Wikiposts

CR1 required documents

Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:15 am
Just Joined

who ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the rough
Default CR1 required documents

Our I130 has been approved and we are waiting for the case number

Ive been reading this http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...es_2991.html#6 and Ive a query about when to send the required documents.

The document list is here
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3195.html

The next stages once we get the case number is my wife the USC files the Affidavit of Support.

Then I fill in the Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration DS 230 parts I and II which I have already filled in and gave to my wife while she was on holiday here a few weeks ago, just waiting for the stage to send it to them.

From the list of required documents that I do have to send a police certificate ,birth and marriage cert and 2 US passport photos do I send them to the NVC in the US at any stage and if I do when do I send them or do I take them to the interview and they are checked there.

Im able to send the NVC a police cert because Ive ordered 2 but I dont want to be sending them stuff when its not required if it can be looked at the interview. Id rather not though because from what I can see they are slow enough without sending them the same stuff twice too look over twice.

Thats basically the question when do they see the required documents. From what I can see on the forums the police cert and photos are taken to the interview but i saw a old thread that said the NVC got it first then returned it for me to take to the interview.

Last edited by who ate my jaffacakes; Mar 14th 2013 at 8:19 am. Reason: didnt look right
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 required documents

Originally Posted by who ate my jaffacakes
From the list of required documents that I do have to send a police certificate ,birth and marriage cert and 2 US passport photos do I send them to the NVC in the US at any stage and if I do when do I send them or do I take them to the interview and they are checked there.
If the I-130 was filed in the USA, then NVC will request those documents. You will send them in to NVC whenever NVC requests them (around the same time they request the I-864 and the IV fee).

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

You send them to the NVC together with the DS-230.

Thats basically the question when do they see the required documents. From what I can see on the forums the police cert and photos are taken to the interview but i saw a old thread that said the NVC got it first then returned it for me to take to the interview.
You are confusing cases where the I-130 was filed DCF in London with those where it was filed with USCIS in the US. In that latter case you send everything to the NVC and they forward your case file to the Consulate before the interview.

Last edited by Apfelkuchen; Mar 14th 2013 at 8:36 am.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You will send them in to NVC whenever NVC requests them (around the same time they request the I-864 and the IV fee).
By way of further detail: the IV fee is invoiced after the Choice of Address or Agent has been made. When the IV fee is paid the payment system generates a barcoded coversheet to send in with the the DS-230 and supporting documents.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:35 am
Just Joined

who ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the roughwho ate my jaffacakes is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the quick replies.
Its a lot clearer now.