Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Completely OT: The Role of Biometrics

Completely OT: The Role of Biometrics

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Role of Biometrics

Originally Posted by leopards
But why require any sort of biometrics for the EAD? If it is certain once the 485 is correctly filed then why spend the extra time putting it into a card. Either way and it's still 100% certain. Why waste that time? And by resources I mean the staff that have to check the EAD/AP and put the bio into the card which is a guarantee. Why not use those resources (staff) on cases that are less certain. If I don't have to spend $1 more than necessary I don't say to vendors "hey I know I've bought this and it's certainly mine but I'll spend more on it anyway." It doesn't make logic sense does it.
IT IS NOT A SET OF BIOMETRICS FOR THE EAD

Why can't you understand that.

Biometrics is all ten fingerprints for security clearance.

For the EAD it is one (1) fingerprint and a photo.

I quit ... you have this idea in your head and won't let go of it ;-)

Sorry you have to wait for your EAD but that life's for an immigrant to the US. Hell it could be Canada and you don't even get the option of an EAD to work but have to wait for sometimes years for your spousal visa to be approved while you sit at home doing nothing.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Oh, I see. So you're saying when you go in to do the EAD biometrics, why can't they just produce the card on the spot for you, like they do at DMV?

Rene

NYS DMV does NOT issue a driver's license with photo the same day you apply and take the photo for the license. You have to wait for 10 to 30 days for the license to come in the mail.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
NYS DMV does NOT issue a driver's license with photo the same day you apply and take the photo for the license. You have to wait for 10 to 30 days for the license to come in the mail.
CA doesn't either. I was just still trying to figure out what leopards wants.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

leopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really nice

CA doesn't either. I was just still trying to figure out what leopards wants.
Well in FL, GA, and CT 3 states I've lived in it is the same day. So in my experience a government issued ID that isn't attached to a government employer is quick and efficient.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Well in FL, GA, and CT 3 states I've lived in it is the same day. So in my experience a government issued ID that isn't attached to a government employer is quick and efficient.
How about one that's attached to an I-485?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

leopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really nice

How about one that's attached to an I-485?
But the EAD/AP is certain. A driver's license requires a paper test, eye exam, and a road test. That's 3 elements to get a driver's licenese. The EAD/AP is dependent on a completed AOS. So logically if the AOS is done right the process should take hardly any time to approve.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:56 pm

But the EAD/AP is certain. A driver's license requires a paper test, eye exam, and a road test. That's 3 elements to get a driver's licenese. The EAD/AP is dependent on a completed AOS. So logically if the AOS is done right the process should take hardly any time to approve.
The drivers license IS certain...IF you pass the tests.

The EAD IS certain...IF you have a correctly filed I-485.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

The drivers license IS certain...IF you pass the tests.

The EAD IS certain...IF you have a correctly filed I-485.

Rene
Excellent point and if both are certain once the tests are passed then why would it take more than a month as you yourself said to get a government issued ID. Both are certain.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:06 pm

Excellent point and if both are certain once the tests are passed then why would it take more than a month as you yourself said to get a government issued ID. Both are certain.
Because DMV only has a roomful of people to deal with at one time.

USCIS has only ONE processing center for the entire nation.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Because DMV only has a roomful of people to deal with at one time.

USCIS has only ONE processing center for the entire nation.

Rene
Another good point, however, is it still certain, and because it is certain it should be quick, right? You mentioned earlier about a 30 day AP which as you know is not the norm. The average is 60 days so why the delay on a certainty even if it is only one center the fact remains a certainty cannot be anything other than certain. So logically it should be universal for everyone to get a less than 30 days EAD/AP and not the average of 60-90 days.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... because it is certain it should be quick, right?
It's not. Deal with it.

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's not. Deal with it.

Ian
I have "dealt" with it, and if you were paying attention to a recent thread I made you would know where I am in "dealing with it." Still the logic behind anything other than a 30 day or less EAD/AP approval seems to be inefficient.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Completely OT: The Role of Biometrics

My opinion on this is: they are inefficient for 2 reasons: first is obvious, they are government organization (no competition or incentive to be faster (for the employees)), but second is more important: their clients do not vote. If you could vote and your senator said "Oh and by the way I am going to lobby congress to reduce the time of processing any immigration application by 50%, would be a strong incentive for you to vote for him, right?" But there is no big incentive for that in the government: most Americans could care less.

Since, no one "hears" you technically, it is just not a priority.

I feel when you pay that much money for your application they should be faster, but they seem to be improving...
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:13 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

l,

I don't think they are either "automatic" or "guaranteed". Recognize that people other than adjustment applicants also submit I-765 for EA and I-131 for travel documents including types other than AP.

An I-485 applicant's I-765 or I-131 may require less examination than others, but they do get handled by the same group(s) as handles the others, not by the I-485 processers.

Regards, JEff

Yes, but still if the EAD/AP is automatic why spend months processing then when they are guaranteed?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
l,

I don't think they are either "automatic" or "guaranteed". Recognize that people other than adjustment applicants also submit I-765 for EA and I-131 for travel documents including types other than AP.

An I-485 applicant's I-765 or I-131 may require less examination than others, but they do get handled by the same group(s) as handles the others, not by the I-485 processers.

Regards, JEff
So what you're saying jeff is the EAD/AP are not guaranteed. But others have said as long as you have a completed 485 then it's certain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.