CR1 Interview Experience in London

CR1 Interview Experience in London

Old Sep 18th 2012, 9:17 am
tut
Just Joined

tut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR1 Interview Experience in London

Hi there!

i just had my interview and my visa was approved! I thought I would give a brief account of it in case it's of help to anyone.

First here's my timeline:

16 April 2012 I-130 sent
23 April 2012 420$ Fee drawn (Date they took as the filing date)
27 April 2012 Notice of Petition for Alien Relative
13 July 2012 1-130 Approval Notice received
23 July 2012 Case number received in the post
23 July 2012 Sent DS230, readiness documents and cover letter
25 July 2012 Date when they received the DS forms
03 August 2012 Medical Exam
21 August 2012 Received letter with interview date (dated 16 August)
18 September 2012 Interview Date - APPROVED!

My appointment was for 8 o'clock so I showed up at the embassy at 7 and started queueing. Around 7:30 they started to let us in, I was the fourth person queueing and the first to apply for an immigrant visa rather than a nonimmigrant one. When I walked in they gave me a ticket according to my visa category. I waited until about 8:15 to be called. The first person collected my birth certificate (not my husband's) my police certificates, our marriage certificate and the affidavit of support. I was directed to another booth to pay the fee of $230 and then I went back to her, she put the documents together and i was told to sit back in the main room and wait to be called again. In about five minutes they called and the person interviewing me asked things like where my husband and I met, how he proposed, why we got married in the UK etc. This took about ten minutes at most. He told me I was approved. That's it!

As far as I understand it's not that crucial when your appointment is and if you show up early, it might take less time. Although I do realise that mine might have been smoother than others' because we don't have kids and there were no complications with the application. In any case, I was done by 8:45. I paid for the courier and left.

This forum and site have been immensely helpful throughout this process. Thanks to everyone who share their experiences and give advice!
Best of luck to anyone going through similar experiences!

Last edited by tut; Sep 18th 2012 at 9:27 am.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 9:26 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Interview Experience in London

Thanks for sharing. Love another success story

Last edited by RICH; Sep 18th 2012 at 9:28 am. Reason: didn't need to quote the whole thing.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

holly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really niceholly2234 is just really nice

Congrats!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Congrats!!! Always nice to hear a straight forward example of the interveiw going smoothly!!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

mancave3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am due my Interview soon. Just waiting on the letter.
Did you use a laywer with your process?
We have been told to wait until we get the interview letter before getting the medical. What did the medical cost please?
Paul
Old Sep 18th 2012, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

hydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nice

Originally Posted by mancave3000
I am due my Interview soon. Just waiting on the letter.
Did you use a laywer with your process?
We have been told to wait until we get the interview letter before getting the medical. What did the medical cost please?
Paul
If using DCF in London they wont give you an interview date until after the medical...

The medical costs upwards of £260+ last time i checked depends on your vaccination history...
Old Sep 18th 2012, 4:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hydrasoul
The medical costs upwards of £260+ last time i checked depends on your vaccination history...
£226 for a standard medical.