Reload this Page >

CR-1 (Close Relation) Visa Time line

CR-1 (Close Relation) Visa Time line

Old Apr 21st 2019, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Alba2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR-1 (Close Relation) Visa Time line

CR-1 (Close Relation) Marriage based Visa Timeline:

Background: UKC (UK Citizen) met partner USC (USA Citizen) online several years ago and both travelled frequently UK-USA.

Married in USA 27th Jan 2019  UKC entered USA under WWP and married. UKC subsequently left USA.

Engaged an Immigration Attorney to hopefully simplify the process and avoid any errors which may delay the process.

Documentation and evidence required (By Attorney to be sent to DHS)

Petitioner (USC)
• I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)
• I-130A (Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary)
• Marriage certificate (original provided and copied)
• US passport as evidence US citizen (original provided and copied)
• Copy of all stamped pages - UK entry stamps (originals provided and copied)
• 2 passport photographs (originals)
• Divorce Certificate (original provided and copied)
• Photographs showing us at various locations and stages of our relationship (originals provided and copied)
• Copies of Birthday, Xmas etc cards with dated envelopes (originals provided and copied)

Beneficiary (UKC)
• Passport Biographic page (Colour Scan)
• All stamped pages - US entry stamps (Colour scans)
• Birth certificate (Colour scan)
• 2 Passport photos posted UK to USA Attorney (originals)

11th March 2019 Attorney posted application and evidence. Cost $535 DHS & $500 Lawyer.

I-797C NOA1 (Notice Of Action) Received
(Issued to communicate receipt of payments, rejection of applications, transfer of files, fingerprint biometric, interview and re-scheduled appointments, and re-open cases.)

Delivered to my spouse by post from DHS (Department of Homeland Security)
• Received date: 13th March 2019
• Priority date: 13th March 2019
• Notice date: 18th March 2019

That’s all folks …. For now 

Last edited by Alba2018; Apr 21st 2019 at 1:57 am. Reason: typos
Old Apr 21st 2019, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 (Close Relation) Visa Time line

Good luck with the process. Hopefully you have a competent immigration attorney. Generally folks here DIY It unless there are foreseen problems such as a criminal record.

Note that CR-1 means conditional resident.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Good luck with the process. Hopefully you have a competent immigration attorney. Generally folks here DIY It unless there are foreseen problems such as a criminal record.
Thanks.
Attorney deals with complex Immigration cases and said ours appears very simple.
Yes, I have a CIMT aged 16 maybe 17 (UKC) over 30 years ago so thought it best to use an Attorney.
Attorney stated it was hardly likely to be an issue but not definitive.

Note that CR-1 means conditional resident.
I noticed my error but alas can't seem to edit my original post!?
Old Apr 21st 2019, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Curious why he send the I-130 and evidence to the DHS and not the USCIS.

Since you will be going for the CR-1 visa, your criminal record will not come into play until your interview at the US Embassy. There is little, if any, that the attorney can do for you at that stage other than help you with preparation of a waiver of inadmissibility if one is required if you are denied at the interview.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 21st 2019 at 1:50 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

As I cannot edit my posts it's not possible to correct errors in OP.

As I'm not in USA and not receiving the information directly then I can't be 100% accurate. Cheque was written out to DHS and NOA was received from DHS so I assumed info was sent to DHS.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 12:38 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

All notices are labelled as from the Department of Homeland Security even when sent from USCIS, since USCIS is a department of DHS.
Old Apr 28th 2019, 4:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alba2018
As I cannot edit my posts it's not possible to correct errors in OP. ....
You get 2hrs, literally 120 minutes, to edit/ correct a post on BE.
Originally Posted by Alba2018
.... Engaged an Immigration Attorney to hopefully simplify the process and avoid any errors which may delay the process.
Well engaging an attorney necessarily adds extra steps, and possibly delays, depending on their priorities and availability of their staff. It could spend a number of days sitting on someone's desk - that has happened. So the balance of probabilities is that you have added a few days to process, but it could be longer.

Also attorneys have been known to either make mistakes and/ or over complicate things - after all, they benefit from billing extra to solve the problems, even ones they may have caused themselves.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 28th 2019 at 4:43 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ah thanks I wasn’t aware of a time limit to edit a post.

True a few days may have been added but in the grand scheme not an issue for me or my partner. I rather like the fact my attorney has completed many immigration applications and I don’t need to second guess or ask many questions to complete on my own. I did consider DIY route but for the sake of my sanity and my spouses sanity and a couple of thousand dollars I thought why not. It is a lot of money however.

The attorney fee is fixed so if she makes errors then she can fix it. I highly doubt a professional would deliberately make errors to inflate cost.

I will add so far we’ve had a video chat and she provided a list of what she required. I provided and she then outlined the next steps. I will continue to read and learn from this forum and try be fully aware of the process in tandem to listening to my Attorney.

Appreciate your reply.

Last edited by Alba2018; Apr 29th 2019 at 12:11 pm.