Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confused about processing date on the web

Wikiposts

Confused about processing date on the web

Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice
Default Confused about processing date on the web

Hi all -

I'm a bit confused about the processing dates posted on the web. I know - --after going through my wife's K3, EAD etc., I should have learned not let them confuse me

But this time I AM confused! OK here's where my problem is - if you look under Baltimore's processing times, you'll see that they are processing AOS (I-485) applications dated on or before July 2, 2004. But we filed our AOS+EAD package in January of 2005. Files were transfered to Baltimore on Jan 7. Wife got her EAD in a month. And we had our AOS interview on May 19, 2005.

Now my question is that if Baltimore is processing AOS cases from July of 2004, how can they interview us with an application that was dated January, 2005?

Do you think we actually have to wait for another 6 months to get our AOS approval??!! Thanks.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about processing date on the web

Originally Posted by johnandrose
Hi all -

I'm a bit confused about the processing dates posted on the web. I know - --after going through my wife's K3, EAD etc., I should have learned not let them confuse me

But this time I AM confused! OK here's where my problem is - if you look under Baltimore's processing times, you'll see that they are processing AOS (I-485) applications dated on or before July 2, 2004. But we filed our AOS+EAD package in January of 2005. Files were transfered to Baltimore on Jan 7. Wife got her EAD in a month. And we had our AOS interview on May 19, 2005.

Now my question is that if Baltimore is processing AOS cases from July of 2004, how can they interview us with an application that was dated January, 2005?

Do you think we actually have to wait for another 6 months to get our AOS approval??!! Thanks.
Hi John,

Now I'm confused. If you had your AOS interview in May already....why are you concerned with the processing dates?

Rene
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi John,

Now I'm confused. If you had your AOS interview in May already....why are you concerned with the processing dates?

Rene
Hi Rene -

Sorry to confuse you. I'm concerned about the dates because I'm very impatient

But seriously, the main reason why I'm kind of worried (I mentioned it here before) is because my wife doesn't have her I-94 (the officer kept it during interview). If she did, I wouldn't worry, because her K3 doesn't expire until Oct 2006 and K3s don't need AP.

In case she has to visit home now for any reason, I don't know how much trouble the I-94 issue will cause. So, I'll have a peace of mind when we get her AOS approval letter. Until we do, the probability of an emergency arising back home and my wife not being able to get on a plane because of that I-94 card will continue to make me worry

This is why I worry about the processing dates. I certainly don't want to wait 6 months for approval of a case where the interview has already been conducted. The officer, during the interview, said that she'll approve us when she gets the I-130. I sent the I-130 the next day and I don't understand why we haven't received any word yet. But then again, it's CIS!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene -

But seriously, the main reason why I'm kind of worried (I mentioned it here before) is because my wife doesn't have her I-94 (the officer kept it during interview). If she did, I wouldn't worry, because her K3 doesn't expire until Oct 2006 and K3s don't need AP.

In case she has to visit home now for any reason, I don't know how much trouble the I-94 issue will cause. So, I'll have a peace of mind when we get her AOS approval letter. Until we do, the probability of an emergency arising back home and my wife not being able to get on a plane because of that I-94 card will continue to make me worry

This is why I worry about the processing dates. I certainly don't want to wait 6 months for approval of a case where the interview has already been conducted. The officer, during the interview, said that she'll approve us when she gets the I-130. I sent the I-130 the next day and I don't understand why we haven't received any word yet. But then again, it's CIS!
John,

The processing dates are only telling you how long it is from submitting the I-485 to getting an interview date. It doesn't have anything to do with the approvals times. If you weren't approved at the time of your interview, there's really no telling how long it will take for approval, and you won't be able to get a clue from the processing times, as you've moved beyond that phase.

Sorry... I hope you hear something soon, though!

Rene
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all -

Hi:

It appears that the processing date is inaccurate. Idle speculation is that perhaps they forgot to update "2004" to "2005".

I have no idea whether or not it will take them another six months to process your case. On what basis do you get the 6 month idea? You don't say.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:35 am
Account Closed

Hi Rene -

Hi:

What was the problem on the I-94? If you describe the nature of the problem regarding the I-94, perhaps someone might answer. It is really hard, if not impossible to answer questions without giving the relevant background.

This is the second time in this string you've done that.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
John,

The processing dates are only telling you how long it is from submitting the I-485 to getting an interview date. It doesn't have anything to do with the approvals times. If you weren't approved at the time of your interview, there's really no telling how long it will take for approval, and you won't be able to get a clue from the processing times, as you've moved beyond that phase.

Sorry... I hope you hear something soon, though!

Rene
Actually that makes me feel a little better, because if I have moved beyond the scope of the processing times on the web, that means that we *may* not have to wait for 6 months. But then again it could also mean that we may have to wait for more than 6 months. At least then we can contact our senator and ask her to do something. Thanks Rene. I also hope to hear something soon.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

What was the problem on the I-94? If you describe the nature of the problem regarding the I-94, perhaps someone might answer. It is really hard, if not impossible to answer questions without giving the relevant background.

This is the second time in this string you've done that.
Sorry Mr. Folinskyinla I had posted the details of my I-94 issue here earlier, but did not get a satisfactory answer. What happened is that the AOS interviewing officer kept my wife's I-94 after the interview was over. Before the interview concluded, she told us that everything looked good and she also took my wife's fingerpints and 2 copies of passport-style photos. So, my wife and I are optimistic (based on what the DO said), but worry about not having an I-94 card. So, previously I had asked - Will it cause any adverse effect if my wife's I-94 card is not with her if she travels abroad while her AOS is pending?

And as for the calculation of 6 months - I figure, according to CIS website, they are processing July 2004 cases and we filed in January 2005. So, to get to us from July 2004 to Jan 2005, it'll take them 6 months (I hope not!).
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:35 am

And as for the calculation of 6 months - I figure, according to CIS website, they are processing July 2004 cases and we filed in January 2005. So, to get to us from July 2004 to Jan 2005, it'll take them 6 months (I hope not!).
Hi John,

You're calculating that wrong, I think. If you just look at the processing dates (assuming it's reported as of June 2005), if in June 2005 they are processing applications from July 2004, that means processing time is about 11 months....not 6. Since you filed in January 2005 and had your interview in May 2005, you've proven that they process in 4 months, actually! So they've sped up the processing from what they post on the site.

Also, I don't think not having an I-94 will affect your wife's ability to travel, as long as she has the authorization to return to the USA (the AP or a valid K3). My concern would be whether she'd be allowed back in with either of those methods once the AOS interview has occurred. That, I'm not sure of.

Rene
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:13 am
Account Closed

Sorry Mr. Folinskyinla I had posted the details of my I-94 issue here earlier, but did not get a satisfactory answer. What happened is that the AOS interviewing officer kept my wife's I-94 after the interview was over. Before the interview concluded, she told us that everything looked good and she also took my wife's fingerpints and 2 copies of passport-style photos. So, my wife and I are optimistic (based on what the DO said), but worry about not having an I-94 card. So, previously I had asked - Will it cause any adverse effect if my wife's I-94 card is not with her if she travels abroad while her AOS is pending?

Hi:

It is standard practice to the I-94 to be lifted at the interview. Why would it cause a problem at departure? If it bothers you, make out a NEW I-94 and write in the number in the applicable spaces in order to have something to turn in.

On the time, I thought you were talking about the standard time posting on the CIS web site which, coincidently had the same date you mentioned. Where does one find POST interview processing times? I was totally unaware that they are listed. That would be an improvement over the past where no estimate was given at all of post-interview processing times? Please let me know where you heard about this.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And we had our AOS interview on May 19, 2005.
John,
Save yourself some heartburn, man. If you have heard nothing by the end of this month, make an InfoPass appt and go in and ask what the holdup is.

Dollars to donuts your approval will happen the day before your appointment
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

John,

This is the part that I don't understand. My wife also couldn't be approved at her AOS interview because my I-130 wasn't in the file (it was going back and forth between the CSC and the NVC). The officer had to wait until whichever had it last sent to him at the Sub office.

How did you come into possession of your I-130?

Regards, JEff

...The officer, during the interview, said that she'll approve us when she gets the I-130. I sent the I-130 the next day and I don't understand why we haven't received any word yet. But then again, it's CIS!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
John,

This is the part that I don't understand. My wife also couldn't be approved at her AOS interview because my I-130 wasn't in the file (it was going back and forth between the CSC and the NVC). The officer had to wait until whichever had it last sent to him at the Sub office.

Regards, JEff
Hi JEff,

Not to butt in....but John re-created the I-130 and submitted it. He posted something about it a while back.

Rene
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:43 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
John,

Regards, JEff

Hi Jeff

I've read a couple of stories recently where AOS wasn't approved at interview because the I-130 application wasn't on the file. This is despite having the I-130 approval. Has anybody just taken a copy along to the interview as a precaution? Any thoughts on that idea?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Has anybody just taken a copy along to the interview as a precaution? Any thoughts on that idea?
I tried to give you karma for it; you'll have to take an IOU

"excellent suggestion! -meauxna"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.