British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   CR1 waiting time line at US embassy, London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/cr1-waiting-time-line-us-embassy-london-934936/)

XBricemanX Sep 21st 2020 10:05 am

CR1 waiting time line at US embassy, London

Hi everyone,
My wife and I were informed that we are now at the stage of being offered an interview at the London embassy. We were sent an email on 5/9/20 telling us that all documentation has been received and approved. And that an appointment would be scheduled for us.
Was wondering if anyone has any kind of information on what kind of time line we could be looking at before we get a date for an interview?

purplenoon Sep 26th 2020 8:22 am

Re: CR1 waiting time line at US embassy, London

Hi XBricemanX,

Me and my wife are in the same situation. I've searched everywhere but I can't find an updated wait time for an immigrant visa interview in London. I'm expecting a 60-90 day wait time to hear back from the NVC although this could be far off... We received our email on the 12th August - It'd just be nice to have some idea so we can plan ahead. Please let me know if you find any info on this and I shall do the same

XBricemanX Sep 26th 2020 8:52 am

Originally Posted by purplenoon (Post 12914566)
Hi XBricemanX,

Me and my wife are in the same situation. I've searched everywhere but I can't find an updated wait time for an immigrant visa interview in London. I'm expecting a 60-90 day wait time to hear back from the NVC although this could be far off... We received our email on the 12th August - It'd just be nice to have some idea so we can plan ahead. Please let me know if you find any info on this and I shall do the same

I certainly will let you know if I do hear anything. The irony is that when I got a letter say welcome, it mention that I was a valued customer. Shocking way to treat valued customers by leaving them in the dark in such a sensitive matter!!!

stuwoolf Sep 26th 2020 12:45 pm

I am sure I read that interviews at US Embassy London were only taking place 2 days per week. This being the case, it may impact on the timeline of securing a date?

Having said that, as the appointment will be booked FOR you by visa staff, when an appointment comes avillable, you would hope you would be in a good position to get an appointment.

As I understand it, the last of the DCF applcants are finding it difficult to get appointments.

Good luck🙂

purplenoon Nov 15th 2020 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by XBricemanX (Post 12914579)
I certainly will let you know if I do hear anything. The irony is that when I got a letter say welcome, it mention that I was a valued customer. Shocking way to treat valued customers by leaving them in the dark in such a sensitive matter!!!

Hi XBricemanX, I just wanted to let you know that we received our interview date on the Friday 13th Nov, 3 months after we received our DQ (approval email). The interview is set for late December which is giving just over 1 months preparation time. I hope this helps.

XBricemanX Nov 15th 2020 11:49 pm

When were you DQ’ed if you don’t mind me asking?

purplenoon Nov 16th 2020 6:51 am

Hi XBricemanX, we DQ'd on the 12 August.

British in Us Nov 22nd 2020 7:39 am

Hi. I've also found it a little frustrating that there is so little info available about timescales, particularly with the affect of COVID/lockdown..... So here are my timescales that might give you an idea. Documents approved by NVC: 23rd JulyEmail received ref. Appointment at US Embassy (London): 13th NovAppointment Date: 7th December You have to register with the courier service to "confirm" the interview date, just be aware that it took a few days after receiving the appointment email before I could register with the courier service, as it kept saying I "was not ready to book an appointment yet". So in short, it took about 4 months between having my docs. approved by NVC and receiving my email about the appointment. Hope this helps!