Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Old Nov 3rd 2016, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Hi, expats!

I hope this is the appropriate place in which to create this thread - I thought it might be a useful way to keep track of our progress, seek/share information where necessary, and potentially offer support and hope to others going through the same thing. It has certainly been useful to me to see other people's journeys detailed here! I have stalked these forums for months - thank you all for consistently providing such thorough information. I hope I can do the same!

I am a UK Citizen and my husband is American, living in PA. We have just started the CR-1 Visa process, with the view to seeing me join him in America, hopefully next Christmas(ish) if the current suggested processing times are accurate. Here is our (very brief!) timeline so far:

Sept 9th: married (in the States, using VWP)
Oct 24th: sent I-130 package to Chicago lockbox
Oct 31st: e-receipt received, cheque cashed

We are now awaiting the paper copy of our receipt notice, and then begins the first of many long waits! I shall keep this thread updated with news of our progression through the system, as and when changes happen.

I look forward to getting to know you all across the forum! Thank you for the community and support.

Kate.

Last edited by KK85; Nov 3rd 2016 at 1:41 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Originally Posted by KK85
I hope this is the appropriate place in which to create this thread...
It is, yes!

We have just started the CR-1 Visa process, with the view to seeing me join him in America, hopefully next Christmas(ish) if the current suggested processing times are accurate.
Assuming no issues, it's more likely to be sometime over the summer I should think... unless you are purposefully delaying a move until Christmas.

... then begins the first of many long waits!
Yup - that's for sure! Try to focus on the goal, not the journey! Good luck.

Ian
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 5:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and to the marriage-based visa forums. As you see, I am part of the welcoming committee and since you didn't stop into our lovely appointed Welcome Inn for tea and scones, I wanted to let you know you have found a great place for your questions, some of which you already have and believe me, many of which you don't even know you are going to have.

Ian is spot on and June/August was my first inclination to tell you that you can expect approval. You have filed before the holiday rush which is always a good thing.

Again, welcome to BE.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both so much for the warm welcome! Gutted to have missed out on tea and scones - I shall go and see if there's any left.

I was basing the 'Christmas(ish)' estimation on what I'd last heard was the approximate processing time ("13 months", said some chap on the USCIS 1-800 number, which I appreciate can be unreliable), but if it happens any sooner, we'll be laughing! I graduate from university next July (at the ripe old age of 32) so was going to be in a relatively nomadic state between that and the relocation. We'll be thrilled to pieces if my move can happen sooner than we're anticipating! My husband's birthday is in July - let's hope I can be his bedraggled, jet-lagged present.

I'm certain there will be plenty of questions along the way! I have a cat to relocate (I am as clued/quoted up as I can possibly be on that at this stage, but ask me again when the time comes) and several boxes of possessions... I shall be making myself a regular in the other forums, too, I have no doubt.

Excited to share the journey with you! Next stop: ACRO.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your application!
Old Nov 4th 2016, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pugilation
Good luck with your application!
Thank you!
Old Nov 9th 2016, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm distracting myself from the election buzz by remaining proactive on my visa journey.

Tiny timeline update!

Nov 4th: I-797C (NOA1) received from USCIS
Nov 9th: applied for ACRO

Last edited by KK85; Nov 9th 2016 at 12:13 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 3:13 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

My I-130 petition is doing some travelling:

Posted to Phoenix Lockbox in July, and then it was transferred to Nebraska.

Last week, it was sent to the Potomac Service Center, Arlington VA.

Hopefully, it will be processed (and approved) soon.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:07 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KK85
I'm distracting myself from the election buzz by remaining proactive on my visa journey.

Tiny timeline update!

Good luck on your journey!

Here's my timeline to give you an idea of how long it might take you.

Married 2014 on VWP

2016:

February 5 - sent I-130 to Phoenix lock box
February 8 - NOA1 and sent to Nebraska
July 21 - NOA2 (no RFEs)
July 25 - sent to NVC
July 28 - NVC received
August 11 - case number assigned and DS-261 completed
August 15 - AOS fee unlocked and paid
August 16 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone
August 17 - IV fee unlocked and paid
August 19 - DS-260 completed
August 29 - AOS and IV packages sent
September 1 - scan date
October 20 - case complete (no check lists)
November 17 - medical
December 6 - interview
December 19 - POE (intended date - all being well with the medical and interview)
Old Nov 15th 2016, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck, ivanidea! My husband checked the current processing times on the USCIS website just this morning, and they're suggesting an estimate of five months between the NOA1 and NOA2. I know these figures aren't always to be trusted, but I'll bet you'll be seeing yours very soon!

And thank you so much for the good wishes and for sharing your timeline, Twinkle0927. How exciting for you - almost done! Wishing you lots of luck for your medical, interview and imminent move!
Old Nov 17th 2016, 9:06 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Medical done today.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's fantastic, Twinkle - congratulations! Sending so much luck for your interview in a few days.

Just here to add another tiny detail to our timeline. (Sorry to be clogging up the forum with something so minuscule - hopefully it will be reassuring/of interest to others some day.)

Nov 23rd: ACRO received
Old Dec 8th 2016, 4:42 pm
Banned

Approved in London on Tuesday. Visa shows as 'issued' (as of today). Now waiting on the edge of my seat for notification from the courier. Hoping to fly on the 19th.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's fantastic, Twinkle! Congratulations! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the 19th.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Approved in London on Tuesday. Visa shows as 'issued' (as of today). Now waiting on the edge of my seat for notification from the courier. Hoping to fly on the 19th.
Congratulations.

Cutting it close for flying out. Hope your passport gets back to you in time to keep your flight reservations and have a happy holiday reunion in the US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.