Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Condition removal and citizenship

Condition removal and citizenship

Old Apr 15th 2019, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Condition removal and citizenship

Hi all,

My CR is due up later in the year; how far out in advance am I able to submit docs to remove conditions? My understanding is that I will more than likely become a citizen before this is processed? Some of you may remember that I joined the military to earn my citizenship; it has taken them so long to process and complete my background that I will be getting a general discharge next month without having ever attended basic training and thus blows that citizenship option out of the water!

Old Apr 15th 2019, 7:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Condition removal and citizenship

I think the instructions are fairly specific …. I just checked: within the 90 days before the second anniversary of your permanent resident status..

Please can you explain more what you said about "taken them so long to process and complete my background". Are you saying that your immigration status prevented you from enlisting?

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 15th 2019 at 7:41 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much, I was going for Secret clearance and they have a backlog of several years so my contract expired before they could get me through the process and ship me off. So I walk away with a general discharge sadly.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 2:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen serious issues over the last year with N400 applications with I751 still pending. It used to be that the USC application would force adjudication of the I751, but I have seen recently on at least 1 other forum (3 instances) where the N400 interview occurs and then it just stays pending until the I751 is completed, or where the N400 interview is outright cancelled because of the I751.

I, personally, would not apply for N400 until my I751 is adjudicated.