Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confused.. need some help

Wikiposts

Confused.. need some help

Old May 17th 2004, 10:47 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Argg!!!

Hi everyone!

While I am on the phone.. waiting.. I have found out that AR-11 does NOT change the address on pending applications, the AR-11 is to notify homeland security of the change of address, to change the address on the apps I need to call MSC and NSC.
They will send me a Notification that my address has been changed in 30 days.

I called the CIS miss-information line and They have told me that Denver sends the I-485 for initial processing to MSC.. once they are done with whatever they have to do, they send it back to Denver, Denver approves it and calls me for an interview.. But guess what?? I can NOT file for AOS until my I-130 is approved!!, If I want to do it. I will have to file another I-130 which is more money!, and If I don't and wait until Nebraski approves my I-130 I will need a new medical and I won't be able to go to college ( I wanna AOS so I can qualify for in-state tuition) Argg!!

Hyper~Hoping that CIS lady was wrong

Edited*

Last edited by Hypertweeky; May 17th 2004 at 11:08 am.
Old May 17th 2004, 11:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argg!!!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hi everyone!

While I am on the phone.. waiting.. I have found out that AR-11 does NOT change the address on pending applications, the AR-11 is to notify homeland security of the change of address, to change the address on the apps I need to call MSC and NSC.
They will send me a Notification that my address has been changed in 30 days.

I called the CIS miss-information line and They have told me that Denver sends the I-485 for initial processing to MSC.. once they are done with whatever they have to do, they send it back to Denver, Denver approves it and calls me for an interview.. But guess what?? I can NOT file for AOS until my I-130 is approved!!, If I want to do it. I will have to file another I-130 which is more money!, and If I don't and wait until Nebraski approves my I-130 I will need a new medical and I won't be able to go to college ( I wanna AOS so I can qualify for in-state tuition) Argg!!
Is the cost of a new I-130 less than the difference between in-state and out o' state tuition + one of those million dollar stateside medicals?
Old May 17th 2004, 11:35 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by meauxna
Is the cost of a new I-130 less than the difference between in-state and out o' state tuition + one of those million dollar stateside medicals?
It is less, also If I wait until my I-130 approved.. I will need a NEW medical.. argg!! It sucks having to file for all these stuff when you can't work!, But enough about ranting, it could be worse
Thanks!!
Old May 17th 2004, 12:00 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
It is less, also If I wait until my I-130 approved.. I will need a NEW medical.. argg!! It sucks having to file for all these stuff when you can't work!, But enough about ranting, it could be worse
Thanks!!
Talk to your Congressional Aide dealing with immigration matters. They should be able to remedy this for you.

A further (sort of related) point. When my daughter's AOS was approved the OIC at my local office told me that if we should move before we received the greencard to file a G-731C (Inquiry About Status of I-1551 Alien Registration Card) to make sure that it was sent to the correct address. This presumably would update the details on the file itself at this point?
Old May 17th 2004, 1:49 pm

Ok Ok.. another question has just crossed my mind.
Denver sends the I-485 to MSC for INITIAL processing, Can anyone tell me what does MSC do to it?, After they do whatever they have to do.. they send it back to Denver, Denver approves it.. so why do they send it to MSC then?
I have been told I have to file a new I-130 at MSC since MSC does not allow filing AOS without having the I-130 approved, so If I file another I-130 at MSC.. and then the application bounces back to Denver for approval.. since Denver does not require to file another I-130 to do AOS.. what will happen??
I am sorry to cause so much trouble!!
Thanks a lot!!