we missed that one! I imagine they might flag us up on that one?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Hi there, i am unsure what an RFE is? I gather there is something within the form not filed properly? I spotted after we filed that I did not list my husbands two sons on the 'list all your children section' don't have a clue how we missed that one! I imagine they might flag us up on that one?
A RFE is request for evidence... so they are asking for additional evidence.. its not always apparent why they ask for it. So you may or may not be asked. It could be mis information or it could be something that just perks their interest and makes them question and ask you to give them more info. I was really surprised to get one. sometimes people get them when they havent been married long.. but we have been married 3 years .. so its anyone's guess why we got an RFE. But you just give them what you can and move on. So far we havent heard back and its been nearly 2 weeks since I sent them the additional info.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received my passport and mysterious brown envelope this morning - exactly on the second working day after the interview. Finally, I can buy my ticket today
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:11 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
A RFE is request for evidence... so they are asking for additional evidence.. its not always apparent why they ask for it. So you may or may not be asked. It could be mis information or it could be something that just perks their interest and makes them question and ask you to give them more info. I was really surprised to get one. sometimes people get them when they havent been married long.. but we have been married 3 years .. so its anyone's guess why we got an RFE. But you just give them what you can and move on. So far we havent heard back and its been nearly 2 weeks since I sent them the additional info.
Right ok, Gosh, 2 weeks! how agonizing! I hope you hear back this week! Good luck! We have been married 10 years so fingers crossed we have no issues getting approval! for all of us!!!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

Originally Posted by katq
I just received my passport and mysterious brown envelope this morning - exactly on the second working day after the interview. Finally, I can buy my ticket today
Me too Katq! I think we must have been in the "ultra fast, get them out the UK" category!

I'm flying on Monday. >.<

THANK YOU to everyone who helped me through this, again. Will be back in two years time when I have to apply for my 10 year one.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Yay! Congrats. It is finally all over....well, almost. But I'm sure you won't have any problems with POE. Just keep that envelope safe! xx
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
Yay! Congrats. It is finally all over....well, almost. But I'm sure you won't have any problems with POE. Just keep that envelope safe! xx
Thanks, I know I have to keep that envelope safe! I even bought a special folder for it only to find out that it is much bigger than an A4 size! But I will look after it more than I look after my laptop on that trip I hope the tickets are still not too expensive....going to check now...yay, it's finally ALMOST over Hope your visa will come quickly too, now they moved passed your filing date, I'm sure there is not much longer to wait, good luck!

Last edited by katq; Jun 1st 2011 at 9:05 am.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CandyBelle
Me too Katq! I think we must have been in the "ultra fast, get them out the UK" category!

I'm flying on Monday. >.<

THANK YOU to everyone who helped me through this, again. Will be back in two years time when I have to apply for my 10 year one.
Yay! I paid for 10 am delivery and they woke up the whole house at 6 am this morning Good luck CandyBelle, come back when you move over to tell us how you are liking your new life
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

Yay! I paid for 10 am delivery and they woke up the whole house at 6 am this morning Good luck CandyBelle, come back when you move over to tell us how you are liking your new life
Thank you!

And good luck to you too, and everyone else that's near enough complete. Because you will be done quicker than you realise, trust me!

Will drop by soon enough
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Fenoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Looks like they are really flying through the petitions faster now. Being the geek I am I have been keeping track of the dates on the Embassy website and petitions processed in April had been with the Embassy for 149 days (5 months) and as of today petitions being processed have been with the Embassy for 119 days (4 months). Lets hope this trend continues as they are getting closer and closer to the date we filed.

As of today they are:

As of Wednesday, June 01, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on February 02, 2011.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Right ok, Gosh, 2 weeks! how agonizing! I hope you hear back this week! Good luck! We have been married 10 years so fingers crossed we have no issues getting approval! for all of us!!!
Im in the U.S. at the moment and I keep bugging my husband about the mail. But so far nothing, and yea I hope to see it before too long. to be fair Monday was a holiday. From what I have seen on here it seems like most people do not get RFE's we were just one of the "lucky" ones . ha ha. Hopefully you guys won't be so lucky as us! wink wink.
I'll be back over to the UK Sunday so I can start grilling the mail man myself again!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fenoss
Looks like they are really flying through the petitions faster now. Being the geek I am I have been keeping track of the dates on the Embassy website and petitions processed in April had been with the Embassy for 149 days (5 months) and as of today petitions being processed have been with the Embassy for 119 days (4 months). Lets hope this trend continues as they are getting closer and closer to the date we filed.

As of today they are:

As of Wednesday, June 01, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on February 02, 2011.
Lol! I've been doing the same thing. Every time they update I've been marking it in my diary!

I'm not sure whether to expect an email or something in the mail. And it seems that they don't always post the approval as they go. I suppose we shall see. Looking forward to flying through the rest of the process. Oh and even better, my husband is back for a visit! xx
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Hi Guys! I had my interview today. Here it is.....
Arrived at the embassy at 9:10 a.m. for a 9:30 appointment, long line to wait in, panicked a bit, then was told by the security guy that it didn't matter, I would still be seen, and that this is normal. (really does nothing for the nerves, though!)
Got to the reception at 9:39 a.m, was given a number, took a seat in the waiting area, and waited..... lots of people there, very busy. My number got called at 10:20 a.m, I saw a really nice fella who went through my paperwork, everything was very low stress. After all the forms were checked over, then went to another window and paid, gave the first guy I saw my receipt, then he told me to go back and take a seat and wait for my interview. That was at 10:30.
At 12:10 got called for my interview, the gentleman 'interviewing' me was fine, asked me a few questions (will elaborate on those in a bit) and then basically said my visa was approved and welcome home!
Then went over to the courier desk, paid the fee, and left there at 12:25! Perfect!

Now, the few questions he asked me ended in him giving me a telling off - but they won't apply to any of you guys - it was in regards to when I previously moved to the USA over 10 years ago when I met my hubby, and we got married after two weeks! even though it was all genuine and we fell in love the first day we met, he questioned me on this, and then commented on how quickly we got married, and he then said I was lucky I didn't get deported, I really didn't say much back, for not wanting to get into an argument with him!! funny thing is, I never had any thing whatsoever said to me when I did this 10 years ago by the immigration people, but I never really expected to, as we were totally genuine. Naive, but genuine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.