Reload this Page >

Day 130 and Joke Continues

Wikiposts

Day 130 and Joke Continues

Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Day 130 and Joke Continues

Well I have given up on Missouri and being that we received an RFE from Vermont on 11/19 I am more hopefully that the I130 will be approved before the I129F because Missouri is too good to even respond to status inquiries from Congressional reps as well.

130 days for something that probably takes 5 days in total. It's great to know that out tax dollars are wasted on people who work at these centers. I am tired of hearing how RFE's stop the process. My process should have been stopped for a total of 9 days which is the time they issued the RFE to the time my status online changed to them receiving my response. I can't stand how it takes 4 weeks for the file to get from the mail room back to the Immigration officer. This is absolute BS. Maybe the immigration officer who handles RFE's took the holidays off as that wouldn't surprise.

I guess everyone could see from my last 2 posts I am very angry at this whole process. I wouldn't mind if I see people with other RFE's finally getting approved but none of us are getting approved while people with receipt dates almost 50 days after us are getting approved. Some one explain the logic in that to me. I receive an RFE and the turn around by me and wife is 9 days but MSC/NBC now has moved 50 days past our receipt date without an approval for us or anyone else who received an RFE right around the time we did.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day 130 and Joke Continues

Out of curiosity what was your RFE for?

Originally posted by tmushen
Well I have given up on Missouri and being that we received an RFE from Vermont on 11/19 I am more hopefully that the I130 will be approved before the I129F because Missouri is too good to even respond to status inquiries from Congressional reps as well.

130 days for something that probably takes 5 days in total. It's great to know that out tax dollars are wasted on people who work at these centers. I am tired of hearing how RFE's stop the process. My process should have been stopped for a total of 9 days which is the time they issued the RFE to the time my status online changed to them receiving my response. I can't stand how it takes 4 weeks for the file to get from the mail room back to the Immigration officer. This is absolute BS. Maybe the immigration officer who handles RFE's took the holidays off as that wouldn't surprise.

I guess everyone could see from my last 2 posts I am very angry at this whole process. I wouldn't mind if I see people with other RFE's finally getting approved but none of us are getting approved while people with receipt dates almost 50 days after us are getting approved. Some one explain the logic in that to me. I receive an RFE and the turn around by me and wife is 9 days but MSC/NBC now has moved 50 days past our receipt date without an approval for us or anyone else who received an RFE right around the time we did.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by lpdiver
Out of curiosity what was your RFE for?
G325-A for both of us which I sent 100%.

I am trying to figure if they lost these forms on purpose because maybe I call too much. Who knows but I love when I call and these operators get annoyed and say you know you check all this on the internet. Well excuse me for missing my wife and hoping that by some miracle that if I called in the person on the other line would tell me something different than what is on the internet.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you are having the problems it can be frustrating. Did they lose them alltogether or just not have signatures?

G325-A for both of us which I sent 100%.

I am trying to figure if they lost these forms on purpose because maybe I call too much. Who knows but I love when I call and these operators get annoyed and say you know you check all this on the internet. Well excuse me for missing my wife and hoping that by some miracle that if I called in the person on the other line would tell me something different than what is on the internet.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:12 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Well excuse me for missing my wife and hoping that by some miracle that if I called in the person on the other line would tell me something different than what is on the internet.
I've asked about this at the CSC before. The operators "at the CSC" can see the same information you can see on the on-line page, however in addition they can also see when a case has been shipped away from the service center, and the place it was sent.

Other than that, what they see is what you can see yourself by logging on to the USCIS' site.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry you are having the problems it can be frustrating. Did they lose them alltogether or just not have signatures?
How would I determine this as the RFE has a checklist and the thing checked off says: Please sumbit a completed and signed Form G-325A for Petitioner and Spouse. At the bottom of the page it also has a check box for Other and that also says: Both the Petitioner and spouse must complete and sign Form 325-A.

So I am not sure if it's lost or not but I know we sent in original signatures and not copies. The funny thing is we got the same RFE for the I130 and I129F. I am 99% percent sure we sent originals but the lawyer obviously was the one who sealed the package.

Any way you would think that once they received the forms again it shouldn't take this long. Vermont says to give them at least 14 days to process the forms and because I have more faith in them my 14th day would be 12/17 as they updated the online status for that RFE as received on 12/3. Thus I check that more often becase Vermont at least seems to have a heart beat when it comes to RFE's.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I would be particularly perturbed were I in your shoes. I didn't realize until now that you were using an attorney. So if I understand correctly your attorney submitted a G-325 for the I-130 and you got a RFE. He apparently didn't learn from his mistake and did the same thing on the I-129f application. And he still has not gotten an explaination for you. I think you deserve an answer and I think your attorney should get it for you. Maybe it's the not his fault but you do deserve some answers.

How would I determine this as the RFE has a checklist and the thing checked off says: Please sumbit a completed and signed Form G-325A for Petitioner and Spouse. At the bottom of the page it also has a check box for Other and that also says: Both the Petitioner and spouse must complete and sign Form 325-A.

So I am not sure if it's lost or not but I know we sent in original signatures and not copies. The funny thing is we got the same RFE for the I130 and I129F. I am 99% percent sure we sent originals but the lawyer obviously was the one who sealed the package.

Any way you would think that once they received the forms again it shouldn't take this long. Vermont says to give them at least 14 days to process the forms and because I have more faith in them my 14th day would be 12/17 as they updated the online status for that RFE as received on 12/3. Thus I check that more often becase Vermont at least seems to have a heart beat when it comes to RFE's.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think I would be particularly perturbed were I in your shoes. I didn't realize until now that you were using an attorney. So if I understand correctly your attorney submitted a G-325 for the I-130 and you got a RFE. He apparently didn't learn from his mistake and did the same thing on the I-129f application. And he still has not gotten an explaination for you. I think you deserve an answer and I think your attorney should get it for you. Maybe it's the not his fault but you do deserve some answers.
I actually got the RFE for the I129F first on 11/10 and returned the forms on 11/18 and it showed online as received on 11/19. I received the I130 RFE on 11/19 and returned the documents on 11/26 and they showed received on 12/3. The lawyer has written several letters stating that the forms where included in the original package and that there are children involved. Thank god we were smart enough to let them start school in Turkey in the month of September. If it was just me and my wife I could be more patient but everyday I get more mad because these people don't understand or care that the children one don't understand why they can't come back yet (Not to mention that they are both US Citizens already) and two knowing they eventually will come back and expected to come back already do you know how hard it is for them to go to school in Turkey when they want to be in school in America. Additionally Missouri has not answered one letter from my lawyer. Matthew if your out there is this normal not to receive a response to a written letter? My first status inquiry also was not answered.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

All I can say is hang in there. I don't know the fact here but it apears that you don't have the experience of an experienced immigration attorney. At this point I guess I'd just let go let it go. I did think from one of the postings in this group that one of the advantages of using an attorney was that they had phone lines available to them that the general public could not use. Bottom line: It won't help your case at this point other than to learn if maybe you have an inexperienced attorney.

I actually got the RFE for the I129F first on 11/10 and returned the forms on 11/18 and it showed online as received on 11/19. I received the I130 RFE on 11/19 and returned the documents on 11/26 and they showed received on 12/3. The lawyer has written several letters stating that the forms where included in the original package and that there are children involved. Thank god we were smart enough to let them start school in Turkey in the month of September. If it was just me and my wife I could be more patient but everyday I get more mad because these people don't understand or care that the children one don't understand why they can't come back yet (Not to mention that they are both US Citizens already) and two knowing they eventually will come back and expected to come back already do you know how hard it is for them to go to school in Turkey when they want to be in school in America. Additionally Missouri has not answered one letter from my lawyer. Matthew if your out there is this normal not to receive a response to a written letter? My first status inquiry also was not answered.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:02 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Additionally Missouri has not answered one letter from my lawyer. Matthew if your out there is this normal not to receive a response to a written letter? My first status inquiry also was not answered.
I’m here. From the experiences I have in sending written communication to a Service Center or District Office, most of the time the communication is only one-way.

I send my letter informing them of a problem, they get it and take care of the problem without having to reply to my letter. Of course, I’ve also had them “call� me in reply to a letter or fax sent to them, and I have received written replies from them before, however that is not the typical situation. The “typical� situation is where I send letter/fax and the problem is solved with no written reply from them.

In your RFE context, I doubt your attorney will receive any written reply (although he might). Not to minimize your concerns, but I’m not sure what it is that they would tell you in a reply that you don’t already know. They have received your RFE materials and will be processing your case as soon as they can. True, it would be “nice� to receive a written reply, however I don’t think they have time to do that and again, all they could really tell you is that they have received your RFE reply and they will be processing the case as soon as they can… two things you already know.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:08 pm
Banned

I did think from one of the postings in this group that one of the advantages of using an attorney was that they had phone lines available to them that the general public could not use.
Some advantages are issue spotting to see if there are any red flags and coming up with the best way to handle the potential problem issue or issues, doing the actual work and putting together a well documented submission (avoiding beginner mistakes) in an effort to try to reduce the odds of receiving an RFE, being there to answer the client’s questions that always come up during the course of a case, and going to bat for the client in order to try to fix USCIS or Consulate made problems or screw-ups as quickly as possible.

The MSC/NBC does not have any phone lines in which to call (not even for representatives to call). There is however an MSC/NBC AILA Liaison we AILA members can use if we can’t get the problem resolved on our own through our communication with that service center. In fact, each Service Center has its own designated AILA liaison attorney. I’ve only had to use an AILA liaison one time, and that was for an I-129f problem case that I could not resolve (the problem) on my own with the TSC. Worked like a charm.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

That was the my point. It would appear to me that this petitioner is not getting a good value for his dollar.

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Some advantages are issue spotting to see if there are any red flags and coming up with the best way to handle the potential problem issue or issues, doing the actual work and putting together a well documented submission (avoiding beginner mistakes) in an effort to try to reduce the odds of receiving an RFE, being there to answer the client’s questions that always come up during the course of a case, and going to bat for the client in order to try to fix USCIS or Consulate made problems or screw-ups as quickly as possible.

The MSC/NBC does not have any phone lines in which to call (not even for representatives to call). There is however an MSC/NBC AILA Liaison we AILA members can use if we can’t get the problem resolved on our own through our communication with that service center. In fact, each Service Center has its own designated AILA liaison attorney. I’ve only had to use an AILA liaison one time, and that was for an I-129f problem case that I could not resolve (the problem) on my own with the TSC. Worked like a charm.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:25 pm
Banned

In your RFE context, I doubt your attorney will receive any written reply (although he might).
Of course, I suppose receiving your written approval notice might be construed as receiving a written reply :-).

My guess is that your case or cases will be approved any moment now. Here, I’m sending my good karma for this matter out into the cosmos. There, done. They should be approved soon :-).
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:28 pm
Banned

That was the my point. It would appear to me that this petitioner is not getting a good value for his dollar.
Perhaps, but the OP has also said his attorney stated the G-325A's were included with both submissions, and that the attorney has sent multiple letters to the Service Center(s) about this problem and the fact that these forms were submitted (although even if the forms were submitted, it won't do any good to tell them this... if they can't find them they can't find them regardless of who is at fault for this fact).

I've had them lose things that I submitted with a case or two.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Of course, I suppose receiving your written approval notice might be construed as receiving a written reply :-).

My guess is that your case or cases will be approved any moment now. Here, I’m sending my good karma for this matter out into the cosmos. There, done. They should be approved soon :-).
Thanks Matt. I appreciate the time you take to answer me and everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.