Reload this Page >

CR, divorce and remarry same spouse Question

CR, divorce and remarry same spouse Question

Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR, divorce and remarry same spouse Question

Hi:

This is fact situation posed on an immigration LAWYER chat board. I've edited somewhat --

--------------

CR issued July 2006 for marriage based case. The couple has a child from the relationship, but separated in February 2007, divorce final October 2007. Now, in December 2007 they get married, again. There is an 8 month separation, but a child and other documentary proof of the bona fides until February 2007.

--------------

It was agreed among the lawyers what should be done, but there was also a feeling that CIS would be mightily confused.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR, divorce and remarry same spouse Question

So much editing that it's not clear.. is there a question in there?
Are they filing I-751 based on the original CR date?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR, divorce and remarry same spouse Question

Here's my guess...
- File I-751 now with waiver of joint filing requirement (since divorce from marriage #1 is final s/he should not have to wait until ~Apr 2008)
- File with all the bona fides up until Feb 2007...
- Along with a statement from the spouse that they are now married again, and that both marriages were entered into in good faith, so much so that they are giving it another shot in this second time around. Include the second marriage certificate.