Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old May 16th 2011, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

jseaward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Originally Posted by CandyBelle
YAY congratulations! I am glad it went well for you, it does sound like it was painless. And good job you didn't get caught up in the bomb scare marlarkey that was going on.

Hope the flights and everything go smoothly
Thanks and good luck for a couple of weeks. I didn't know anything about the bomb scare, thankfully.

Tube strikes, bomb scares... sounds like the London I grew up in. I thought it was meant to have progressed since then.

J
Old May 17th 2011, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Fenoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Processing date has jumped forward a fair amount by the looks of it. Hope this trend continues!

As of Tuesday, May 17, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on January 12, 2011.

Note: Approval Notices for petitions filed on or after 1 December through January 11, 2011 posted/mailed this date to U.S. citizen petitioner or his/her designated attorney on record.
Old May 17th 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

cassia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fenoss
Processing date has jumped forward a fair amount by the looks of it. Hope this trend continues!

As of Tuesday, May 17, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on January 12, 2011.

Note: Approval Notices for petitions filed on or after 1 December through January 11, 2011 posted/mailed this date to U.S. citizen petitioner or his/her designated attorney on record.
Thanks Fenoss! Our filing notice day is 14th Jan so not long now! Very excited this morning!!!
Old May 17th 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fenoss

I know! I saw this, threw my hands in the air and said "YEAH!" lol!
I'm not until the end of Jan but I'm loving these big jumps, I hope that it continues. Excited!!! xx
Old May 17th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

It is great and it seemed like it would be forever in the beginning! I would like to hear when people start getting their notice in the mail.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

ARGHHHH!!!! so excited, just recieved my LND number and have booked my medical for this friday, and sent my ready to interview checklist, DS form and cover letter requesting interview ASAP!!! SOOOOO HAPPY!

FYI - I think I might have got it a little sooner than expected, as I had written to them explaining our situation (my husband moved to the US in february, and we have not been able to afford running two houses, so I had to give up our apartment, and my little boy and I have had to move in with a relative, currently we are sleeping in a living room, which has caused an unbelievable amount of stress to everyone - mostly the relatives we are living with, I think!!)
Old May 18th 2011, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by joannabanana
ARGHHHH!!!! so excited, just recieved my LND number and have booked my medical for this friday, and sent my ready to interview checklist, DS form and cover letter requesting interview ASAP!!! SOOOOO HAPPY!

FYI - I think I might have got it a little sooner than expected, as I had written to them explaining our situation (my husband moved to the US in february, and we have not been able to afford running two houses, so I had to give up our apartment, and my little boy and I have had to move in with a relative, currently we are sleeping in a living room, which has caused an unbelievable amount of stress to everyone - mostly the relatives we are living with, I think!!)
Thats great !

I got a letter but it was request for a load of RFE .. but I'm working thru it.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
Thats great !

I got a letter but it was request for a load of RFE .. but I'm working thru it.
awh, thats too bad, but from what I've read it doesn't set you back more than a week or so, right? Hang on in there, the end is near...!!
Old May 18th 2011, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Great News, Joanna, sounds like you will be there before you know it now, good luck)
Old May 19th 2011, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

awh, thats too bad, but from what I've read it doesn't set you back more than a week or so, right? Hang on in there, the end is near...!!
Im trying not to feel frustrated but I will admit I was surprised since we have been married 3yrs but I guess its not always apparent why they RFE and in my case they did ask for quite a few things!
Old May 21st 2011, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

just an update, had my medical yesterday - it was scheduled for 2:50 p.m. but got there early, was seen early, and out by 3:30! super duper easy, just had a few questions asked about why I was moving there, medical check up, blood test, x-ray and 1 immunization. the staff were lovely, it was easy to find, even got to spend some time in selfridges now to wait for an interview date...
Old May 21st 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

just an update, had my medical yesterday - it was scheduled for 2:50 p.m. but got there early, was seen early, and out by 3:30! super duper easy, just had a few questions asked about why I was moving there, medical check up, blood test, x-ray and 1 immunization. the staff were lovely, it was easy to find, even got to spend some time in selfridges now to wait for an interview date...
wOw ! That is amazing! moving right along!
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jseaward
The lady there looked at my application form and asked for my passport, birth certificate + copy, marriage certificate + copy, police certificate + copy and 2 photos.
J
Hi J, I am starting to worry about whether I need my husband's original birth certificate for my interview next Friday, because someone asked this question and I re-read the instructions on the website:

"Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy, of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you."

Did you need this for your interview? If I really need this I will have to ask my husband to mail it to me with some express mail tomorrow so that I can hopefully get it before Friday....
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

jseaward is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katq
Hi J, I am starting to worry about whether I need my husband's original birth certificate for my interview next Friday, because someone asked this question and I re-read the instructions on the website:

"Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy, of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you."

Did you need this for your interview? If I really need this I will have to ask my husband to mail it to me with some express mail tomorrow so that I can hopefully get it before Friday....
It's a tricky one. The website lists it as one of the required documents so I took it along but the lady sorting through my paperwork didn't want it... in fact I gave her a bundle of 5 birth certificates (mine, my wife's and our 3 kids) with a copy of each and she sorted through them saying she didn't need my wife's or the children's certificates as they are USC's and not immigrating.

If you go along without then you'll probably be fine but as time is tight and getting approved on the day is clearly important for you, I would recommend having everything that is on the list.

J
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Qube is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a letter back approving the I-130 (filed on 22nd of Dec, processed 17th of May), now asking for DS230, etc

Getting there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.