Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF & Documentation for 'intent to domicile' for interview

Wikiposts

DCF & Documentation for 'intent to domicile' for interview

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF & Documentation for 'intent to domicile' for interview

Not bad. But looks better and takes up less room if you make the sentence into a link itself. Use this code:

[URL ="http://tinyurl.com/yactb5m"]Ginblossom's guide to proving domicile[/ URL]

Take the spaces out before and after the URL statements....otherwise it doesn't work. Then it looks like mine and others. I had to put the spaces in the above example otherwise the forum actually converts it to the actual link. Here's what it looks like once you've taken the spaces out:

Ginblossom's guide to proving domicile

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Jan 3rd 2010 at 12:56 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

I am useless at stuff like this but will attempt it ! Thanks BG.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

No probs.

Just take the line of code I posted, post it into your signature, then take out the space before the = and after the last /
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Looks good.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

I didn't realise that someone's ported your info to the Wiki already.

If you change your code to the following, it will link to the Wiki instead of the original thread. Same spaces to delete as before.

[URL ="http://tinyurl.com/yezqx2t"]Ginblossom's guide to proving domicile[/ URL]

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Jan 4th 2010 at 5:32 am.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

I wonder how she got on today?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice

Hi, just to let you know you can't go to Edinburgh to renew US passports, I got an email back from the Consulate in Edinburgh this morning saying you have to be a permenant resident in Scotland to apply there. Fortunately we were snowed in so couldn't start out on her journey.
Luckily the London Embassy have a cancellation on thursday morning so depending on the weather hopefully we will set out on our mission tomorrow and get it sorted thursday. I will let you know!
Thanks
Rachael
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice
Default Update

Hi, a quick update! I mailed my DS-230 part 1 at the start of November and my DS2001 on 16th NOvember. I heard nothing at all. I called the embassy on the expensive phone line a couple of times and they would not confirm if the forms had been received. Yesterday I called again and because it was 8 weeks after they gave me a code to email. I did that, and it turns out even with a tracking number they hadd 'not received' the DS-230 part 1. I printed off another, scanned it in and emailed it and have to mail another form. Our situation is really tight timewise as we have sold our house and have to be out on the 25th Jan. They emailed me an appointment date of 29th January..which is earlier than I had expected, maybe because they lost my form!! Anyway, my house exchanged this morning, we are looking to rent for a month and hopefully (fingers crossed!) move out to USA end of feb.

Of course now I have to get ready for the interview... any hints tips or advice much appreciated!X
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Update

Originally Posted by rachococo
Hi, a quick update! I mailed my DS-230 part 1 at the start of November and my DS2001 on 16th NOvember. I heard nothing at all. I called the embassy on the expensive phone line a couple of times and they would not confirm if the forms had been received. Yesterday I called again and because it was 8 weeks after they gave me a code to email. I did that, and it turns out even with a tracking number they hadd 'not received' the DS-230 part 1. I printed off another, scanned it in and emailed it and have to mail another form. Our situation is really tight timewise as we have sold our house and have to be out on the 25th Jan. They emailed me an appointment date of 29th January..which is earlier than I had expected, maybe because they lost my form!! Anyway, my house exchanged this morning, we are looking to rent for a month and hopefully (fingers crossed!) move out to USA end of feb.

Of course now I have to get ready for the interview... any hints tips or advice much appreciated!X
could i ask what was the timeframe from when you emailed them your ds-230 and them emailing you the interview date?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

It was the next day, but they had received my DS2001 checklist on 21st December.