Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confusion as to when I can book Embassy interview

Confusion as to when I can book Embassy interview

Old Jun 17th 2016, 6:53 am
Just Joined

LA2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confusion as to when I can book Embassy interview

Apologies if I'm asking a question that's been asked before but I can't find any answer.

I'm applying for a Spousal immigrant visa via DCF London Embassy.

I've got the police certificate and have booked my medical for next week.

I have also completed the Notification of Applicant Readiness online.

My confusion is that once I completed that, it said that I can now go and complete 'You may now schedule the appointment for your visa interview' online.

Do I need to wait until I receive a letter (presumably in the post?) before I can book the interview? Or can i go ahead and do this now?

It does say 'I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an appointment' on the website, so presumably they send me a letter in the post once they have received my medical information (5 working days after the medical) and have processed the data (and from the DS-260 submission online etc).

Again apologises for asking such a dumb question, just seeking clarification.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jackie3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confusion as to when I can book Embassy interview

Hi, there is a thread of you search "small change to dcf (London) " that was started after the change to booking your own interview, this may be helpful to you.
I am not sure if you will get sent a postal letter, as the instructions say to book it yourself, my husband booked his last night after we had completed the required forms.
I hope it helps!