Reload this Page >

Couple of questions for CR1 visa DCF London

Couple of questions for CR1 visa DCF London

Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

gametime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of questions for CR1 visa DCF London

Hi,
So I'm part way through my process (filed the i30 form, was approved, filed the ds260 and booked my medical and interview for this month) and I have a couple of questions still:

1) we paid $525 at the beginning for the i130 petition, is there still a visa fee to pay after the interview?
2) My wife is in the UK, so even though she is employed and earning money in the UK, on her i864 she writes "unemployed", is that correct?
3) I have a digital copy of her most recent tax return, will that suffice or should I order transcripts from the IRS website? Will digital transcripts do, printed out?
4) For my joint sponsor i864, do I also need to provide the original document as their proof of citizenship or will a copy do? (i.e. can I provide a photocopy/scan of their passport?)
Thanks so much for your help! This process is stressful!
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of questions for CR1 visa DCF London

Originally Posted by gametime
Hi,
So I'm part way through my process (filed the i30 form, was approved, filed the ds260 and booked my medical and interview for this month) and I have a couple of questions still:

1) we paid $525 at the beginning for the i130 petition, is there still a visa fee to pay after the interview?
Yes. The I-130 fee is NOT for the visa but for the processing of the I-130. The visa portion is separate, as is the courier fee, the medical fee, etc.

2) My wife is in the UK, so even though she is employed and earning money in the UK, on her i864 she writes "unemployed", is that correct?
No, it is not correct. She is working so why would she lie and say she was unemployed? Just because her UK income is not useable on the I-864 to show means to financially sponsor you, she is still employed.

3) I have a digital copy of her most recent tax return, will that suffice or should I order transcripts from the IRS website? Will digital transcripts do, printed out?
Sorry but I don't have a clue what "digital" copy of her tax return is. There are copies of her filed returned and tax transcripts she can order from the IRS in the US. Either will do.

4) For my joint sponsor i864, do I also need to provide the original document as their proof of citizenship or will a copy do? (i.e. can I provide a photocopy/scan of their passport?)
Thanks so much for your help! This process is stressful!
A copy of their US passport and/or a copy of their certified copy of their US birth certificate is fine.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes. The I-130 fee is NOT for the visa but for the processing of the I-130. The visa portion is separate, as is the courier fee, the medical fee, etc.

No, it is not correct. She is working so why would she lie and say she was unemployed? Just because her UK income is not useable on the I-864 to show means to financially sponsor you, she is still employed.

Sorry but I don't have a clue what "digital" copy of her tax return is. There are copies of her filed returned and tax transcripts she can order from the IRS in the US. Either will do.

A copy of their US passport and/or a copy of their certified copy of their US birth certificate is fine.
Thanks so much for your answers
A digital copy, meaning it's not on paper yet. it's just a file that needs to be printed out.

So she should fill out her job but put her income as $0?

Also, when filling out the total income for the past 3 returns, the last filing was with her ex husband so it was joint income, the tax return doesn't split that up into individual amounts, so should I write the joint amount which is technically what is stated on the form?
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for your answers
A digital copy, meaning it's not on paper yet. it's just a file that needs to be printed out.

No, she earns a wage. Put down her salary and be sure to indicate it is UK monies.

Also, when filling out the total income for the past 3 returns, the last filing was with her ex husband so it was joint income, the tax return doesn't split that up into individual amounts, so should I write the joint amount which is technically what is stated on the form?
It doesn't matter. She cannot financially sponsor you either way since she does not have a US income and/or does not have assets equal to the amount required. They just need to see that she has filed her US tax returns and is current.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
No, she earns a wage. Put down her salary and be sure to indicate it is UK monies.

It doesn't matter. She cannot financially sponsor you either way since she does not have a US income and/or does not have assets equal to the amount required. They just need to see that she has filed her US tax returns and is current.
The form itself asks for a dollar amount, it already gives the denomination as dollars. So I don't really know where to indicate her UK salary
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The form itself asks for a dollar amount, it already gives the denomination as dollars. So I don't really know where to indicate her UK salary
Calculate it in dollars. It won't matter.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2018, 7:48 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

You question is on the confusing side. Either she had income from her employment or she did not.

The I-864 requires a copy of her last income tax return and data off the last three returns. If she was working in the UK, her income will be reported on the return. The reported income should match the income tax return.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
You question is on the confusing side. Either she had income from her employment or she did not.

The I-864 requires a copy of her last income tax return and data off the last three returns. If she was working in the UK, her income will be reported on the return. The reported income should match the income tax return.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. This is a uk employer and paid in GBP so wouldn't be on her US tax return
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:03 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I wasn't clear. This is a uk employer and paid in GBP so wouldn't be on her US tax return
Now I am really confused. Your caption for this thread states you are apply for a CR-1 visa. Accordingly, your wife is an American Citizen.

Now you indicate she is not an American Citizen.

You might want to clarify.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Now I am really confused. Your caption for this thread states you are apply for a CR-1 visa. Accordingly, your wife is an American Citizen.

Now you indicate she is not an American Citizen.

You might want to clarify.
She is an American citizen living and working in the UK for a UK company earning GBP and will be moving back to the US with me when the visa is granted
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Incorrect. If she completes a US tax return it should reflect her worldwide income, so her UK employment should be included albeit converted to USD.
Maybe you need to review her returns and have them corrected.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:42 pm
BE Commentator

She is an American citizen living and working in the UK for a UK company earning GBP and will be moving back to the US with me when the visa is granted
It is considered a serious offense to provide false information on a tax return. As is failure to report income. You might want to look into her filing amended return or a late return.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 9:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Her UK income WOULD be on her US tax return, since USCs are required to report worldwide income each year. If she did not report this income, she needs to file amended returns.

Rene
Old Mar 10th 2018, 3:06 am
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Her UK income WOULD be on her US tax return, since USCs are required to report worldwide income each year. If she did not report this income, she needs to file amended returns.

Rene
If she filed, then must be amended. If not filed at all, then a late return.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Just looked into this as I've not been dealing with the returns myself. She started her first UK work last year so it would be filed on this years returns.

So either way we should convert her UK income to USD and put it on the i864?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.