Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR-1 Interview experience at London

CR-1 Interview experience at London

Old May 1st 2018, 1:40 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Interview experience at London

Thank you all for the clarification. I am lurking in this forum as our son is doing a follow-to-join immigrant visa via NVC with final processing in London. His process seems akin to IR1/CR1 via NVC.
Old May 1st 2018, 7:20 am
Just Joined

fenbristol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Thanks, Fenbristol, for the explanation for anothercalamity. Since she indicated that she already paid $325, then can one assume that she does not have to pay this at the time of the interview?
Correct. The only payment to be made at the interview is the $325 visa fee. Most will have already paid it (unless you apply DCF) so do not need to pay anything at the interview.

Originally Posted by visa_hopper
Congrats fenbristol!
Will be curious to see how long it takes to issue & be available to pickup from courier, as I imagine we'll have similar timelines (interview on Thursday for me).
Don't have anything booked yet, but like yourself, eager to travel as soon as practical.
Is the page your are checking status at the same one that you go to to start the DS260 form?
Yes it's the same status checker on the CEAC website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

My status is still "ready" (as it was before the interview), I assume it will change to "administrative processing" this week, and "issued" later.

Good luck with your interview – there really is nothing to worry about, it's very straight forward.
Old May 1st 2018, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fenbristol
Correct. The only payment to be made at the interview is the $325 visa fee. Most will have already paid it (unless you apply DCF) so do not need to pay anything at the interview.

Yes it's the same status checker on the CEAC website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

My status is still "ready" (as it was before the interview), I assume it will change to "administrative processing" this week, and "issued" later.

Good luck with your interview – there really is nothing to worry about, it's very straight forward.
Did they tell you what is the average time from interview date for the issue of the visa? And how long does the delivery by the courier take?

Thanks.
Old May 1st 2018, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adamas
Did they tell you what is the average time from interview date for the issue of the visa? And how long does the delivery by the courier take?

Thanks.
I was told to expect my passport back in two to three weeks.

From what I've read on here, most people tend to get it sooner than that. Although I've also seen edge cases where it has taken longer, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

My CEAC status changed to Administrative Processing today, and the details state " If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days." which sounds pretty optimistic to me...
Old May 1st 2018, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Holy moly, my status just changed to Issued! Just over 24 hours between interview and issue – wasn't expecting that!
Old May 2nd 2018, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a wait of just two business days until my status changed to 'issued'. Then I think a 24 hour wait to be able to collect it from the Bristol courier depot.

You'll be State-side before you know it.

Congratulations!
Old May 2nd 2018, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks!

I'm now eagerly watching my email for my courier notification, hopefully it will arrive at the depot tomorrow so I can collect at the weekend.
Old May 6th 2018, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview on Friday. As per your description at the start of this thread it went very well and I was in and out in less than an hour and my visa approved.
My status changed the same day to administrative processing so I'm hoping Tuesday/weds to see it changed to issued.
Phew! It's taken 1 year and 3 days from application to approved.

Ive accepted an offer on my property here and will leave as soon as it's sold. So pushing for a quick sale.
Im now looking at best ways to ship my 'stuff'!

Old May 6th 2018, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

visa_hopper is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview Thursday, didn't check on the day or Friday, checked Saturday and still says "ready" :/ Hopefully they haven't lost it
Old May 6th 2018, 5:29 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Then that was the courier fee. I assume that you paid the visa fee and the fee to manufacture the green card already.
Visa fee is paid in advance for non-DCF (paid to NVC) but no one pays the $220 GC production fee until they have received passport and visa back from the courier. You need the invoice number to pay it and the invoice is in the mailer with the passport.