CR-1:Re-Interview Islamabad

Wikiposts

CR-1:Re-Interview Islamabad

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

fahad will become famous soon enoughfahad will become famous soon enough
Post CR-1:Re-Interview Islamabad

Hi
my cr1 visa interview was on 7 march 2005. my wife was with me .the pakistani consular asked a few things and asked me to sign on ds 230 2, which i did but he didnt take my signature on the picture.
after that i was called upon by the american officer ,he asked a few things and saw pictures then said that ur case will go further at administrative processing and gave me a 221(g) slip.
the american officer took my passport gave me a token and said that u wont have to come again as we will send u ur passport once the processing completed.
But when my administrative processing cleared on 4 april, i got a letter in which it is written "we r now ready to continue the processing of ur immigrant visa. kindly come to the consulate on 4 may at 8:00 .at that time u will be required to Re-interview with the american consular officer.
i didnt understand why again although they had my passport also the officer said that they wont call me again for interview.they didnt ask for anything else.
Will they give me the visa this time?the lady at the embassy said that they can again put ur case on review?can it happen?i dont have any k1 or k3 bc my i-130 got approved first and i went with it.
ur input will be gr8ly appreciated.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1:Re-Interview Islamabad

Hi fahad,

It is up to the discretion of the ConOffs whether to hold more than one interview. Perhaps the first ConOff told you what will happen, based on his knowledge at the time. When they did the admin. processing, perhaps it raised a question for them and they need to talk to you about it. Whatever it is, you have no choice now but to go back in and see what else they need from you.

I'd say you were lucky your admin. processing only took a month! There are a couple of folks on this board that have been waiting 6+ months. I hope they clear up your issue when you go in to see them, and don't put you on another admin. processing - but bear in mind that it's entirely possible.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:48 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fahad
"we r now ready to continue the processing of ur immigrant visa.
I think our K-1 letter also said that they were continuing the processing of the immigrant visa, but it really meant that they were giving him the visa that day. I dont recall anything about "re-interviewing" and they kept the letter, so I cant tell you exactly what it said, but it sounds like you are on the right track.

Congratulations and try not to stress too much about it. The administrative processing being complete is the biggest step. Soon you be on your way to the U.S.A!!

Good Luck!!
Marnee
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi fahad,

It is up to the discretion of the ConOffs whether to hold more than one interview. Perhaps the first ConOff told you what will happen, based on his knowledge at the time. When they did the admin. processing, perhaps it raised a question for them and they need to talk to you about it. Whatever it is, you have no choice now but to go back in and see what else they need from you.

Best Wishes,
Rene
hi
thanx Rene AND MARNEE for ur reply.

1.when my admin processing cleared i called the embassy and they said that the officer who is handling ur case is on leave . we will contact u in 3 weeks when he come back but the very next day i received that letter of reinterview.i never understand this .
2.i forgot to mention earlier that me and my wife r first cousins.i ve heard of the problem of cousins marriage but in pensylvania.My wife lives in NY and there it is legal.
3.thee should be some validity of admin process., i mean its not even a month and why would the officer make the fbi dept. busy within a month for the same purpose.i think that admin process. is security clearence like FBI name check and etc then if it is cleared what question can arise in there mind.

THANX IN ADVANCE
PLZ REPLY
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 2:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

hi
thanx Rene AND MARNEE for ur reply.

1.when my admin processing cleared i called the embassy and they said that the officer who is handling ur case is on leave . we will contact u in 3 weeks when he come back but the very next day i received that letter of reinterview.i never understand this .
2.i forgot to mention earlier that me and my wife r first cousins.i ve heard of the problem of cousins marriage but in pensylvania.My wife lives in NY and there it is legal.
3.thee should be some validity of admin process., i mean its not even a month and why would the officer make the fbi dept. busy within a month for the same purpose.i think that admin process. is security clearence like FBI name check and etc then if it is cleared what question can arise in there mind.

THANX IN ADVANCE
PLZ REPLY
Hi fahad,

I think the admin process, as you said, included security checks - but I also think it includes some internal review of your case. Perhaps because of the cousin issue, they did some research or review of some sort. I really wouldn't worry about it too much...just go back in and answer their questions. Actually, I think it's a good thing they called you back sooner than they had planned. They didn't wait for the officer on leave to return, they handed it to a new officer - which also might be why there's another interview. Perhaps the new officer who is reviewing your case has questions that the other officer didn't make notes of in your file.

I think you'll be fine. May 4th is not too far away now...try to relax in the meantime.

Rene
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
I think our K-1 letter also said that they were continuing the processing of the immigrant visa, but it really meant that they were giving him the visa that day. I dont recall anything about "re-interviewing" and they kept the letter, so I cant tell you exactly what it said, but it sounds like you are on the right track.

Congratulations and try not to stress too much about it. The administrative processing being complete is the biggest step. Soon you be on your way to the U.S.A!!

Good Luck!!
Marnee

hi Marnee,

thax for ur reply. Could u plz tell me what did the us officer asked ur hubby when he went to the embassy second time? Could u plz tell me in detail i'll be very thankful to u.
when was his second interview after the admin process?Did they give u any interview date or to come anytime?

plz reply

fahad
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:20 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

hi Marnee,

thax for ur reply. Could u plz tell me what did the us officer asked ur hubby when he went to the embassy second time? Could u plz tell me in detail i'll be very thankful to u.
when was his second interview after the admin process?Did they give u any interview date or to come anytime?

plz reply

fahad
Hi Fahad ~

They did not ask him any questions except some clarification on his name, but they made him wait there all day from early in the morning until about 5:30 pm with no food or drink. They did finally gave him his passport with the visa in it, and then nothing else mattered!

Where in the USA will you live once you get here?

Marnee
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Fahad ~

They did not ask him any questions except some clarification on his name, but they made him wait there all day from early in the morning until about 5:30 pm with no food or drink. They did finally gave him his passport with the visa in it, and then nothing else mattered!

Where in the USA will you live once you get here?

Marnee
hi

In NY.
Yes in the end nothing else mattered. Marnee, the embassy already took his passport during the first interview or he took the passport with him for the 2nd interview???
Old Apr 25th 2005, 2:30 am
Cool Member

hi

In NY.
Yes in the end nothing else mattered. Marnee, the embassy already took his passport during the first interview or he took the passport with him for the 2nd interview???
They gave him his back at the first interview, but I have heard other cases where they kept the passport. They need the passport to put the visa in. When he went back the second time, they took his passport at about 10:00 a.m. and didnt give it back to him until about 5:30 p.m.
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

They gave him his back at the first interview, but I have heard other cases where they kept the passport. They need the passport to put the visa in. When he went back the second time, they took his passport at about 10:00 a.m. and didnt give it back to him until about 5:30 p.m.
hi marnee

could u plz tell me that did they take $45 additional fees from ur hubby??i was asked to bring $45 in the first interview but they did not take it but now they havent asked for it in the letter.
all my visa fees and fee bill has been paid in NVC .

plz reply
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:54 am
Cool Member

hi marnee

could u plz tell me that did they take $45 additional fees from ur hubby??i was asked to bring $45 in the first interview but they did not take it but now they havent asked for it in the letter.

plz reply
We did a k-1, so we did not have to pay any fees to the NVC. Asghar did have to pay a fee at the consulate, I think, but I will have to ask him tonight what it was for and how much. I am pretty sure that they collected it at the first interview and the interview letter said how much to bring. I dont recall him having to pay anything when he picked up the visa. I will ask him later and let you know.

Marnee
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

hi marnee

plz reply
Fahad,

I have known someone who was asked to bring $45 as administartion fee even though fee was paid at NVC. but the people at Islamabad embassy wanted to see either a receipt from NVC (and that doesnt include the notice numbers you get from NVC...it is a just receipt you wud get by calling them and it takes then about 4 weeks to mail it to you) or the other option is just pay $45 again at the embassy... 2nd option seemed to be better for that person as wait was a bit long to get the receipt...

Good Luck!

Sanna
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

hi marnee

plz reply

Hey sea-breeze

You have to PM the person and not report his post which is what you did. Want to try again? BTW it is NEVER a good idea to take advice on immigration issues via private message. Never know if the advice is good, bad or even harmful. Use the open forum instead.

Rete