British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Darrenb (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/darrenb-130294/)

sal_whit Feb 2nd 2003 10:07 pm

Darrenb

I won't be in the forum to wish you luck on Tuesday,So I'm doing it now!!!! I know you wont need it!!! :):)
See you there bright and early..LOL.

Sal

gracejilly Feb 2nd 2003 10:27 pm

Re: Darrenb

Good Luck on Tuesday Darrenb......Nice that you have Sal there with you too. Oh, I wish you all the best.

Stay warm, my Kenny is there tonight and he said it is quite mild...but he's from Scotland so, ya know

Go get your visaa!!!!!

darrenb Feb 3rd 2003 3:44 pm

Hello everyone and thanks so much. I have spent most of the day not thinking about the interview and medical and have concentarted on laundry and putting up stupid replies to daft posts (please see: looking for a swedish/ russian....).

We live in hampshire on the coast so will be leaving home around 4.30am to get to London bright an early. Im taking the house deeds with me so that I can park near the embassy. Im going to track down Miss (and soon to be Mrs) Sal Whit.

Hopefully I wont be coming back with a blue slip! I will put in a full report for you transatlantic bunnies either late Tuesday or Wednesday.

Wish me luck!!!

D

dbark Feb 3rd 2003 3:48 pm

Originally posted by darrenb
Hello everyone and thanks so much. I have spent most of the day not thinking about the interview and medical and have concentarted on laundry and putting up stupid replies to daft posts (please see: looking for a swedish/ russian....).

We live in hampshire on the coast so will be leaving home around 4.30am to get to London bright an early. Im taking the house deeds with me so that I can park near the embassy. Im going to track down Miss (and soon to be Mrs) Sal Whit.

Hopefully I wont be coming back with a blue slip! I will put in a full report for you transatlantic bunnies either late Tuesday or Wednesday.

Wish me luck!!!

D
Yes Darren,

All the best for tomorrow, I will wave to you and Sally from South London where I live and work! We look forward to reading your reports, complete with anecdotes, please check on the toilets - or should I call them restrooms, seeing as they are on US property? ;) - I have heard some very strange things about them!

Take care,

Debbie :)

darrenb Feb 3rd 2003 3:53 pm

If the consulate is on US soil then surely it would make buying the whole building cheaper than a 1 bed studio in Hampstead?

Anyone thought of making an offer?

dbark Feb 3rd 2003 3:53 pm

Originally posted by darrenb
If the consulate is on US soil then surely it would make buying the whole building cheaper than a 1 bed studio in Hampstead?

Anyone thought of making an offer?
You are making me LOL Darren! Aren't you supposed to be nervous?

darrenb Feb 3rd 2003 4:00 pm

Yes, I am supposed to be nervous. I guess its just my ego that makes me keep responding to these replies so I can see my name at the top of the screen for as long as possible. If I knew this forum was going to be this much I would have tried to become an immigrant years ago. Mind you, word on the street is the K3 approved petetition is this seasons black.

kitty-uk Feb 3rd 2003 4:26 pm

Dear Sal & Darrenb

I hope that you both get to meet at the doctors, tho how will you know who is who has bugged me most of the day...

I hope that, now you have both double checked all your paper work a dozen times, put it away and spend the next few hours making Name Badges :D

A prize awaits the best badge please note blue peter badges don't count !!!

Have fun tomorrow and take the time to enjoy the day all the best kit

darrenb Feb 3rd 2003 4:35 pm

Hey Kit,

Thanks for the lovely message. In answer to your question about finding each other we both have vague descriptions (shes blonde, Im fat) and Im quite happy to make a complete arse of myself asking various women if they spend their time talking to strange men on internet forums ;)

Yes I have checked my paperwork although Im not sure if the I-864 should have been filled out in bubble writing using a purple glitter pen. I also thought it would be a nice touch to put kisses at the end of my signature so the officer understands Im a nice person who's good to his mother (which Im sure is part of the criterior).

In all honesty I will be glad when its all over. If I get the visa you'll find me extra full of beans on the forum for some time to come and if I dont then.... nah... not gonna happen ;)

Thanks again

D

mrsstrickland Feb 3rd 2003 4:55 pm

good luck to you both on your quests, and dont worry everyone is friendly and helpful, i look forward to reading your good news

dee

darrenb Feb 3rd 2003 5:02 pm

Thanks Dee.

I hope ours goes as well as yours did!

Take Care

D

Ronald Austin Feb 3rd 2003 8:41 pm

Re: Darrenb

Good luck to you. That about the deed and parking near the Embassy had me
LOL!

"darrenb" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Dee.
    > I hope ours goes as well as yours did!
    > Take Care
    > D
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

darrenb Feb 3rd 2003 10:06 pm

10.55pm. I got to be up in 5 hours. hmmm. Well no matter what happens tomorrow at least I can sleep easy knowing I'm not Michael Jackson. Did any of you see it? Ok, I've posted enough off topics in the last week. So as I sit here listening to my Zero 7 cd and typing to you lot I have to admit that Im looking forward to it being this time tomorrow night.

Paperwork checked, paranoia checked, that nagging feeling that I didn't fill in box 674 of form i-9457560/a part III chapter 5 on the taxation of caffeine free diet coke and how I won't receive a rebate until I have become a fully sanitized American. I have the several hundred thousand dollars for the visa, the medical, the visa issuance and the tip for the security guard. As supporting evidence I've prepared a presentation (with slides) on the effect of Seinfeld on modern American society. Jen, my wife has learned a little dance and all the words to Happy Birthday Mr President although we can't find one of those upward fans to place under her feet.

All in all I would say we were fully prepared for this. Let the games begin.....