Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Congressional Reps do have direct lines

Wikiposts

Congressional Reps do have direct lines

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:45 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Congressional Reps do have direct lines

I seem to recall a poster on this NG used her local congressman to query her I-129F, and that was how she found out her case was being investigated for fraud.
I agree that cases should not be moved from their place in queue, certainly because of involvement from congressional members. If it can at least help someone find out more info about their case than USCIS are willing to disclose, then the congress person deserves that vote they may win
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
I seem to recall a poster on this NG used her local congressman to query her I-129F, and that was how she found out her case was being investigated for fraud.
I agree that cases should not be moved from their place in queue, certainly because of involvement from congressional members. If it can at least help someone find out more info about their case than USCIS are willing to disclose, then the congress person deserves that vote they may win

I'm all for using your congressional representative's immigration liaison if the need is there and warranted. Long overdue cases, agency employee's that are spiteful idiots, etc. We used ours once and if it were not for him Jim would not have been given another I-551 to replace the one that had expired while waiting a year for a green card that never came. They also found out that the reason for that was because the DAO never submitted the I-89 for manufacture until the liaison made the inquiry that July. Wonder if that is in their code of behavior ... never admit you made a mistake.

Rete
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 2:34 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Isn't that a standard government department code of practice??

Originally posted by Rete
wonder if that is in their code of behavior ... never admit you made a mistake.
Rete
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:52 pm
Maryanne Kehoe

I was told that if one is *one day* over the projected approval date,
that one *can* get expedited.....at least that is what my local Congress
immigration rep has told me.

He also said he's hearing increasing complaints about how long it takes
to process K-1 and *especially K-3* applications. He was especially
concerned about the recent (?) slowups in K-3 processimg and that was
the majority of calls that he handled (next came AOS complaints.)

Re: Congressional Reps do have direct lines

Group: alt.visa.us.marriage-based Date: Thu, Dec 4, 2003, 3:34am (EST+5)
Isn't that a standard government department code of practice??
Originally posted by Rete
wonder if that is in their code of behavior ... never admit you made a
mistake.
Rete
--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com