Reload this Page >

CR-1 Interview experience at London

CR-1 Interview experience at London

Old Apr 30th 2018, 11:30 am
Just Joined

fenbristol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR-1 Interview experience at London

Hi all,

So I'm just sat in Kings Cross waiting for my train back home after my interview. I'm happy to say it was approved and the interview itself was incredibly straight forward!

A brief summary of what happened:

My interview was at 9am, so I arrived for 8:30. The weather was abysmal today, so I was soaked through after my 15 minute walk from my hotel – in retrospect I should have taken a cab, but I was more comfortable walking and being in control of my timings.

There was a short (20 or so people) queue outside security and everyone was drenched as I was while we waited – no shelter or anything here. I was asked for my confirmation letter, DS-260 confirmation, and passport at the door – the passport caught me off guard as I didn't have it to hand and had to rifle through my paperwork to find it. I don't think I read anything to say it was required to get into the building?

I was in within 10 minutes, straight through security and queueing again the reception desk for 5-10 minutes. As far as I could tell it was just one queue for both immigrant and non-immigrant visas. The attendant checked my letter again and attached my number to my DS-260.

Up the lift to a busy waiting room. Round the corner to a completely empty room for non-immigrant visas.

Almost immediately I was called up and asked to provide my courier confirmation, marriage certificate, birth certificate, and police certificate. He also took my phone number and asked some basic questions to determine what other documents he might need. He then took my two I-864 forms, and latest tax return and W2 from my two sponsors. I had lots more evidence but it wasn't needed. I was handed a CD with my chest x-ray, and then told to pay my fees at the next desk over, and then sat back down for 30 seconds before being called back up.

The interview itself lasted around 60 seconds. He asked some very simple questions about how me and my wife met and where we plan to live while he stamped some papers. He told me he was happy to issue my visa, and sent me on my way. As I left, there was only 1 other person waiting.

Overall everybody I encountered was very friendly and the whole process seemed well organised. I was in and out within half an hour – 25 minutes of which was downstairs queuing.

Huge thanks to the community here who have supported me getting to this point – I'm more than happy to answer any questions others might have about the process.

Now I'll be eagerly checking the CEAC status waiting for it to changed to 'issued'. Right now it still says "ready" and tells me to attend my interview even though the 'last updated' date is today. I guess thats normal at this point?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Interview experience at London

Congratulations. Well done.

Passport needed as photo identification that you are the person named on the interview letter, etc.

It is anticlimactic isn't it. I understand it is easy to get into a tizzy and to think the worse and imagine scenes of sour faced, hard nosed officers just waiting to find the smallest excuse to deny you. So glad you and your write up can prove, once again, that the interview is not so bad.

When are you leaving for the US?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

You're absolutely right, every part of the process so far has been a lot more straight forward than we anticipated, but I'm glad we were over-prepared, just for the peace of mind.

We're hoping to leave around 23rd May, hopefully I'll have my visa in hand by then! I'm now thinking we may actually put our plans back a week or so just to give a bit of extra time for the final stages of processing.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

anothercalamity is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my interview on Friday. I'm so nervous but I'm hoping it will be just as straightforward.

Can I ask what the fees are you have to pay?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anothercalamity
I have my interview on Friday. I'm so nervous but I'm hoping it will be just as straightforward.

Can I ask what the fees are you have to pay?
Have you not already paid them? Thought they were all to be prepaid before the interview?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

I've paid $120 and $325, that's why I'm asking what fees need paying at the interview.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:40 pm
Concierge

I've paid $120 and $325, that's why I'm asking what fees need paying at the interview.
And what were those fees for?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

He said he was told to pay his fees at the next desk over........
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:46 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Does the fee paying pattern differ between DCF and going via NVC?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:47 pm
Concierge

Then that was the courier fee. I assume that you paid the visa fee and the fee to manufacture the green card already.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Then that was the courier fee. I assume that you paid the visa fee and the fee to manufacture the green card already.
Yes I've paid everything they've asked for so far.. ok so courier fees. That's fine. Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2018, 7:49 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I think DCF is different because they don't go through the NVC part, they go straight to the consulate.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes I've paid everything they've asked for so far.. ok so courier fees. That's fine. Thanks
It's not the courier fee, it's the visa fee. I applied via DCF, so I pay my visa fee ($325) at the interview. I believe non-DCF pay in advance, which it sounds like you have already done. The person who followed me didn't need to make any payment, so likely the same.

The courier is free if you have it sent to your local depot (which I opted for), or you can pay a small fee to have it delivered, but you pay that via the appointment booking service online.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 8:27 pm
Concierge

Thanks, Fenbristol, for the explanation for anothercalamity. Since she indicated that she already paid $325, then can one assume that she does not have to pay this at the time of the interview?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

visa_hopper is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats fenbristol!
Will be curious to see how long it takes to issue & be available to pickup from courier, as I imagine we'll have similar timelines (interview on Thursday for me).
Don't have anything booked yet, but like yourself, eager to travel as soon as practical.
Is the page your are checking status at the same one that you go to to start the DS260 form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.