Wikiposts

CR1 Visa received

Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:45 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of
Default CR1 Visa received

I got my passport back today with the visa inside, and my x-ray in the package. I was very surprised as I only had my interview on Friday, and was approved pending medical results as they hadn't received my medical results by the time I had my interview just before 11am. The ConOff told me it would take 3-5 working days, but I'm not complaining that it took less than 2 working days.

Just have to wait for my wonderful hubby to come over and collect me (and all my luggage) on 5th September.

So we did manage to complete the process in 9 months, despite all the waiting at Vermont.

Lyn
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Re: CR1 Visa received

Hi Lyn

That's got to be the best news ever I know London are fast but thats incredibly fast !!!! Congrats

Bless you both my friend

Michelle
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:22 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Thanks Michelle

Here's hoping you get the case complete message at the NVC by the end of this week. You might still get an early Sept interview that way. Hopefully you'll get to Florida a few weeks after me, then we can have that party on the beach to celebrate.

Here's to finally living Stateside

Lyn
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Lyn!

I just called NVC and the automated message told me the application is complete! So heres to hoping for an early - mid September interview for hubby!

Best wishes to you Michelle. (our timeframe, which might give you an idea: Affidavit of Support and Visa Docs received by the NVC on Tuesday, July 29th and apparently the App was complete on August 7th!)
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by californian
Congrats Lyn!

I just called NVC and the automated message told me the application is complete! So heres to hoping for an early - mid September interview for hubby!

Best wishes to you Michelle. (our timeframe, which might give you an idea: Affidavit of Support and Visa Docs received by the NVC on Tuesday, July 29th and apparently the App was complete on August 7th!)
Congrats on case complete for you My hubby was asked to provide more info on the AOS so he sent them and NVC receieved them on Monday 4th August at 8.30am and my DS-230 were recieved 24th July so i guess with Jeff not sending in the correct amount of Info the first time this has had a delay in our case being completed. I hope we get case complete next week which will hopefully give me an early September interview...fingers crossed

For sure you will get an early September Interview if you call them again in a few days you will probably get a date

How do u use the automated message service for NVC ? I have only talked to an operator in the past.

Michelle
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:04 am
The Wee Wifey

The automated service is really easy to use. Just listen to the instructions, and type in the appropriate numbers. It will then give you an automated message on the latest status of your case.

Once it says Case Completed, please allow 8 weeks to receive further info, wait a couple of days then call to speak to an operator to get your interview date.

Hope you get your date soon.

Lyn
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LynannC
The automated service is really easy to use. Just listen to the instructions, and type in the appropriate numbers. It will then give you an automated message on the latest status of your case.

Once it says Case Completed, please allow 8 weeks to receive further info, wait a couple of days then call to speak to an operator to get your interview date.

Hope you get your date soon.

Lyn
Thanks Lyn i was trying to type in the letter's LND thats why i got it wrong now i will try it when i go home
This set back with the AOS is frustrating lets hope they are happy with what Jeff sent this time

Michelle
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:01 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not sure how accurate this is but when I called after I heard the *case complete* message, the NVC guy told me they book appointments in London during the second week of the month for the following month. He said to call back around the 18th to get the Interview Date.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:37 am
The Wee Wifey

Originally Posted by californian
I'm not sure how accurate this is but when I called after I heard the *case complete* message, the NVC guy told me they book appointments in London during the second week of the month for the following month. He said to call back around the 18th to get the Interview Date.
I called on the 10th and got my interview date for the 1st. I would call back again Monday and see if you have a date yet. Also go ahead and get your medical booked ASAP, as they can be pretty busy and you need to allow a week between the medical and interview for the results to get there.

Now your case is completed at the NVC your journey is nearly over, Congratulations.

Lyn
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

I called on the 10th and got my interview date for the 1st. I would call back again Monday and see if you have a date yet.
Thanks for the advice --- I will most certainly do that!

Also go ahead and get your medical booked ASAP, as they can be pretty busy and you need to allow a week between the medical and interview for the results to get there.
Fortunately, that has already been taken care of. Hubby originally went for the K-3 b/c we didn't know how long the CR-1 would take. The embassy has told me us they can use the same results as it was only a couple of months back.

Now your case is completed at the NVC your journey is nearly over, Congratulations.
Thanks! And thanks for your helpful tips along the way. Paying online has surely spend things up --- and if I had solely gone on the wrong advice of the NVC telephone operator (who told me that the site had been disabled) and had not heard from you, I would have paid the sloooow way!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:28 am
The Wee Wifey

Hi Californian

Glad to help. We managed to get in and out of the NVC in only 5 weeks and 5 days, so paying online certainly helps, especially when it takes 3-4 weeks to get anything from them in the post.

Once you have a date, wait a week and then call again and ask them to email the interview letter, that way you'll know you definitely have a copy. My copy, that was sent to the UK, only arrived on the Wednesday and I was leaving Thursday morning to travel down to London, so another day and I would have missed it. You need that letter to get in to the interview.

Hope you get your date tomorrow.

Lyn