Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Content of Packet 3 , Affidavit of support: Requiremment ASAP Suggestion!!!

Wikiposts

Content of Packet 3 , Affidavit of support: Requiremment ASAP Suggestion!!!

Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:38 am
Kbito

Default Content of Packet 3 , Affidavit of support: Requiremment ASAP Suggestion!!!

Hi:

The consulate in my finace`'s home country, Ghana has sent her the
packet 3:
The affidavit of support requirement:

1. Notarized latest federal income tax returns
2.Lettter from employer stating status, length and permanency of
employment
3. Letter from officer of a bank stating account balance and when it
was opened
4. Any other document to establish financial capability to carry the
financial responsibiltiy of an immigrant sponsor.
================================================== ==========

I have been able to get the following documents:

1.Letter of employment stating i have been working for the company for
5yrs and making $32,032.00
2. Letter from bank stating account balance of 4,765.28 and opened on
12-13-2001
3. w-2 for 2003
4. Pay stubs
5 house lease

Do you think we look good as far as the affidavit of support is
concern?????????????????

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 5:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Content of Packet 3 , Affidavit of support: Requiremment ASAP Suggestion!!!

Originally posted by Kbito Do you think we look good as far as the affidavit of support is
concern?????????????????
Well, your item #1 is not accounted for.
The free tax transcripts from the IRS were useful tax return copies for our case.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:51 am
Cloweii

Default Re: Content of Packet 3 , Affidavit of support: Requiremment ASAP Suggestion!!!

Make sure you get your federal income tax return. This was an important
document for my wife to have in her country also.

Brad

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 11:13 am
Kbito

meauxna <member1851@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Kbito Do you think we look good as
    > far as the affidavit of support is
    > > concern?????????????????
    >
    >
    > Well, your item #1 is not accounted for.
    > The free tax transcripts from
    > the IRS were useful tax return copies for our case.

The content of the packet says any two or more of the listed items

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 3:05 pm
Cloweii

Take this as good advice from people who have gone before you: SEND TAX
TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOU AFFIDAVIT. You asked if everything looked good and we are
telling you yes if accompanied with the tax returns.

Brad

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:36 am
Kbito

[email protected] (CLoweii) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Take this as good advice from people who have gone before you: SEND TAX
    > TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOU AFFIDAVIT. You asked if everything looked good and we are
    > telling you yes if accompanied with the tax returns.
    >
    > Brad

Brad:
you must be very caring. Thanks a lot though. I have called the IRS.
it shouldn't take too long i guess or can i notarized 2003 fed tax
returns at my bank and send it if IRS takes too long .Her interview
is 03-05-04.

Thanks

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:31 am
Just Joined

mickmosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by meauxna
Well, your item #1 is not accounted for.
The free tax transcripts from the IRS were useful tax return copies for our case.
Hi meauxna,

My wife received the packet 3 as well. It mentions that she will need the latest notarized tax return. However, the I-864 just asks for copies of the tax return and that too for the last 3 yrs.

I ordered the transcripts from IRS for the last 3 yrs. Do I need to get them notarized? I am not sure how I would get them notarized cos they look like normal computer printouts and the notary public might ask for originals. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Do I need to send copies of my W-2's as well?

Thanks.

Mick
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickmosh
Hi meauxna,

My wife received the packet 3 as well. It mentions that she will need the latest notarized tax return. However, the I-864 just asks for copies of the tax return and that too for the last 3 yrs.

I ordered the transcripts from IRS for the last 3 yrs. Do I need to get them notarized? I am not sure how I would get them notarized cos they look like normal computer printouts and the notary public might ask for originals. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Do I need to send copies of my W-2's as well?

Thanks.

Mick
Mick, your Consulate is unique and specific in its needs. It wouldn't be appropriate for me to comment on what their "Packet 3" letter says. I can tell you that the NG has decided that there is no such thing as a 'notorized' tax return. The transcripts from the IRS (the free/fast ones) seem to be the most readily accepted 'round the world.
If you want to include W2s, there's no harm. If, however, you had one employer & have filed single in the indicated years, the W2s won't help much, either.

My theory is: make a comprehensive financial resume. Keep in mind the result you're after: proving that you have income/assets at or above the necessary level. You don't have to convince me, you have to convince the ConOff at a tricky post. I'd say do you double checking with those who went thru your Consulate.
best,
meauxna