Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Current spousal green card interview wait times - London

Current spousal green card interview wait times - London

Old Nov 20th 2020, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Fishlioni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current spousal green card interview wait times - London

Hi. Apologies if this has been answered in a thread but I can't fine. I had all of my documents approved by NVC on November 4th and I was wondering what is the current approximate timescale as to when I can expect a letter confirming my interview date with the London embassy? Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Fishlioni; Nov 20th 2020 at 10:28 pm. Reason: Title edit
Old Nov 21st 2020, 1:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current spousal green card interview wait times - London

Hi and welcome to BE. Others can chime in on time frames, but I just wanted to point out that your interview will not be for a green card... it will be for an immigrant visa.

Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 7:36 am
Just Joined

British in Us is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I've also found it a little frustrating that there is so little info available about timescales, particularly with the affect of COVID/lockdown..... So here are my timescales that might give you an idea. Documents approved by NVC: 23rd July
Email received ref. Appointment at US Embassy (London): 13th Nov
Appointment Date: 7th December

You have to register with the courier service to "confirm" the interview date, just be aware that it took a few days after receiving the appointment email before I could register with the courier service, as it kept saying I "was not ready to book an appointment yet".

So in short, it took about 4 months between having my docs. approved by NVC and receiving my email about the appointment.

​​​​​​​Hope this helps!
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by British in Us
Hi. I've also found it a little frustrating that there is so little info available about timescales, particularly with the affect of COVID/lockdown..... So here are my timescales that might give you an idea. Documents approved by NVC: 23rd July
Email received ref. Appointment at US Embassy (London): 13th Nov
Appointment Date: 7th December

You have to register with the courier service to "confirm" the interview date, just be aware that it took a few days after receiving the appointment email before I could register with the courier service, as it kept saying I "was not ready to book an appointment yet".

So in short, it took about 4 months between having my docs. approved by NVC and receiving my email about the appointment.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for this. Exactly what I was after. Much appreciated!

​​​​​​​
Old Dec 12th 2020, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

XBricemanX is an unknown quantity at this point

Our documents were cleared on September 6th. So I'm hoping for an interview date soon by those timeframes ?
Old Dec 12th 2020, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Fingers crossed for you! If you could up date on here when you get your interview date, it would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

XBricemanX is an unknown quantity at this point

So I have a great update. My wife and I received our interview date. Its on the 12/01/2021. We were DQ'ed on 6/9/2020 and we weren't expecting this at all as we had seen from many posts that it was 4-6 months. So we are almost at an end of this process. Any tips on what to expect next or advice would be greatly welcomed.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by XBricemanX
So I have a great update. My wife and I received our interview date. Its on the 12/01/2021. We were DQ'ed on 6/9/2020 and we weren't expecting this at all as we had seen from many posts that it was 4-6 months. So we are almost at an end of this process. Any tips on what to expect next or advice would be greatly welcomed.
Good news and thanks for the update. Hopefully this Tier 4 wont slow things down for you! fingers crossed.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

eyedontknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XBricemanX
Hello, can you help me by sharing your full timeline, from when you posted your application off, to when you were DQ'ed?

Thank you!
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 6:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I believe if you read the entire posting, then the timeline is evident.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 12:02 am
Just Joined

eyedontknow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
I believe if you read the entire posting, then the timeline is evident.
I don't see anywhere where XBriceman has shared information about when he submitted the petition. I am interested to know about the timing prior to being DQ'ed so I I can understand the whole process. I don't see this anywhere in the thread.