Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1 entered the states on 18 Sep 09

Wikiposts

CR1 entered the states on 18 Sep 09

Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 entered the states on 18 Sep 09

Originally Posted by M S
Hi I entered the states on a CR1 visa, last week. I have got a social security number, and opened a bank account. I tried to apply for a drivers license today, they could not issue one as the alien number is not on the visa, which actually means I cannot work from day 1 of entering on a CR1 visa. How do I get an alien number????????????????????????????????????

What has this got to do with working?

Of course you have an alien identification #. It is on your visa and if not on the visa, it is because the agent forgot to write it on the I-94/I-551 stamp.

You don't need a driver's license to work.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it is possible that your passport was not stamped as it should have been.
The endorsed visa is the document equivilant of the I-551 (card).

You could try another DMV office, that works for a lot of people. Or a different person (supervisor if needed) at the same office you went to.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M S
Macomb south east, they looked at my visa, typed something into the computer and said I need an A number. They said that it should have been written in there at port of entry

We don't have a state in the US named Macomb South East. What State do you live in.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:35 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M S
On all of my documents I just have the case number that begins with LND2009 and the rest of the case number
go back to your visa in your passport.

Below the London case number on the visa is a registration number. That is your "A" number. If it is eight digits the "A" number has an additional 0 at the beginning.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
What has this got to do with working?

Of course you have an alien identification #. It is on your visa and if not on the visa, it is because the agent forgot to write it on the I-94/I-551 stamp.

You don't need a driver's license to work.
I think the issue is that he works as a driver, so a license is keeping him from working at that job.

(no I-94 for the IV entrants.. the visa sticker should have been endorsed with a stamp).

Another option, if you're into thinking creatively, is to go to a CBP deferred inspection office. I imagine there is one in Detroit.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by lansbury
go back to your visa in your passport.

Below the London case number on the visa is a registration number. That is your "A" number. If it is eight digits the "A" number has an additional 0 at the beginning.
Clever fellow!

edit: I didn't put the yellow arrow there, but it is pointing at the magic lingo M_S needs.

Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by meauxna
I suppose it is possible that your passport was not stamped as it should have been.
The endorsed visa is the document equivilant of the I-551 (card).

You could try another DMV office, that works for a lot of people. Or a different person (supervisor if needed) at the same office you went to.

Or make an Infopass appointment and go there and have them write the A# in the passport. Go to www.uscis.gov and look around for the link for Infopass appointment and click that and follow through.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:39 am
M S
Forum Regular

M S is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it says registration number, and it is 8 digits long. It begins with a 6
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:39 am
Concierge

I think the issue is that he works as a driver, so a license is keeping him from working at that job.

(no I-94 for the IV entrants.. the visa sticker should have been endorsed with a stamp).

Another option, if you're into thinking creatively, is to go to a CBP deferred inspection office. I imagine there is one in Detroit.
I saw that after I replied. We have another MANC.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:43 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M S
Yes it says registration number, and it is 8 digits long. It begins with a 6

Mine starts 55 *** ***

my "A" number is 055 *** ***
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by M S
On all of my documents I just have the case number that begins with LND2009 and the rest of the case number
If memory serves me correct -- below the LND number on the MRIV, there is an item called "registration number"
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
If memory serves me correct -- below the LND number on the MRIV, there is an item called "registration number"
Oh, can't you see images on this site?

I'm quitting the internet; it's too hard!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:48 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to drive a truck you'll need to get a CDL which is a Commercial Drivers licence. You can't drive a truck on a regular drivers licence .
Old Sep 25th 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

One place where the A number always is (for IR-1 and CR-1 visas, anyway) is on the printed sheet which is stuck to the outside of the MBE (mysterious brown envelope). If you photocopied that, you're good to go.

As Lansbury pointed out, you have it on your visa in your passport anyway.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:09 pm

Oh, can't you see images on this site?

I'm quitting the internet; it's too hard!
Now now I believe you once asked us to cut the lawyers some understanding

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.