Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Consequences of an overstay + I-130

Wikiposts

Consequences of an overstay + I-130

Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consequences of an overstay + I-130

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I have been offered tens of thousands over the years to marry several Irish guys so they could get their greencards! Turned it all down for a poor but very sweet and handsome Scot! LOL
Shows your good taste
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:04 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Shows your good taste
Thanks Tracy! Was the area in Dundee that you thought Keith was fromclled Montifieth?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tracy! Was the area in Dundee that you thought Keith was fromclled Montifieth?
You're welcome

No, he lived a few places, the latest not too far from Dundee and Perth, but he hasn't mentioned that town.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:22 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome

No, he lived a few places, the latest not too far from Dundee and Perth, but he hasn't mentioned that town.
Ok.In a former post you had mentioned Methin. I aksed my fiancee about it and he said maybe it was Montifieth!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok.In a former post you had mentioned Methin. I aksed my fiancee about it and he said maybe it was Montifieth!
Oh cripes, maybe I have it wrong - Methin was one place he lived. I was thinking Montifieth was a different town (guess who doesn't know her Scottish geography )

I'll try to remember to ask him about it when he wakes up
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Oh cripes, maybe I have it wrong - Methin was one place he lived. I was thinking Montifieth was a different town (guess who doesn't know her Scottish geography )

I'll try to remember to ask him about it when he wakes up
Methven, Perthshire????
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lofty79
Methven, Perthshire????
Yes, that's right - he lived there, and a few other places in Perthshire. Bad me didn't know how to spell hit.

Not Montifieth.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:27 am

Yes, that's right - he lived there, and a few other places in Perthshire. Bad me didn't know how to spell hit.

Not Montifieth.
Just curious since they are from the same area! I like it to visit but I would have a hard time adjusting to living there so that's why he is moving over here.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just curious since they are from the same area! I like it to visit but I would have a hard time adjusting to living there so that's why he is moving over here.
I haven't visited yet, although I'm sure it is lovely. Thankfully, we both wanted to live here though.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:24 am
Banned

Barratie is just really niceBarratie is just really niceBarratie is just really niceBarratie is just really niceBarratie is just really niceBarratie is just really niceBarratie is just really niceBarratie is just really nice

Originally Posted by gwizz99
What are the consequences of an overstay if an individual is in the US (overstaying the VWP by two years and still in the USA), whilst at the sametime their US Citizen mother applied for an I-130 (US Citizen applying for a Married Daughter over 21)

Would the overstay essentially break the I-130 application and get them deported anyway?

It is also sometimes important to note if the I-130 application was made before or after the expiry date if the VWP stub.

If you submit the I-130 BEFORE that date it is less troublesome than if it is filed AFTER.

So were you in "overstay" at the time the I-130 was filed?

H