Cv19 visa appointment

Old Mar 19th 2020, 12:41 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cv19 visa appointment

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I doubt if everyone knows where you work.
Healthcare. Enough said!
Old Mar 19th 2020, 12:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster
is there anyones door it isn't at
Well yes, if you'd read his second paragraph! ... And I haven't heard of any cases yet in the county where I live either.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 12:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Healthcare. Enough said!
Things are about to get busy for you.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 9:20 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

On Wednesday March, 18 the Department of State announced that visa services will be shut down worldwide except for emergencies.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
On Wednesday March, 18 the Department of State announced that visa services will be shut down worldwide except for emergencies.
Things are going to get real.
Old Mar 28th 2020, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

JonB 47 is an unknown quantity at this point

On Mar 23 I finally got my email from NVC with my interview date which said it was on April 24th which was good as we filed the i130 way back in Nov 2018. Then those in the UK know that as of the Monday evening the UK was put into lockdown for 3 weeks, yes the interview is after the 3 weeks but it means that the medical would not have a chance of happening. I haven't received a physical letter with the interview details etc yet anyway and I cannot get a reply from the embassy using email or even on twitter about what will happen. It is just our luck that after waiting so long that the whole country gets locked down just as I get interview lol
Old Mar 28th 2020, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ann257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonB 47
On Mar 23 I finally got my email from NVC with my interview date which said it was on April 24th which was good as we filed the i130 way back in Nov 2018. Then those in the UK know that as of the Monday evening the UK was put into lockdown for 3 weeks, yes the interview is after the 3 weeks but it means that the medical would not have a chance of happening. I haven't received a physical letter with the interview details etc yet anyway and I cannot get a reply from the embassy using email or even on twitter about what will happen. It is just our luck that after waiting so long that the whole country gets locked down just as I get interview lol
Are you in the U.K.?
Old Mar 28th 2020, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Yes I am in UK, Manchester
Old Mar 28th 2020, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ann257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond reputeAnn257 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am in UK, Manchester
our interview should have been last Monday so I will post on here when we get another appointment, that should hopefully give you an idea of timescale. (If yours is postponed to deal with backlog)
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 10:48 am
Just Joined

UPDATE: On 27th August I got lucky as when I checked the embassy appointment booking website it showed some available appointments so I grabbed one. I had been checking everyday so when I saw some available I was happy. Once that was confirmed it was straight on the phone to book the medical which was easy and actually got the day I wanted and was given a choice of times.

I had my medical yesterday which wasn't as bad as I expected. I had travelled down Sunday to Euston and stayed overnight in the Travelodge opposite the station, then Monday I jumped on the number 30 bus towards Marble Arch at around 9:45 and got off at stop H at Portman Square stop which is about 5 min walk from Bentinck Mansions (I did take a left instead of a right at one point but wasn't much of a big deal). I arrived outside the building at 10:15ish which gave me time to drink lots of water and relax a little from the walk as my appointment was 11:30. So I just stood around waiting until 11:27 then went up and buzzed flat 4 and was let in. You have to wear a mask and they take your temperature when you arrive. Then the usual hand over the paperwork you are supposed to bring, you are given a red bag which contains a sample pot to pee into (which can be done anytime as long as it is before you leave) and also 2 more forms to fill in which are simple tick boxes as well as check the details on some sticky labels they printed were correct. Also had a digital photo taken as I was told I didn't need to bring 4 passport photos with me. Then you get shown where to sit in waiting room, this wasn't crowded as when I went in there were 2 other people waiting.

Next up was the chest x-ray which was straight forward, then got to wait in another little waiting room until doctor called me. The doctor just went over the forms and asked a few questions then I had to sign a form that the info was true and I didn't need a chaperone for the examination (I guess because it was a female doctor). Then you get told to stand against the bed and cover an eye then read the line with the arrow next to it on the eye chart. Once that is done you get given a gown and told to strip to underwear (make sure you put gown on right so opening is at front, luckily I got it right lol). Once you are ready you get told to sit on bed where they check your eyes with that torch/magnifier thing then ears. Next you are told to lie on the bed where doctor checks arms for any physical self harm, then blood pressure, pulse around ankles, and prods and pokes around neck area, stomach area etc. You are told to sit up as they check your breathing front and back by taking deep breaths (the stethoscope wasn't cold). Next thing was the taking of blood which is straight forward, once that is done you are told you can get dressed again. Once dressed it is explained that if anything shows up in blood they would be in touch, then it's another short wait in waiting room as the vaccination nurse signs off the vaccination sheet (mine were all up to date as I had them all redone in Dec/Jan as there were no records at my doctors).

Next I was called back to window 1 in reception where I was given my passport back, my vaccination form and a note saying DO NOT GIVE TO ANYONE AT EMBASSY. I MUST KEEP IT AND TAKE TO US WITH ME (it says on it that it is used for adjustment of status and for jobs etc), then all I had to do was pay the £350 and was told again no news is good news and if I don't hear anything in 2 to 3 days medical is good and embassy should receive it within 5 days. Was wished good luck and was free to leave. I think the whole process took around 1hr 30 mins. Then it was another short walk to George Street to get number 30 bus back to Euston from stop K.

Now I get to travel down to Euston again next Sunday for the embassy part on the Monday at 11am. So by this time next week I hopefully will be approved

Last edited by JonB 47; Sep 22nd 2020 at 10:53 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 9:04 am
Just Joined

I forgot to say that the doctor checks your height and weight before the eye test (it wouldn't let me edit post again)
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

XBricemanX is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE: On 27th August I got lucky as when I checked the embassy appointment booking website it showed some available appointments so I grabbed one. I had been checking everyday so when I saw some available I was happy. Once that was confirmed it was straight on the phone to book the medical which was easy and actually got the day I wanted and was given a choice of times.

I had my medical yesterday which wasn't as bad as I expected. I had travelled down Sunday to Euston and stayed overnight in the Travelodge opposite the station, then Monday I jumped on the number 30 bus towards Marble Arch at around 9:45 and got off at stop H at Portman Square stop which is about 5 min walk from Bentinck Mansions (I did take a left instead of a right at one point but wasn't much of a big deal). I arrived outside the building at 10:15ish which gave me time to drink lots of water and relax a little from the walk as my appointment was 11:30. So I just stood around waiting until 11:27 then went up and buzzed flat 4 and was let in. You have to wear a mask and they take your temperature when you arrive. Then the usual hand over the paperwork you are supposed to bring, you are given a red bag which contains a sample pot to pee into (which can be done anytime as long as it is before you leave) and also 2 more forms to fill in which are simple tick boxes as well as check the details on some sticky labels they printed were correct. Also had a digital photo taken as I was told I didn't need to bring 4 passport photos with me. Then you get shown where to sit in waiting room, this wasn't crowded as when I went in there were 2 other people waiting.

Next up was the chest x-ray which was straight forward, then got to wait in another little waiting room until doctor called me. The doctor just went over the forms and asked a few questions then I had to sign a form that the info was true and I didn't need a chaperone for the examination (I guess because it was a female doctor). Then you get told to stand against the bed and cover an eye then read the line with the arrow next to it on the eye chart. Once that is done you get given a gown and told to strip to underwear (make sure you put gown on right so opening is at front, luckily I got it right lol). Once you are ready you get told to sit on bed where they check your eyes with that torch/magnifier thing then ears. Next you are told to lie on the bed where doctor checks arms for any physical self harm, then blood pressure, pulse around ankles, and prods and pokes around neck area, stomach area etc. You are told to sit up as they check your breathing front and back by taking deep breaths (the stethoscope wasn't cold). Next thing was the taking of blood which is straight forward, once that is done you are told you can get dressed again. Once dressed it is explained that if anything shows up in blood they would be in touch, then it's another short wait in waiting room as the vaccination nurse signs off the vaccination sheet (mine were all up to date as I had them all redone in Dec/Jan as there were no records at my doctors).

Next I was called back to window 1 in reception where I was given my passport back, my vaccination form and a note saying DO NOT GIVE TO ANYONE AT EMBASSY. I MUST KEEP IT AND TAKE TO US WITH ME (it says on it that it is used for adjustment of status and for jobs etc), then all I had to do was pay the £350 and was told again no news is good news and if I don't hear anything in 2 to 3 days medical is good and embassy should receive it within 5 days. Was wished good luck and was free to leave. I think the whole process took around 1hr 30 mins. Then it was another short walk to George Street to get number 30 bus back to Euston from stop K.

Now I get to travel down to Euston again next Sunday for the embassy part on the Monday at 11am. So by this time next week I hopefully will be approved
How do I go about looking for what appointment slots are currently open? Is this something any type of visa application can do. I'm currently waiting for an interview(CR1 visa application). Can these be booked or is it a waiting game? Please forgive me if this sounds dumb. Just not seen an option like this anywhere.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

When I got my original date for April before it got cancelled in the email it gave a link to sign up and register . When it got cancelled it gave me link below for more info and there was option to schedule an appointment, I had been checking everyday since April and as London didn't reopen until July 27th there was nothing, even after that date nothing until Aug 27tth when I checked and there was a calendar with some available dates and some different times once I picked the date

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/iv/users/sign_in
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

XBricemanX is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got my original date for April before it got cancelled in the email it gave a link to sign up and register . When it got cancelled it gave me link below for more info and there was option to schedule an appointment, I had been checking everyday since April and as London didn't reopen until July 27th there was nothing, even after that date nothing until Aug 27tth when I checked and there was a calendar with some available dates and some different times once I picked the date

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/iv/users/sign_in
Thanks so much for relpying. I clicked the link and it would appear that I need to have a date assigned to me first. I guess it's a waiting game for me and my wife
Old Sep 24th 2020, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

UKviaLA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question regarding the medical, if you don't mind. According to the list of required vaccinations, chicken pox vax is listed. My husband had chicken pox in his 20s but no way to prove it. As he's now 50, seems more sensible to get the shingles vax instead. As the CP vax is not cheap, how can I check if this would be ok? Might you know? It's a specific place they send you to for the medical, correct? Could you tell me the name so I could check with them? We're trying to get the vaccinations out of the way now, because, like you, my husband has no records of any vaccinations. All the rest are fine but it's the just CP one we're questioning. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.