Reload this Page >

A cry for help on changing of address

Wikiposts

A cry for help on changing of address

Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

B-LOVELY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A cry for help on changing of address

Actually he did not file I-864 affidavit of support for me, he filled I-134 affidavit of support. I called back the Uscis, and i was told that, i do not need any form I-865, since my husband did not filed the I-864, and i was also told that i dont need to expect any thing from them, and that i am fine. I was relief when i heard that, and i stop panicing. Thank you guys for your replies
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B-LOVELY
Actually he did not file I-864 affidavit of support for me, he filled I-134 affidavit of support. I called back the Uscis, and i was told that, i do not need any form I-865, since my husband did not filed the I-864, and i was also told that i dont need to expect any thing from them, and that i am fine. I was relief when i heard that, and i stop panicing. Thank you guys for your replies
You're welcome, and I'm sure you will be all right on the address change thing. But I'm curious...how did you enter the USA? If you came on a K-1, K-3, or some other way and then adjusted status by filing an I-485 in the USA, he had to have filled out an I-864 for you. The I-134 would have been used if you came on a K-1 visa, as the affidavit of support for your visa interview...but it's the I-864 which is the affidavit of support for AOS.

If you came over on an immigrant visa as the spouse of a USC, then he would have done an I-864 for your immigrant visa.

I don't understand how he only did an I-134 for you. It doesn't really matter now, since you did AOS succesfully, I'm just very curious.

Rene
Old Aug 25th 2007, 4:33 am
Just Joined

I came to the states on K1 visa, and when i filled for my adjustment of status, i think he filed I-134 Affidavit of support. Actually when i called back the uscis, i was told that since i have filled AR-11 i dont need to fille anything. And i was also told that since i dont have any application appending i dont need to file for anything, and that i am fine.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 4:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I came to the states on K1 visa, and when i filled for my adjustment of status, i think he filed I-134 Affidavit of support. Actually when i called back the uscis, i was told that since i have filled AR-11 i dont need to fille anything. And i was also told that since i dont have any application appending i dont need to file for anything, and that i am fine.
Yes, that's true you are fine on the AR-11 and change of address.

I'm just very surprised they allowed him to use an I-134 instead of an I-864 for your AOS. Doesn't matter now, it's done...this is the first time I've heard of it, is all.

Rene
Old Aug 25th 2007, 6:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I came to the states on K1 visa, and when i filled for my adjustment of status, i think he filed I-134 Affidavit of support.
I think you might be mistaken. Check your copies of what was submitted with your AOS to look for the I-864. *Someone* completed one for you, and your spouse is required by law to be one of those someones.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Yes it was my spouse who filed that for me. I think i am going to check it. But for now, i am okay, i dont need to worry about the changing of address, since i dont have any case pending or application pending. I am looking forward to next year when i will file to remove the condition on my . And thank you guys for your replies i really do appreciate it.

Oh yes you are right, my spouse filed I-864. Wow this thing is really confusing. Okay now that i was told not to worry, since i dont have any application pending or any case pending. So that means when i file for my lifting condition, my spouse have to file the I-865, or he doeant have to file anything?

Last edited by B-LOVELY; Aug 25th 2007 at 8:23 am.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was my spouse who filed that for me. I think i am going to check it. But for now, i am okay, i dont need to worry about the changing of address, since i dont have any case pending or application pending. I am looking forward to next year when i will file to remove the condition on my . And thank you guys for your replies i really do appreciate it.

Oh yes you are right, my spouse filed I-864. Wow this thing is really confusing. Okay now that i was told not to worry, since i dont have any application pending or any case pending. So that means when i file for my lifting condition, my spouse have to file the I-865, or he doeant have to file anything?

This is not as complicated as you are making it.

YOU do not have to file anything. You DID file your AR-11 and you have no cases pending. You did your part.

Your HUSBAND/SPONSOR who filed I-864 MUST file I-865 if HE moved too.
Husband forgot to do his part.
He can do it now.

You STILL do NOT have to worry. Just tell husband to file his form.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Thank you guys, you have made me calm down and i am so grateful. This site is the best, and you guys are always there to give advice, and you are doing a wonderful job. Thank you so so so much.