Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR-1 Interview completed today.

CR-1 Interview completed today.

Old Mar 5th 2019, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default CR-1 Interview completed today.

Interview was booked for 10am this morning and arrived at the south pavilion and stood in a very long queue, fretting that I only had 20 minutes until my appointment , but remembered another member stating that they just went to the front, of a queue.... i think they meant once in, but I did this outside and was told to do the same once inside.

i wax assigned a number and where to sit. After 5 minutes I was called to a window to have my finger prints taken and hand over passport photos. Then while looking through my uploads he said he couldn't find my divorce certificate, and I would have to upload it, I stated it was done and he found it in the bottom section ????
Then I was told that my deed poll was not uploaded , I said I never saw this listed in the documents needed, he said it's not but we need it....ok... lastly they never looked at the affidavit of support or any W2 or tax forms and said we need this uploaded from the IRS.........then I was told to wait for the immigration officer...

after 5 minutes I was called over , held my right hand up, said an oath, more finger prints and he said to up load the documents, gave me an email to inform the embassy when done, I asked if I would get confirmation and he said no, only if something was wrong and said, no news is good news.... He then said my application was successful , said they would be keeping my passport and to upload documents ASAP.....

The section he underlined , on what to get from the IRS, said ( IRS generated transcript of your sponsors U.S federal income tax for the most recent year...

I was also told that I would receive the passport only and not the big white envelope.

ive uploaded the deed poll and divorce certificate again, now waiting on the latter..
Im happy it's just about over but never planned for the latter either......

Last edited by Tkd67; Mar 5th 2019 at 5:59 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 1:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Interview completed today.

Congratulations on your anticipated successful interview. I'm the first to admit that I am not at all familiar with submitting required by electronic methods only. I'm still set in the hard copy mode.

Curious as to:

1. What does he consider the most recent year? 2018 taxes do not have to be filed until April 15, 2019 and even then you can file for an extension and delay filing. Or was he asking for the 2017 tax transcripts? BTW tax transcripts are easy to get and easier to use than the full filed return and W-2s. But never say that it was a requirement that it must be a tax transcript from the IRS. Did you tell him that you had the hard copies with you ready to be submitted?

2. Did you have your decree absolute with you? Was it offered and not accepted?

3. Is submission of all documentation the reason why you will not get a "White Envelope" to present at the POE?

Glad anyway that the interview is over and that you hear shortly.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations on your anticipated successful interview. I'm the first to admit that I am not at all familiar with submitting required by electronic methods only. I'm still set in the hard copy mode.

Curious as to:

1. What does he consider the most recent year? 2018 taxes do not have to be filed until April 15, 2019 and even then you can file for an extension and delay filing. Or was he asking for the 2017 tax transcripts? BTW tax transcripts are easy to get and easier to use than the full filed return and W-2s. But never say that it was a requirement that it must be a tax transcript from the IRS. Did you tell him that you had the hard copies with you ready to be submitted?

3. Is submission of all documentation the reason why you will not get a "White Envelope" to present at the POE?

Hi rete..
Concerning the irs tax thing, I was just dumbfounded but was holding 2 folders full of tax stuff, I got the impression it was wanted in there lists but I never saw it.. But looking back I was just struck with whatever you'd call it..... If only I could go back....
The divorce paper work was eventually found but I was told it was in the wrong section, he took the original and said upload it again.... But also took a copy .. ..
The upload of my deed poll was not in the list, but I was told that also had to be up loaded...
The uploads are done, I did them that night, we're just waiting on the Irs generated tax forms to upload, but there being posted as my wife had trouble getting them electronically ..
So I'm hoping all is sent in by the end of bext week...
As you can imagine I'm happy but it was half measured...
Old Mar 7th 2019, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete

Curious as to:

Sorry I missed your question about the white envelope.
The first gentleman said to me congratulations I'm one of the first to have my visa entered electronically if that's the word he used I can not remember as it was hard th hear him through the glass and the microphone..
He said all I'll receive back will be the passport and the officer at POE will have all documentation already.
He went on to say that it was easier as people were losing, opening the envelopes or having other issues with them...
But I don't know of why or any reason mine is being done this way, I just presumed that's what everyone's visa will eventually be like......
Old Mar 7th 2019, 3:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You're going to be one of the first in this forum to use this method of electronic transference of documents instead of the big white envelope.

I'm sure that the documents will be sent, along with countless others, to the USCIS in the US by courier.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

SaraB25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

i just wondered how long it took for your wife’s IRS transcripts to come through? We are in the same situation, my husband had his interview yesterday and they have taken his passport along with my 2018 1040 tax return and my fathers 2017, but my husband was handed a form stating his application was refused unless they receive by email the most recent IRS transcript for both myself and my father who is a joint sponsor.

I have tried to create an account with the IRS but my last 3 tax returns were submitted by mail as I have not done then before and live in the UK (unaware I was supposed to until we started this process) It wasn’t recognising my SSN so couldn’t proceed also needed a US mobile to complete which my husband was told at the embassy. I ended up calling the IRS but advised to call back in 2 weeks as it hasn’t been 6 weeks since I submitted my tax returns. Have a feeling I’m still not going to be able to do it on line so it’s going to have to be done by mail. Do you know the time scales?

The other issue is my father has filed an extension on 2018 which we didn’t know while at the embassy yesterday and we weren’t given an email my husband was told he would receive an email of where to upload the documents in 1-2 days.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SaraB25
Hi,

i just wondered how long it took for your wife’s IRS transcripts to come through? We are in the same situation, my husband had his interview yesterday and they have taken his passport along with my 2018 1040 tax return and my fathers 2017, but my husband was handed a form stating his application was refused unless they receive by email the most recent IRS transcript for both myself and my father who is a joint sponsor.

I have tried to create an account with the IRS but my last 3 tax returns were submitted by mail as I have not done then before and live in the UK (unaware I was supposed to until we started this process) It wasn’t recognising my SSN so couldn’t proceed also needed a US mobile to complete which my husband was told at the embassy. I ended up calling the IRS but advised to call back in 2 weeks as it hasn’t been 6 weeks since I submitted my tax returns. Have a feeling I’m still not going to be able to do it on line so it’s going to have to be done by mail. Do you know the time scales?

The other issue is my father has filed an extension on 2018 which we didn’t know while at the embassy yesterday and we weren’t given an email my husband was told he would receive an email of where to upload the documents in 1-2 days.

Hi Sara,

Doing this process online which as also advised by the embassy official, also didn't work, which ever way my wife tried and she's lived in the United States all her life, she tried SNN , Cell phone verification, nothing.......so while online she ordered the IRS tax transcripts online and it said it would take 5-10 days, which were to long in my opinion.
i knew there had to be a quicker way , so rang the number myself, but all I ever got was to be passed through and never to a human being , until I found something on google stating--- to speak to an operator you had to press option one, then go on to option two, then press no option on three, where the automated voice would then say , no option selected, please wait for an operator, etc etc.......
My wife did this and spoke to a very friendly lady who actually faxed straight over to my wife's office, IRS tax transcripts for the past 2 years, there and then.

Concerning your extension that your father did, im unsure what that is and if you mean it has to be uploaded in the document section ???? but if this helps, I was told by the Embassy official all documents had to be in the correct category to be uploaded, example IRS tax transcript, in heading Tax transcript. However I was also told that if there was no category to put it in, the category called OTHER would also do, and then write in the comments section they all have, what you have just done and why.
The IRS forms faxed over to my wife, was put in my section, not my wife's in the heading other and I did write in comments section, all I said was , following interview, tax documents that were asked for to complete interview process etc etc.
However, when I did all this , I did look in my wife's section and did find a heading tax transcript, but it was to late , I'd already sent it, but it made no difference....it was still viewed and blue ticked and excepted.

The documents that were supposed to be posted took over 10 days, more like 12. But once the documents were uploaded on the Monday , the visa was saying issued by Wednesday and the visa was in my hand Friday. I did however ring the courier service on wed to state the visa was showing issued , and had they the same !!!!!!!
I will say at no point at my interview was I asked to show any tax document, as I had 3 folders full, I was disappointed in that as I thought I may of had it there, but probably not....
Really hope the above helps.....

Last edited by Tkd67; Apr 17th 2019 at 11:49 am.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your reply! I have spoken with IRS and they did say about getting it faxed across if not it would have to be mailed. I’m going to have to wait a few weeks anyway as I only filed in March so it hasn’t been 6 weeks since they were received. I need to call them back at the end of the month, I also got a really helpful lady. We have sent an online message to the embassy to check that the wait time is ok and to check about my fathers extension as he can only submit 2017 at this time. So just a waiting game at the minute yet again!! Your message was really helpful so thank you. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SaraB25
Thank you so much for your reply! I have spoken with IRS and they did say about getting it faxed across if not it would have to be mailed. I’m going to have to wait a few weeks anyway as I only filed in March so it hasn’t been 6 weeks since they were received. I need to call them back at the end of the month, I also got a really helpful lady. We have sent an online message to the embassy to check that the wait time is ok and to check about my fathers extension as he can only submit 2017 at this time. So just a waiting game at the minute yet again!! Your message was really helpful so thank you. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
No problem, hope it gets sorted out for you and the 6 weeks passes quickly !!!
kind regards...
Old May 10th 2019, 7:58 am
Just Joined

CCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sara,
I’m curious about whether you had heard back from the Embassy regarding your fathers 2018 tax extension? Are they ok with the 2017 return only? We haven’t filed 2018 yet as the automatic extension is until June 17th so hoping 2017 is ok!
Also, did they explain why they needed the tax transcripts even though the form says you can bring a copy of the tax return? Did you bring along proof of filing both of your taxes with you?
I’m quite worried as our interview is in a couple of weeks.
Thank you
Old May 10th 2019, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Morning, you will definitely need the transcript for the most recent tax year. If you call them they will fax them over to you if you can’t register on line. They have changed the forms so this is now a requirement. My father filed an extension for 2018 and they have accepted 2017 from him. We got his approval on Monday and his visa has been issued. Hope that helps and Good luck with the interview 😊
Old May 10th 2019, 8:47 am
Just Joined

CCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCCB1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sara,
could you tell me which number you called to get them faxed?
Old May 10th 2019, 9:51 am
Just Joined

I checked the i864 instructions on their website (so up to date instructions) again and it still says you can bring a tax return... so confusing... I’m so glad for this forum as I would’ve had no idea they are asking for transcripts!

I will order the transcript as you said Sara as I don’t want to risk it!

I’ve emailed the Embassy as well hoping they will clarify about both the transcripts and whether a 2017 return will work(considering we have an automatic extension to file 2018 taxes until June 17th).

I’ll post an update if they come back to me as this will be helpful to others!
Old May 10th 2019, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CCB1
Thanks Sara,
could you tell me which number you called to get them faxed?
Hi I called the international line but this was for myself as living abroad 001267 9411000 im not sure about my father think he had them mailed and scanned over to me.
Old May 10th 2019, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sara! I must have been on the phone to the IRS when you replied! It was very easy after answering tons of security questions. Had the transcript faxed over there and then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.