Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Course of action for slow I-129F processing?

Wikiposts

Course of action for slow I-129F processing?

Old Dec 30th 2001, 6:52 pm
Victor Chan

Hi all,

The processing time for my I-129F application has dragged on for what seems like an
interminable period of time and I am at a loss as to how to proceed. My current
timeline looks like this:

08/28/01 Sent I-129F to CSC
08/29/01 Received 1st NOA
08/30/01 Received "Request for Evidence" (RFE)
08/31/01 Sent additional evidence
08/32/01 CSC received additional evidence

So for 2 months now, the answering machine has said,"On October 9th, we sent out a
request for additional evidence...," meaning that I do not even have confirmation
that they have begun looking at my case again. Matthew Udall, an attorney familiar
with such matters told me that RFEs are placed in a different work shelf than I-129Fs
and thus are subject to different processing times than I-129Fs. Nonetheless, 2
months is a long time for no action, is it not?

I wanted to send the California Service Center one of their "fax inquiry sheets" to
check on the status of my case, but for some reason their fax machine has not been
receiving faxes since 12/26, the first day I tried (due to the holidays?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Thanks in advance, Victor

Old Dec 31st 2001, 9:49 pm
Andrew Defaria

Victor Chan wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Well my message was that my petition was approved as of 1/2/2001. Coming up on the 1
year anniversary of that date. My case is slightly different. But apparently no time
is too long for the INS !

>
    >
    >

What fax number(s) did you use? I'm currently using 4. They are all area code 949
then: 389-3482, 389-3486, 643-1538 and 389-3402. I am told to put "For the immediate
attention of the Assistant Center Directory - Division 2" in large block letters for
the last number. You are welcome to use all of these fax numbers if you like.

Officially you are supposed to fax the first number then wait 10 days for a
response, no response fax the second number wait 5 days for a response, no response
fax the 3rd number wait 3 days for a response, no response call 389-3007 and speak
to the "duty officer" there and ask why there has been no response to your 3 faxes
for 18 days. This "procedure" comes from the National Visa Center, however I've been
through this procedure twice. You can rarely get through to the last number. I've
managed to get through 4 times. Twice I was told that this number was only for AILA
attorneys (so much for the National Visa Center's instructions. I called them back
and told them that the 4th number was unusable by mere morals. They didn't know what
to say).. Once I was told that my petition was taking too long and that he'd get it
into the proper hands immediately and I should have a response in 2 weeks. That was
1 month ago - no response. The last time I was told the 389-3402 fax number and to
add the large block letters.

Now I fax all 4 numbers daily. This is pure madness!