Reload this Page >

CR-1 entry and Social Security Number

Wikiposts

CR-1 entry and Social Security Number

Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR-1 entry and Social Security Number

I read through the forum and I am thoroughly confused on what should be done to proactively to get SS number

Situation: Wife entered US last week on CR-1 visa. She had checked the box on DS230 saying assign her a SS number

My read on forum:
(1) Some people waiting for 2 weeks and got SS card automatically in mail

(2) Others did not trust the system and went to SS office and applied for the number. In one case, this led to confusion as there were two application in the system.

So anyone who has gone through my situation in the past few months, can you enlighten on what exactly I should or should not do regarding getting SS number.

Thanks
Sundar
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:41 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: CR-1 entry and Social Security Number

i entered the US thru los angeles 5 weeks ago on a IR-1, i also ticked the box to automaticaly have a ssn assigned/proccessed for me, though upon asking the immigration official at the airport was told i would have to apply in person.

but this screwed up the system as there WAS an application already in the system for me so i had 2 - which were both put on hold, personally i would give it a couple of weeks after entering the country and wait and see (assuming your circumstances allow).

Ant