Wikiposts

Confused about AOS

Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:18 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confused about AOS

Ok, as I understand it I now need to apply for an EAD and a SSN. I've decided to hold off on the SSN for a while as I have only held my K3 for less than a week and been in the US for 6 days. After a visit to the SS office and looking at the line I didn't fancy queueing for half the day to be told I wasn't yet in the system.

So, my question is, besides applying for my EAD and SSN what do I do and in what order, with regard to AOS?

Do I wait for my I-130 approval? Or do I go ahead and apply for my AOS (I-485?).

What are the benefits or not regarding conditions etc?

I've tried reading through the forum, maybe I'm just worn out at this stage, but I can't seem to get my head around what I should be doing next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

CB
Old Jan 29th 2004, 2:20 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about AOS

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
Ok, as I understand it I now need to apply for an EAD and a SSN. I've decided to hold off on the SSN for a while as I have only held my K3 for less than a week and been in the US for 6 days. After a visit to the SS office and looking at the line I didn't fancy queueing for half the day to be told I wasn't yet in the system.

So, my question is, besides applying for my EAD and SSN what do I do and in what order, with regard to AOS?

Do I wait for my I-130 approval? Or do I go ahead and apply for my AOS (I-485?).

What are the benefits or not regarding conditions etc?

I've tried reading through the forum, maybe I'm just worn out at this stage, but I can't seem to get my head around what I should be doing next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

CB
OOPs! Wrong forum. Sorry!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:46 am
Mayo

Default Re: Confused about AOS

CaliforniaBride <member12142@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
    > > Ok, as I
    > understand it I now need to apply for an EAD and a SSN. I've decided to
    > hold off on the SSN for a while as I have only held my K3 for less than
    > a week and been in the US for 6 days. After a visit to the SS office
    > and looking at the line I didn't fancy queueing for half the day to be
    > told I wasn't yet in the system.
    > >

I doubt that the SS# is linked to Immigration one (in fact it is not,
because the US govmt claims that is how terrorists exploited system),
if you are legally in US and are eligible for ss# you will can get one
issued, be ready to show your passport and visa papers. You will need