CR1 Approved - Questions about Immigrant Data Summary

Wikiposts

CR1 Approved - Questions about Immigrant Data Summary

Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Mexicanfoodrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR1 Approved - Immigrant Data Summary Sheet

Hi

Have never posted here but have been an avid reader ever since starting an application for spouse visa. We have just got back my visa today but just have one question if anyone out there could possibly answer this:

The Brown Envelope with all the documents in to be handed over to first port of entry at customs in America has an Immigration Data Sheet attached.

Slightly Worried as there is a box with Barcode written in it at the bottom left of this page, but it has no Barcode. Has someone forgotten to put a barcode sticker in this box or something or is this sorted out at customs in America? Also Im probably being paranoid but the box for an Admissions stamp bottom right on the page is also blank. I take it this is stamped at customs too?

One last question, where it says city and country of last residence 2 letters in the city name are the wrong way round, obviously a typo, but is this a problem? we have tickets to travel out to America the 27th May.

Thanks so much for your time I would appreciate anyone that can answer these questions just so i can finally put my mind at rest!

Last edited by Mexicanfoodrules; Apr 24th 2009 at 3:15 am.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Approved - Immigrant Data Summary Sheet

Mfr,

You'll never get to customs if you don't first give "The Brown Envelope" to the immigration officials.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Mexicanfoodrules
The Brown Envelope with all the documents in to be handed over to first port of entry at customs in America has an Immigration Data Sheet attached.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:41 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Has someone forgotten to put a barcode sticker in this box or something...
No.

Also Im probably being paranoid but the box for an Admissions stamp bottom right on the page is also blank.
It's an admissions stamp... you haven't been admitted yet.

... but is this a problem?
No.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Default Re: CR1 Approved - Questions about Immigrant Data Summary

thanks for your replies guys. Did your form look the same then Ian when you had your Brown envelope?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Did your form look the same then Ian when you had your Brown envelope?
I believe it looked the same, yes, although that was over 11 years ago. The important thing is that you have the brown envelope and that you do not open it.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ian Would anyone possibly have a more recent experience than Ians at all?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:08 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for your time I would appreciate anyone that can answer these questions just so i can finally put my mind at rest!
If you received your brown envelope after application to a legitimate government authority, you really have nothing to worry about. If you bought it from a guy in a bar, you have everything to worry about. The important thing to worry about is when you get your green card: if the colors on your photo are faded, this is a very bad sign.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatbrit
... if the colors on your photo are faded, this is a very bad sign.
Oh geez... I don't think I've thought of that thread for a year or more.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:44 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

fb,

Watch it, I think the Bush-era legal memos on torture have been repudiated.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by fatbrit
...The important thing to worry about is when you get your green card: if the colors on your photo are faded, this is a very bad sign.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

anyone else out there who may have a more recent experience with the immigration data sheet/ brown envelope?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

anyone else out there who may have a more recent experience with the immigration data sheet/ brown envelope?
Yes.

This article might be useful to you:
Arriving In America: Navigating the POE

What you're describing sounds like they just neer changed the envelope design when they changed the visa design. The visa used to be a full sheet of paper attached to the outside of the envelope.
The most important document you need to be concerned with is the visa sticker in your passport.

Happy travels, let us know you got here safely!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply meauxna thats really helpful