CR-1 Journey Begins

Old Aug 14th 2018, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb CR-1 Journey Begins

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, a huge THANK YOU to all the lovely folks on this forum that I've been silently pouring over for the past several months. This forum has been immensely helpful and more than the technical paperwork info (which is really handy), it has given me the moral support of knowing that I'm not alone on what seems to be a long and often scary journey. It's weird how even with all the right boxes checked and a clean background, it's still nerve-wracking to think you could be refused.

I wanted to make my own thread for the sake of keeping track of my journey and hopefully contribute back to this community that has already given me so much. I am a UKC living and working in London and my husband is a USC in Phoenix, AZ. We just sent off our I-130 petition and haven't yet received an email or letter receipt of acknowledgement but hoping to get this soon!

TIMELINE:
23rd June 2018: Married in Lahore, Pakistan (not sure if this will be a point of contention, we chose this location just because it was easiest for all our family members to get to from all over the world)
10th August 2018: Sent to Phoenix Lockbox: G-1145 + I-130 + I-130A + Check of $535 + Marriage Certificate copy + Naturalisation Certificate and US passport copy of USC + My UK passport copy + 2x photos of USC + Relationship Timeline and 3x Affidavits of support from USC's mother, sister, and friend (to show bona fide marriage since we had no joint financial documents)
Old Aug 14th 2018, 6:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Journey Begins

Hi and welcome too BE. I'm in Phoenix, too!

just one little correction... the affidavits were just "sworn statements". The real Affidavit of Support (I-864) will comer later.

Rene
Old Aug 14th 2018, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi and welcome too BE. I'm in Phoenix, too!

just one little correction... the affidavits were just "sworn statements". The real Affidavit of Support (I-864) will comer later.

Rene
Hi! Yes, thank you, these affidavits were only to say that they knew us and that our relationship was genuine. No financial info sent yet.

I loved Phoenix when I visited! Compared to London, everything is so spacious and the weather is great compared to the grey skies here. Seems fairly affordable too.

Last edited by Muna_93; Aug 14th 2018 at 6:34 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:20 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

This forum is full of very knowledgeable people when it comes to US immigration, along with several of us on here who have just finished our application and have just obtained our visa, so there are plenty of people here to help you through the next stages.

Good luck.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuBear65
Hi

This forum is full of very knowledgeable people when it comes to US immigration, along with several of us on here who have just finished our application and have just obtained our visa, so there are plenty of people here to help you through the next stages.

Good luck.
Thank you, StuBear65! Indeed, I've already had so much invaluable help from all the shared experiences.

A little update:

TIMELINE:
23rd June 2018: Married
10th August 2018: Sent I-130 Package to Phoenix Lockbox
17th August 2018: Package received notification
Old Aug 19th 2018, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

TIMELINE:
17th August 2018: Package received notification (via text)
19th August 2018: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (via email), case number assigned, package routed to Texas Service Center

Really pleased that it's gone to Texas rather than Nebraska SC, from what I can tell Texas is a few weeks quicker with processing. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 24th 2018, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

TIMELINE:
15th August 2018: Payment of $535 taken
16th August 2018: Package received notification (via text)
19th August 2018: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (via email), case number assigned, package routed to Texas Service Center
23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received in mail (dated 15th August 2018, priority date 10th August 2018)

And now the long wait officially begins..
Old May 6th 2019, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Update but not really: Officially hit the 9 month mark and haven't heard anything back from USCIS yet. They are working on Sept 5 cases now according to their own website. I sent a case inquiry on May 1st. *sigh*

I was so happy to get Texas, not realising how fluid these processing times are. Anyway, hopefully the worst is over in terms of waiting.
Old May 6th 2019, 7:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muna_93
Update but not really: Officially hit the 9 month mark and haven't heard anything back from USCIS yet. They are working on Sept 5 cases now according to their own website. I sent a case inquiry on May 1st. *sigh*

I was so happy to get Texas, not realising how fluid these processing times are. Anyway, hopefully the worst is over in terms of waiting.
It was the Texas office that sent me my green card in 2001 that had changed my surname, into a different word - like "Jones" changed to "Bones". AND they changed my nationality, to Irish!

So somehow the federal government issued me with a photo ID card three months after 9/11 that contained TWO material errors!
Old May 9th 2019, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pulaski Yikes. That's no good at all.

I'm getting advice from other forums for my USC husband to contact his representative to poke USCIS on our behalf.. but I'm not sure if this is going to help. From what I've seen they just reply with "It's in the queue" or "Wait 60 days before contacting again". I sent an inquiry May 1st, which said expect response by May 23rd. Should I just wait for that to come back? The website is steadily moving along on September dates which makes me think it wasn't a fluke jump and they've really gone through all of August. Sooo do we just wait a bit more or what? Haalp.
Old May 10th 2019, 12:38 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Pulaski Yikes. That's no good at all.

I'm getting advice from other forums for my USC husband to contact his representative to poke USCIS on our behalf.. but I'm not sure if this is going to help. From what I've seen they just reply with "It's in the queue" or "Wait 60 days before contacting again". I sent an inquiry May 1st, which said expect response by May 23rd. Should I just wait for that to come back? The website is steadily moving along on September dates which makes me think it wasn't a fluke jump and they've really gone through all of August. Sooo do we just wait a bit more or what? Haalp.
So sorry you are still waiting, Muna. I contacted my congressman when my citizenship application basically got lost for two years, and his immigration liaison literally got me my interview set up within 48 hours. However, right now it is hard to tell what is the result of paperwork languishing at the bottom of a pile and what is the new normal. I don’t think it would hurt if your OH does want to contact his rep’s office. Good luck!
Old May 10th 2019, 9:48 am
Just Joined

hhrk is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a really good outcome getting my representative’s office to contact USCIS on my behalf - I would definitely recommend it! Good luck!
Old May 10th 2019, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
So sorry you are still waiting, Muna. I contacted my congressman when my citizenship application basically got lost for two years, and his immigration liaison literally got me my interview set up within 48 hours. However, right now it is hard to tell what is the result of paperwork languishing at the bottom of a pile and what is the new normal. I don’t think it would hurt if your OH does want to contact his rep’s office. Good luck!
Originally Posted by hhrk
I had a really good outcome getting my representative’s office to contact USCIS on my behalf - I would definitely recommend it! Good luck!
Okay, your comments pushed us to make a move. You're right Nutmegger, it can't hurt so why the heck not. We're emailing the Senator's office today. Will let you know how that goes.
Old May 10th 2019, 10:58 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, your comments pushed us to make a move. You're right Nutmegger, it can't hurt so why the heck not. We're emailing the Senator's office today. Will let you know how that goes.
I’d suggest he pick up the phone and call his congressman’s office in the home district (not the DC office). They get an immense volume of email and you need a human being. I suggest the congressman rather than the senator as I think they’re hungrier to grow their support base via good deeds!
Old May 10th 2019, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nutmegger

I’d suggest he pick up the phone and call his congressman’s office in the home district (not the DC office). They get an immense volume of email and you need a human being. I suggest the congressman rather than the senator as I think they’re hungrier to grow their support base via good deeds!
Good call. Thank you so much!