Confusion - where to file I-129f

Wikiposts

Confusion - where to file I-129f

Old Oct 10th 2003, 1:04 pm
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confusion - where to file I-129f

Hello there -

I'm a bit confused about where I should send the I-129f application. The BCIS website says to send it to 'one of the service centers located in the US'.

But later on says,
"If you are a U.S. citizen, and are using this form to bring in your wife or unmarried child under the LIFE Act, file this petition at:

Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 7218
Chicago, IL 60680-7218"

Why only if you are filing to bring in your wife? Does that mean I should send the application to Vermont since I am filing for my husband?

I sent the I-130 to Vermont, which has jurisdiction over where I live.

Hmmmm...

Thanks!
Kim
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe you go through the Missouri Service Center, but hopefully another K3'er can confirm that.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:28 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Confusion - where to file I-129f

Originally posted by KimJ
Hello there -

I'm a bit confused about where I should send the I-129f application. The BCIS website says to send it to 'one of the service centers located in the US'.

But later on says,
"If you are a U.S. citizen, and are using this form to bring in your wife or unmarried child under the LIFE Act, file this petition at:

P.O. Box 7218
Chicago, IL 60680-7218"

Why only if you are filing to bring in your wife? Does that mean I should send the application to Vermont since I am filing for my husband?

Hmmmm...

Thanks!
Kim
Hi Kim,

You send the I-129f to the Chicago address. It says "wife and child" but it's for spouses and their children, so husband applies, too. Even though you mail it to Chicago, the actual processing is done in Missouri. Don't forget to send along a copy of your first NOA from Vermont.

-Heba
Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confusion - where to file I-129f

Originally posted by KimJ
Hello there -

But later on says,

P.O. Box 7218
Chicago, IL 60680-7218"

Hmmmm...

Thanks!
Kim
Hi:

Interesting point -- as it turns out, the only K-3's I've done have been for wives.

I think it is a typographical error -- but one with legal effect. However, there is a maxim of jurisprudence that the law does try to avoid absurdities -- I'd file with Missouri via the Chicago lockbox.