Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Daughter's K2 London interview success! And my AOS receipt

Wikiposts

Daughter's K2 London interview success! And my AOS receipt

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:48 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daughter's K2 London interview success! And my AOS receipt

Hi,

Some of you will remember my dilemma about my 14-year-old daughter's status, when she didn't follow through with attending my interview at the London Embassy for my k1 visa. She did, however, come over to the US on a visa waiver, for our wedding, and wanted to stay. I was advised by some that the visa waiver thing might have looked suspicious if we had tried to adjust her status from it, so instead we arranged for a K2 medical and interview for her in London, flew her back over to the UK where she was able to see some friends and family and still return here, visa in hand, to attend some end-of-semester tests at school.

Her dad took her to the medical and interview last week. Her medical was just a brief examination with no X-Ray or blood test, because of her age. She presented her vaccination record, which included the new boosters she and I had done last summer, and everything was in order. Her interview at the embassy mostly consisted of asking her when Kurt and I got married and was she looking forward to living in the US? It seemed mostly a formality, based on my successful K1 interview back in September.

I myself received my receipt from the USCIS for my AOS package. They estimate 90 days for my EAD, 10 weeks for my AP, and 18 months for the AOS itself. This is at Memphis, Tennessee. I was hoping it would be quicker than that, but can't think of any advantages to it being sooner, can anyone tell me of any?

Happy Christmas all!

Debbie
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:34 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daughter's K2 London interview success! And my AOS receipt

Hello Debbie

I'm really happy for you that your daughter is now with you. I am in a similar situation with my son now wanting to join me although we didn't get as far as applying for a K4 for him but we do have a I-130 in since March.

Well done on all your other applications.

Hope you all have a great Christmas together.

Maggie

Originally posted by dbark
Hi,

Some of you will remember my dilemma about my 14-year-old daughter's status, when she didn't follow through with attending my interview at the London Embassy for my k1 visa. She did, however, come over to the US on a visa waiver, for our wedding, and wanted to stay. I was advised by some that the visa waiver thing might have looked suspicious if we had tried to adjust her status from it, so instead we arranged for a K2 medical and interview for her in London, flew her back over to the UK where she was able to see some friends and family and still return here, visa in hand, to attend some end-of-semester tests at school.

Her dad took her to the medical and interview last week. Her medical was just a brief examination with no X-Ray or blood test, because of her age. She presented her vaccination record, which included the new boosters she and I had done last summer, and everything was in order. Her interview at the embassy mostly consisted of asking her when Kurt and I got married and was she looking forward to living in the US? It seemed mostly a formality, based on my successful K1 interview back in September.

I myself received my receipt from the USCIS for my AOS package. They estimate 90 days for my EAD, 10 weeks for my AP, and 18 months for the AOS itself. This is at Memphis, Tennessee. I was hoping it would be quicker than that, but can't think of any advantages to it being sooner, can anyone tell me of any?

Happy Christmas all!

Debbie
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Debbie that's fantastic news! Congrats to you and Rachel that it all went smoothly.

Will email you properly later.

With love,
Amy
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Congrats Debbie, I'm glad all went well in the end and that your daughter is now with you, having been able to go the K2 route.

All the best for the holidays and 2004 and I wish you a happy, further wait on USCIS for your EAD, AP and AOS!!

Karen
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:41 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbark
Hi,

Happy Christmas all!

Debbie
Can't answer any questions except to say glad it went well and good to see you again.
All the best
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 1:47 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, all! And Happy Holidays

Debbie