CR1 Two year anniversary...adjustment of status. QUESTIONS

Wikiposts

CR1 Two year anniversary...adjustment of status. QUESTIONS

Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:01 am
Banned

Nixtar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR1 Two year anniversary...adjustment of status. QUESTIONS

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me out with the following questions? I have a CR-1 adjustment coming up. In December I will be filing my form and send the $200+ application fee. I plan to include all the usual evidence such as joint apartment lease, joint bank accounts, joint cell phone plan, joint medical insurance, and then fluff like photos, cards, souvenirs, etc.

This will be 90s days before my 2 year anniversary of arrival in March. Does anyone know the odds of being called for an interview if everything is completed fully and correctly? Also, when can I expect to be called for the interview? During the 90 day waiting period? After it? After my anniversary?

How intense is the interview? Or is it more of a formality? I remember the I-130 interview back in London and my wife and I were terrified trying to remember the number of guests at our wedding, what we did for our last date, etc. Is it the same kind of pressure?

Thanks for any help guys.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CR1 Two year anniversary...adjustment of status. QUESTIONS

Originally Posted by Nixtar
Hi everyone,

Can someone help me out with the following questions? I have a CR-1 adjustment coming up. In December I will be filing my form and send the $200+ application fee. I plan to include all the usual evidence such as joint apartment lease, joint bank accounts, joint cell phone plan, joint medical insurance, and then fluff like photos, cards, souvenirs, etc.

This will be 90s days before my 2 year anniversary of arrival in March. Does anyone know the odds of being called for an interview if everything is completed fully and correctly? Also, when can I expect to be called for the interview? During the 90 day waiting period? After it? After my anniversary?

How intense is the interview? Or is it more of a formality? I remember the I-130 interview back in London and my wife and I were terrified trying to remember the number of guests at our wedding, what we did for our last date, etc. Is it the same kind of pressure?

Thanks for any help guys.
Hi:

Your posting is extremely confusing. You mention an I-130 interview in London, yet you managed to enter the US in an undescribed fashion and NOW you are filing for adjustment?

Please clarify. Your posting makes no sense as written.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Your posting is extremely confusing. You mention an I-130 interview in London, yet you managed to enter the US in an undescribed fashion and NOW you are filing for adjustment?

Please clarify. Your posting makes no sense as written.
I think he's talking about removing conditions, but using wrong jargon.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think he's talking about removing conditions, but using wrong jargon.

Rene
Sorry, I mean we completed the petition and application in London, was awarded a conditional permanent residency, and moved to the US. I am a conditional resident. Now its time for the 2 year AOS.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Now its time for the 2 year AOS.
No, it's not. You've already adjusted your status. What you're doing is filing to remove the conditions on your status. You really must get the terms correct if you're going to get any sort of useful advice.

Ian
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I mean we completed the petition and application in London, was awarded a conditional permanent residency, and moved to the US. I am a conditional resident. Now its time for the 2 year AOS.
It's not AOS. It's called "Removing Conditions".

Anyway...I don't know the chances of being called for an interview, sometimes they do a random call for interview, sometimes they have further questions about your case and will call you for an interview, sometimes you're approved with no interview. If you are called for an interview, just answer everything honestly. I don't think it's as nerve-wracking as a visa interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's not AOS. It's called "Removing Conditions".

Anyway...I don't know the chances of being called for an interview, sometimes they do a random call for interview, sometimes they have further questions about your case and will call you for an interview, sometimes you're approved with no interview. If you are called for an interview, just answer everything honestly. I don't think it's as nerve-wracking as a visa interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Removing conditions. LOL sorry guys...it's all new to me and I obviously need to read up. Thanks for the advice though. Anyone who's come over as a CR-1, please let me know what you experienced.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, it's not. You've already adjusted your status. What you're doing is filing to remove the conditions on your status. You really must get the terms correct if you're going to get any sort of useful advice.

Ian
Hi:

Pedantic but true -- he did NOT "adjust status" -- he was "admitted" with an Immigrant Visa.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:29 am

Removing conditions. LOL sorry guys...it's all new to me and I obviously need to read up. Thanks for the advice though. Anyone who's come over as a CR-1, please let me know what you experienced.
I see you are a member of BE. If you look along the top yellow border of this page, you'll see a Search function. You can go there and type in "Removal of Conditions", choose this forum, and you'll get a huge list of people's posts that deal with removing conditions. It doesn't matter how one entered the USA (K-1, CR-1, K-3) or AOS while already here, the removal of conditions process is the same for everyone.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Hi:

Send in your documentation and then see what happens. Either you are interviewed or your are not. If interviewed, it is either a piece of cake or it could be the interview from hell. I've had clients referred to interview and the interviewing officer is wondering "why the hell they sent this to me, my apologies, good luck."

Bottom line -- no one knows.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

To clarify or confuse you further, you didn't get the CR-1 status because you interviewed at the US Consulate abroad but because your marriage was less than two years in length. Therefore, the same thing happens to those of us who were in the US and did our adjustment of status here. If our marriage was less than 2 years old, we were conditional residents and had to apply for removal of conditions via form I-751 90 days before the 2 anniversary of our green card or you can look at it as 90 days before the 2 green card expires.

Also the status will not change even though your card is expired you are still a CR-1 until the petition has been adjudicated. You will receive a notice of action in the mail extending your green card for one year.

As for an interview, if any, don't know why you were terrified the first time around. The interviews are for the most part no-brainers and quite straight forward and simple as would be the conditional removal interview if you are chosen for one.

Remember it might take up to a year for your petition to be adjudicated.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That was pressure???
Most people report it as an anticlimax....

Interviews for I-751 are rare. There is a current experience posted that you can look up (last couple of weeks) but estimates are as high as 90% of cases are interview-free. Ours was.

Make a good submission, and try to not worry. Find that thread; the comments should be encouraging.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
That was pressure???
Most people report it as an anticlimax....

Interviews for I-751 are rare. There is a current experience posted that you can look up (last couple of weeks) but estimates are as high as 90% of cases are interview-free. Ours was.

Make a good submission, and try to not worry. Find that thread; the comments should be encouraging.
I meant the pressure building up to it. The interview itself wasn't so bad, but we were terrified the night before that we were going to mess up on some detail and be refused. Hell, it seemed pretty scary at the time!!