Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

confused about AOS receipts, appointments, etc...

Wikiposts

confused about AOS receipts, appointments, etc...

Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

goodguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default confused about AOS receipts, appointments, etc...

Hello all,

We have applied for AOS, AP, and EAD for my wife last year. So far, we've received NOA for I131(AP), I765(EAD), and I864(Affidavit of Support), but _no_ NOA for I485(AOS).

On the I765(EAD) NOA, there is an request for biometrics, with instructions on where to call and what to bring to the appointment.

My wife went through the biometrics where they took 1 digital photo and digitized fingerprint for just 1 finger. These showed up on the EAD card we received several weeks ago.

My questions are:

1) Should we have received an NOA for the I485?

2) If we should have received an I485 NOA, does it contain a request for fingerprint?

3) I read that some of you had your fingerprint for EAD and AOS done at the same time. How did you know that the fingerprint was meant for both applications? I'd imagine that they would take fingerprints for all fingers for AOS... so it doesn't sound like the fingerprint session my wife had was meant for both EAD and AOS.

Thank you all in advance.
confused goodguy (NYC)
Old Mar 18th 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default Re: confused about AOS receipts, appointments, etc...

hi goodguy.
i will answer your questions the best i can.

1. yes you will still have to wait for your NOA. fingerprinting appointment for your AOS.
2. yes. the NOA you will be getting will tell that your wife will be having her biometrics (fingerprinting), what docs to bring, when, where.
3. the fingerprinting for 1 finger and the photo taking was for EAD. not for AOS. means, you will have to wait for the appt letter for AOS where they will be taking fingerprints for 10 fingers.

as far as i know, its different from one state to another. i live in NC where it takes time to do those, meanwhile my friend in AZ could get her EAD and the Greencard less than 6 months! if you can browse the past posts about the timeline from your state, you will know more.

have a nice day
anggraeni