Wikiposts

Cover letter for I-751

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Default Cover letter for I-751

Hello experts, you guys know lot of stuff about immigration. Can anyone please tell me how to write I-751 cover letter? Do I have to explain everything and write a story starting from where I first met my wife and how we got married and so on so forth? I think this is just repeat of what we said in AOS interview. Instead of this, can I just write a formal letter indicating the type of petition I am filing and the list of supporting documents?

Thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cover letter for I-751

Originally Posted by needhelp
Hello experts, you guys know lot of stuff about immigration. Can anyone please tell me how to write I-751 cover letter? Do I have to explain everything and write a story starting from where I first met my wife and how we got married and so on so forth? I think this is just repeat of what we said in AOS interview. Instead of this, can I just write a formal letter indicating the type of petition I am filing and the list of supporting documents?

Thanks
Hi needhelp,

When our time comes to file I-751, I intend to write the second type of letter you mention.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
My I-751 cover letter was a laundry list of what evidence was included.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
My I-751 cover letter was a laundry list of what evidence was included.
As was mine.

... maybe with a little begging mixed in.

I also made sure that "we" were submitting the documents on behalf of "our marriage."

I also made sure that we both signed it.

Perhaps they didn't notice my use psychology, but in my mind it worked!

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeninifer
As was mine.

... maybe with a little begging mixed in.

I also made sure that "we" were submitting the documents on behalf of "our marriage."

I also made sure that we both signed it.

Perhaps they didn't notice my use psychology, but in my mind it worked!

No! It *does* work! <g>
Our letter conclude "Thank you for your consideration of our petition. We look forward to many more years of happy matrimony!" which obviously worked, as we were approved
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks

Here's a copy of the cover letter I sent two years ago with our I-751. I tried to include some of the specific language listed on the form (hence the strange wording of * item #7). HTH.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

18 December 2003

USCIS Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 850965
Mesquite TX 75185-0965

Dear BCIS Official,

Enclosed is an original submission of the I-175 Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence for DH (A#), who obtained conditional residence in March 2002 based on marriage on 3-31-01 to (me), a U.S. citizen. We are filing this petition together and submit as evidence required copies of DH’s permanent residence card and passport as well as the following documents to show that we are still married and living together as a couple:

*2001 and 2002 joint federal tax returns
*Mortgage papers showing joint ownership of our house
*Car loan showing joint ownership of a vehicle
*Joint checking account statement
*(USC)’s retirement statement naming DH as primary
beneficiary
*(DH)’s IRA, 401K and life insurance information naming
(wife) as beneficiary
*Various bills and miscellaneous letters showing joint
responsibilities for liabilities and joint occupancy of
communal residence
*Letters from two friends who have known both of us as a
couple prior to (DH)’s conditional residence and presently,
and who have personal knowledge of our marriage and
relationship
*Forms I797 from initial approval of I129F and AOS
applications
*Photos

Please note our new address (new address). Form AR-11 was sent in December 2002 to the USCIS processing center in London, KY as well as a copy to our local BCIS office in Louisville informing them of our move from (old address). Our phone number is the same (XXX-XXX-XXXX).

Attached is a money order for the $145 fee for this petition. Please contact us should you have any questions or need further information.

Sincerely,

Us
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

ChiMiigwech is an unknown quantity at this point

I wrote mine using the same format as I-129F petition cover letter. Pretty much a list of the things that we include with the petition. I just like to be organized
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:48 pm
Wolfie

I did not use a cover letter for I-129F or the I-751. I did put tabs on
the evidence I sent in to support the form I-751(since there was a lot)
and listed on in the tab what was there. Did the trick.

needhelp wrote:
    > Hello experts, you guys know lot of stuff about immigration. Can anyone
    > please tell me how to write I-751 cover letter? Do I have to explain
    > everything and write a story starting from where I first met my wife and
    > how we got married and so on so forth? I think this is just repeat of
    > what we said in AOS interview. Instead of this, can I just write a
    > formal letter indicating the type of petition I am filing and the list
    > of supporting documents?
    >
    > Thanks
    >