Wikiposts

CR1 & CR2 Approved :)

Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default CR1 & CR2 Approved :)

Hi Folks!!!!
Just wanted to give you an update ...
As some will know my Interview was held at London sembassy yesterday( 12th Sept) morning....Arrived at the Embassy at 7.50am not too bad a Q got in at 8 am...went through security and into the waiting room with my number in hand. I watched the board as i was 5002 ( 3rd immigrant visa applicant) it was not long when my number was called to counter 1 where a very nice chinese lady went through my files ( she did comment on what a mess they received them in from NVC, out of order as she put it) I did have douplicates of my certs and a copy of my DS-230's just incase they lost anything but all was fine and she chatted to me for a while. She put me at ease and was very friendly, talking about her family and told me she has worked for the embassy for 14 years. She took my finger prints ( my son didn't get his done as she said he was under 14 so no need) I then sat down and waited for my number to be called for the interview.
I think i sat there about 40 mins when i was called to counter 15.

It was an Irish CO who interviewed me...she was pretty solom. She asked where my husband and i met, how we met, nothing different to what others get asked.
I have not seen my hubby for over a year as he doesn't have a passport so we have been apart a long time. She asked me if he had ever been to UK and i said no....she said why ever not?....I said he doesn have a passport ...her reaction was Oh thats strange, they are easy to get these days !......Now i was nervus but then she asked if i had been over to see him while waiting .....I said no and i explained that i had e-mailed the embassy asking if i would be able to and they told me no because i dont have strong ties to UK so it was pointless me even trying, the CO said really. She then went on to ask what happened in my previous marriage ( i was married to american before and at the time i went over on K1, this was five years ago)

I told her the truth and that my now x sent me back to UK, he found another woman who was american as he put it "his kind" and so he didn't want to AOS and so he filed divorce so i had no choice but to come back to UK. She was okay with that.
She asked my son have you met your stepdad and my son replied yes and then she said do u like him? my son said yes.
It was all so quick....she checked my phone records and asked me my husbands phone Numbers ...cell and home so she could check the bill, i guess to see we had consistant communication. She asked when was the last time i talked with him...i said last night.
She did flick through some our e-mails also( she didint study them )

The interview was over in about 5 mins ...she then told me that the visas will be issued as long as they had my medical results back. I had my medical over a week ago of which i mentioned to her. She said that they were possibly on a desk and would be sent out to me along with Visas. She told me to go pay for the courier and that was it . I hope i get the visas before friday the courier said i would i did pay for extra for the delivery time, I chose before 10 am which is anytime between 6 am and 10 am
So the long wait is over now jeff and i are hoping to book flights today so my son and i can fly to Miami on Friday 19th September

It made my day when Jamie Oliver was standing in Q waiting to get into the embassy ( i guess for travel visa) I remember saying to my son...look thats Jamie Oliver...he looked at my son and said in his London accent...
"Alright mate " and smiled at us both, he wasn't given any special treatment just cause he is famous he sat in waiting room like the rest of us and got called up to the counter ...No fills for him! it did make my day

Anyways, Good Luck to everyone
Michelle

PS...it really is an anti-climax as i did expect to be grilled a bit more but im glad i wasn't
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:26 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 & CR2 Approved :)

Congratulations!

Glad it wasnt too traumatic for you
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, congratulations!!! I'm so glad this route worked out so well for you.

Rene
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Michelle!!! Another long, strange journey completes.

Here's a little something for the next step: Arriving In America: Navigating the POE

Hope Jeff gets his passport sorted so you can all visit back 'home' some time!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Thanks to you all for giving advice and listening to my happenings...It has been a long wait actually by the time i arrive in Florida it will have taken 11 months from starting the process to arriving in US.

I am so glad i chose the I-130 route ( CR1) because it is well worth the extra wait. For some that don't know me...maybe it took longer because i was previously married to an American before and ofcourse have had denied entry( not for any bad reasons, just lack of ties to UK at the time) so more for them to scrutinize but the good news is...I got there !

We got our flights booked for the 19th September...wooohoo! We have decided to book a return flight only because it's saving us $1500 which makes sense to save as much as we can. The chances are we won't use the return but if Jeff gets his passport sorted out we might come back to my Homeland for a short visit

Again thanks to all thats helped and listened to me through this process

Good Luck to All

Michelle
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
We have decided to book a return flight only because it's saving us $1500 which makes sense to save as much as we can. The chances are we won't use the return but if Jeff gets his passport sorted out we might come back to my Homeland for a short visit
Hi:

This came up in another string recently. It seems that Delta's "Terms of Carriage" prohibits use of "throwaway coupons" -- if you don't use the return leg, they can bill you the difference between the one way and the two-way fare.

I have never heard of them actually enforcing this part of the contract, but one never knows.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice

HI CONGRATULATIONS
We are so pleased for all of you. How excited you must be. It really wont be long now. Now you can get on with the rest of your lives together.
Now you can relax and enjoy the moment.
Good luck.

Chris