Wikiposts

Dcf

Old May 27th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice
Default Dcf

Hi guys,

Still looking at DCF - if you do this, do you still need to adjust status?

Thanks

Kath
Old May 27th 2004, 10:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dcf

Originally posted by anyone4tea
Hi guys,

Still looking at DCF - if you do this, do you still need to adjust status?

Thanks

Kath
no.
Old May 27th 2004, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

So you're LPR instead of CPR?
Old May 27th 2004, 10:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

So you're LPR instead of CPR?
no, I'm USC

I'm sure you mean that if you DCF are you a CR-1 or IR-1, right?

lol.
mo

ps: depends on how long you've been married. and when you enter.
Old May 27th 2004, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by meauxna
no, I'm USC

I'm sure you mean that if you DCF are you a CR-1 or IR-1, right?

lol.
mo

ps: depends on how long you've been married. and when you enter.

Hi,

I don't know what a CR-1 or IR-1 is!! Conditional Permanent Resident comes when you K3,and you have to adjust status to Lawful Permanent Resident. Do you have to do this with DCF?

If you have been married only a short period of time, you still need to AOS?

Thanks

Kath
Old May 27th 2004, 10:46 am

Hi,

I don't know what a CR-1 or IR-1 is!! Conditional Permanent Resident comes when you K3,and you have to adjust status to Lawful Permanent Resident.
Sorry, that's not correct.

Do you have to do this with DCF?

Thanks

Kath
If you go the K3 route, you are allowed in to the US to wait for your I-130 to ripen. In some districts, you can Adjust Status (AOS) before your I-130 is approved. When you interview and complete your AOS, you are adjusted to Permanent Resident status. If married less than 2 years at that time, you are a Conditional PR and must Remove Conditions. After Conditions are removed *then* you are LPR/Legal/Lawful Permanent Resident.

If you have DCF'd the I-130 abroad, the alien can now apply for an Immigrant Visa. K3s whose I-130 matures can also take this route if they did not AOS.
The Immigrant Visa number for spouses is CR-1 if married less than 2 years or IR-1 if married more than 2 years. All Immigrant Visa users in this context get stamp I-551 on their entry and depending on how long they have been married at entry, will be CPR or LPR.
I-551 is manifested by a stamp in the passport and a card, known as a Green Card. The card is normally mailed to new IV arrivals within a month; the stamp is rec'd at entry.
Old May 27th 2004, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I don't know what a CR-1 or IR-1 is!! Conditional Permanent Resident comes when you K3,and you have to adjust status to Lawful Permanent Resident. Do you have to do this with DCF?

Thanks

Kath
Hi Kath

I think someone has already replied....anyway - as I understand it, if the DCF route is taken successfully, when entering the US for the first time one's passport is stamped with a stamp which enables you to obtain a green card promptly. No further AOS action is needed. The only remaining thing to be done would be after 2 years, when the conditional status of one's visa has to be lifted (unless you'd already been married 2 years at the DCF stage). This is the great advantage of DCF, I think - even more than the shorter processing time.

Good luck for 29th ----I'm sure you'll not need it. Hope the weather holds !
Ann