Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF & Documentation for 'intent to domicile' for interview

Wikiposts

DCF & Documentation for 'intent to domicile' for interview

Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice
Smile DCF & Documentation for 'intent to domicile' for interview

I am awaiting my interview date for a marriage based visa, and was wondering if I need 'intent to move' documentation if I have joint sponsors..my spouse and his father (USCs). We are going to be living with my in laws for the first few weeks when we go over and are applying for jobs getting a house
Many thanks
Rachael
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Embassy AP for immigrant visas (spousal)

Originally Posted by rachococo
I am awaiting my interview date for a marriage based visa, and was wondering if I need 'intent to move' documentation if I have joint sponsors..my spouse and his father (USCs). We are going to be living with my in laws for the first few weeks when we go over and are applying for jobs getting a house
Many thanks
Rachael

Rachael, you may want to read the guide I wrote about proving domicile. That may help you.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice
Default Re: Medical and Interview questions

Hi, can I just double check if I am having a marriage based visa interview in London and have already had my medical what fee I will need to pay at the interview.

Also, is there a definitive list of what I need at the interview. I have all the documentation on the embassy website list, but have joint sponsors and am a bit concerned about what documentation I need to prove I am moving to USA and about my new life over there. My husband and myself do not yet have jobs or a place to live...we were planning on sorting that when we get over. But I have a completed I864 from his father (USC) and we are planning to live at their house while we get set up, we also have a 5 year old daughter so feel this will make the move more 'stable' as we will be staying with her 'Grandma and Grandpa'

Many thanks
Racahel
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: The I130 process and a few questions

If there is a USC joint sponsor with the financial requirements with a letter saying you can stay at their house while settling in, is there still an issue with domilcile? I am soon to have my marriage based visa interview, I am british and my husband has been in UK for about 8 years on ILR, he has a US bank account, family and friends...his father is the joint sponsor and we will stay with him and his mother with our daughter whilst we get ourselves settled in.
Thanks
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.. I can't seem to find the link to it...could I get it??
Many thanks
Rachael
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645444
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel, because your case is a 'DCF', you have a completely different set of information to take to the interview (and fees to pay).
Please start your own thread with your questions and include the information that you already know (or suspect).
thx
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:19 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

rachococo if you haven't read this thread it will provide you with useful advice

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=domicle

MO - perhaps that thread should be a sticky
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Ian. I also posted in the other thread where Rachael also posted.

It appears from what she is saying she might have severe difficulties proving domicile, so she should think about this very carefully as we know from my own and other recent experience London has clamped down on this matter.

She can also read my original post, nightmare in London, and she will I am sure see it sounds very familiar, but we dont know what documents she has or not already. Perhaps rachococo can start her thread and tell us what she does or does not have, and we can assist further.

Sorry to jump in on the OP's thread but wanted to interject on Rachel's points.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That reminds me.. more wiki work to do!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:28 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Thanks Ian. I also posted in the other thread where Rachael also posted.
yes just read that thread of course after I posted here, which is always the way.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: DCF & Documentation for 'intent to domicile' for interview

Looks from what Rachael is saying in other posts, principally here:

She might have real problems too.

Perhaps her posts can be condensed into this thread as they are a bit scattered throughout everyone's else posts.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: The I130 process and a few questions

Originally Posted by rachococo
If there is a USC joint sponsor with the financial requirements with a letter saying you can stay at their house while settling in, is there still an issue with domilcile? I am soon to have my marriage based visa interview, I am british and my husband has been in UK for about 8 years on ILR, he has a US bank account, family and friends...his father is the joint sponsor and we will stay with him and his mother with our daughter whilst we get ourselves settled in.
Thanks
Yes, you have one big of issue. Read, as indicated elsewhere, my domicile thread.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hhehe, I hear ya. Unfortunately rachococo isn't helping her self by basically jumping into other people's threads all over the place and asking the same questions.

I am not trying to be unkind just that one thread, different questions will help us help her, and sounds from what she is saying in multiple threads, she does need to take some time and think about the issues.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginblossom
Hhehe, I hear ya. Unfortunately rachococo isn't helping her self by basically jumping into other people's threads all over the place and asking the same questions.

I am not trying to be unkind just that one thread, different questions will help us help her, and sounds from what she is saying in multiple threads, she does need to take some time and think about the issues.
Lost me about an hour ago!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.