Wikiposts

Cousular processing

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough
Default Cousular processing

Hello,

How long does it usually take to get the interview date after the consulate receives the approval of I-130?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cousular processing

Originally posted by violator_dm
Hello,

How long does it usually take to get the interview date after the consulate receives the approval of I-130?
?

I was under the impression that the interview is conducted so that the I-130 could be approved?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:28 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

There are interviews for I-130 petitions?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
?

I was under the impression that the interview is conducted so that the I-130 could be approved?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Rete,

There are interviews for I-130 petitions?

Regards, JEff

Jeff,

yes there are in DCF cases. They are in mine, in any case.

Kind regs,

Kath
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 8:51 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the message here is:

There is no interview required to have the I-130 petition approved.

Interview is required to have the immigrant visa application approved, which is the step that happens after the I-130 petition is approved...
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 9:22 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

a4t,

Are you sure the interview was for the I-130? Were there 2 interviews, then - 1 for the petition and 1 for the visa application?

I can understand how the distiction between the petition and the visa application might become blurred in DCF situations, because they come one on top of the other, but they remain 2 separate issues.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by anyone4tea
Jeff,

yes there are in DCF cases. They are in mine, in any case.

Kind regs,

Kath
Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
a4t,

Are you sure the interview was for the I-130? Were there 2 interviews, then - 1 for the petition and 1 for the visa application?

I can understand how the distiction between the petition and the visa application might become blurred in DCF situations, because they come one on top of the other, but they remain 2 separate issues.

Regards, JEff
Hi Jeff,

You're right - there are two stages - one is approval of the I-130, at which point the file is passed to the visa department to organise the interview/medical and, subsequently, the visa. Apologies if I caused any confusion!

I'm just waiting for my interview date.

Kind regs,

Kath
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Our I-130 petition was approved on June 1st. There was no interview. The guy just looked at our papers, checked if it was all complete and then told us to go and pay the fee. We came back, he looked at the receipt and made a note. That was it. 5 minutes or so. I know that the petition was passed to the consular section on June 2nd. So i'm just wondering how long it takes to get the interview date. I know that the interview date is 2 months after they notify one. But how long does it take to set it? Name check? Some other check? what's the estimate?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by violator_dm
Our I-130 petition was approved on June 1st. There was no interview. The guy just looked at our papers, checked if it was all complete and then told us to go and pay the fee. We came back, he looked at the receipt and made a note. That was it. 5 minutes or so. I know that the petition was passed to the consular section on June 2nd. So i'm just wondering how long it takes to get the interview date. I know that the interview date is 2 months after they notify one. But how long does it take to set it? Name check? Some other check? what's the estimate?
I'm kinda confused here. When the you say the I-130 was approved on June 1st, was this on the same day that you filed it? Did you basically hand him the file, then he looked it over, then you went and paid the filing fee? If so, then that was not an approval, that was just the guy checking to make sure you had the docs you were supposed to have. The I-130 would still have to be approved, and then you have to come back for an interview and do a medical exam.

Or were you sent an appointment letter for you to come in on June 1st? If so, then I'm not really sure what you are talking about.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
I'm kinda confused here. When the you say the I-130 was approved on June 1st, was this on the same day that you filed it? Did you basically hand him the file, then he looked it over, then you went and paid the filing fee? If so, then that was not an approval, that was just the guy checking to make sure you had the docs you were supposed to have. The I-130 would still have to be approved, and then you have to come back for an interview and do a medical exam.

Or were you sent an appointment letter for you to come in on June 1st? If so, then I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

We went to the Us Embassy on May 7 to file the I-130 form. The guy looked it over and told us to pay the fee. We contacted the DHS a month later and were told that the petition was approved on June 1st. So it took them a little less than a month. Then we called the rediculously expensive information line ($1.75 per minute here in Russia) and did not get any info whatsoever, but to "check the Embassy website for appointment schedule". I keep checking but my number is not up yet. So I was just wondering how long it takes to get the interview date?