Reload this Page >

cr1 immigrant visa /blue sheet at interview

Wikiposts

cr1 immigrant visa /blue sheet at interview

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

minxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cr1 immigrant visa /blue sheet at interview

My UKC husband had his interview at the us embassy in London this past Friday. He was given a blue sheet "denial". He needs to return a German police certificate for the time he spent there during his army career. He is seeing a German Honorary Consul outside of Manchester to get his signature verified for the application for the police certificate which is sent to the embassy in Germany and then must then be translated into English before being submitted along with his passport and it also says he needs to print the courier authorisation certificate. It also says he can use royal mail special delivery at our cost. My question is what exactly is the courier authorisation certificate? Is it just the form that shows the courier and his information as he paid to have it delivered to his home address or is it something we have not yet received as it is the weekend still? I am so confused and my solicitor seems to be a complete twit and practically no help at all. You all were so much help to us before I would appreciate any insight on this and any information on the dreaded blue sheet. Perhaps a timeline... anything at all would be helpful thx so much
Minxy
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 10:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cr1 immigrant visa /blue sheet at interview

Originally Posted by minxy
My UKC husband had his interview at the us embassy in London this past Friday. He was given a blue sheet "denial". He needs to return a German police certificate for the time he spent there during his army career. He is seeing a German Honorary Consul outside of Manchester to get his signature verified for the application for the police certificate which is sent to the embassy in Germany and then must then be translated into English before being submitted along with his passport and it also says he needs to print the courier authorisation certificate. It also says he can use royal mail special delivery at our cost. My question is what exactly is the courier authorisation certificate? Is it just the form that shows the courier and his information as he paid to have it delivered to his home address or is it something we have not yet received as it is the weekend still? I am so confused and my solicitor seems to be a complete twit and practically no help at all. You all were so much help to us before I would appreciate any insight on this and any information on the dreaded blue sheet. Perhaps a timeline... anything at all would be helpful thx so much
Minxy
I can't answer about the courier authorization certificate, but as for the "dreaded blue sheet", it's nothing to worry about. It's not a hard denial. It's just a "soft" denial until he returns the police certificate to the embassy. Once they have that information, they can then approve the visa.

As for a timeline...no idea how long it will take to get the police certificate in hand, but from the time the embassy gets it until the time he gets the visa could be maybe 4 to 6 weeks, I'd say.

One thing I'm curious about is why he didn't obtain the German police certificate prior to his interview?

Rene
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

minxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cr1 immigrant visa /blue sheet at interview

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I can't answer about the courier authorization certificate, but as for the "dreaded blue sheet", it's nothing to worry about. It's not a hard denial. It's just a "soft" denial until he returns the police certificate to the embassy. Once they have that information, they can then approve the visa.

As for a timeline...no idea how long it will take to get the police certificate in hand, but from the time the embassy gets it until the time he gets the visa could be maybe 4 to 6 weeks, I'd say.

One thing I'm curious about is why he didn't obtain the German police certificate prior to his interview?

Rene
Our solicitor never asked for it his military records say he had an exemplary career and he was only stationed there so it never crossed our minds as actual "living" there