Wikiposts

compassionate grounds

Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:27 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: compasion

Assuming the OP's British, DCF is out.

The only thing I feel I need to say to be fair to this couple is that before I *really* started looking into the visa issue is that it takes an *insanely long* time to process versus the rest of the world or indeed, reasonable standards.

Secondly, one might get the impression that Our Government, "moral" and compassionate, might surely expedite a case like this. Sadly, they do not walk the talk.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
There is no compassion visa. You can get married before the child is born. There is nothing stopping you from doing that. You can come to the US, get married and return to the UK and wait for the I-130 to be approved. This is the petition your then wife would file for you so that you can interview at the US consulate for an immediate relative visa. Or your girlfriend can petition for a fiancee visa for you and after your interview (and approval) at the US Consulate for the K-1 you can come here get married and remain to file for adjustment of status.

May I ask how old you are and what working skill you have? From your post you don't appear to be well educated and are quite young. If so, does that mean your girlfriend is as well? Please note that your gf must be your financial sponsor. There are no ways around it. If she can't qualify then she still has to complete the forms but she will need a co-sponsor to take up the financial burden of your immigrating.
Hi Rete:

I have done exactly ONE case with an expedited "red dot" I-130 via CSC -- the USC was an "elderly primapara" [40] with no family stateside and strong medical evidence that it would be best if hubby was stateside. The I-130 was four days door-to-door -- and the attorney was shocked that it worked!

On the K-1 side, pregnancy can actually slow down a case -- I would make sure to make the positive pregnancy test part of the visa petition to avoid delay later on.

BTW, it seems from idle observation that there seems to be a further "rebound boom" going on with a lot of Boomers becoming grandparents of late.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:30 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Secondly, one might get the impression that Our Government, "moral" and compassionate, might surely expedite a case like this. Sadly, they do not walk the talk.
I'm not so sure I agree. If the USC is ill or otherwise needs assistance with a medical problem/handicap, that's one thing. But pregnancy is not an illness, handicap or even something that just spontaneously "comes about". Yes, I realize that people CAN get pregnant even when using birth control, but the odds are very slim.

Personally I do not think it would be fair for an expecting couple to get priority over a couple who is not expecting, or couples who CANNOT expect due to age, infertility or other medical problems. Pregnancy is avoidable and CAN be planned. If an international couple does not plan correctly, why should they get special treatment over those that do (or have no reason to plan at all)?

That said, what would be better is for ALL visa applications to be processed in a more reasonable amount of time, regardless of whether the couple is expecting a baby or not.

~ Jenney
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:34 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
On the K-1 side, pregnancy can actually slow down a case -- I would make sure to make the positive pregnancy test part of the visa petition to avoid delay later on.
An interesting idea... but also... EWWWW.

I wouldn't want to be the one who has to (literally) handle THAT petition!

~ Jenney
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:59 am
Just Joined

normsky46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
An interesting idea... but also... EWWWW.

I wouldn't want to be the one who has to (literally) handle THAT petition!

~ Jenney
i think ppl are getting off the track here all i wanted to know from the start is what is the easiest way to get a visa I'm not asking for anything special but it seems to me the conversion is going the wrong way ok so its our fault it happened and we have to live with it i just hope i can get there before the child is born and to help her thou it its help that people want not criticism and thanks for all the things that have been said.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:08 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by normsky46
i think ppl are getting off the track here all i wanted to know from the start is what is the easiest way to get a visa I'm not asking for anything special but it seems to me the conversion is going the wrong way ok so its our fault it happened and we have to live with it i just hope i can get there before the child is born and to help her thou it its help that people want not criticism and thanks for all the things that have been said.

You've presuambly had a read of all the methods by now on the links given.
Which methods are open to you?
Which do you think will be the quickest method?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You've presuambly had a read of all the methods by now on the links given.
Which methods are open to you?
Which do you think will be the quickest method?
i think the k1 way do it properly and hope everything works out fast in the end
Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elenfair
Looks like you have received some sound advice above. Being in Minnesota, she'd be going through Nebraska for a K1, if that's the route you chose to go.

I'm in Minneapolis/Saint-Paul. I'm not a lawyer, don't even play one on TV or on stage (yeah, I'm in theatre myself) but I could point her in the right direction over a cup of coffee...

Elly
sorry but she wont meet anyone that she dont know and we have a lot to think about just now thanks
Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

well if all you wanted was quickest way, the UK is the quickest, but you said that was a no go...so basically there isn't a quick road...K1 is probably a good bet because it'll give you time to flop around home when you get there as you won't be able to work, well technically on a K1 you can, but you'll be hard pressed to get anything until you get an EAD.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I beg to differ on what you were asking from the start. Your very first post said:

"can u get a us visa on compasion as my g/f is pregnant and we want to get marryed befor she has the baby im in the uk"

That asks nothing about "what's the easiest way to get a visa?" You asked a totally different question, so of course people answered the question you asked.

You didn't say how long it will be until the baby is born. If it's still a good 8 months away, then yes, there's a possibility that you'll be here before the baby is born. If it's only a couple of months, I wouldn't count on it.

Best Wishes in whichever route you choose.

Rene
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

can u get a us visa on compasion as my g/f is pregnant and we want to get marryed befor she has the baby im in the uk
NO. If such a Visa existed, there would be a really, really long line (10 x's around the block) of pregnant woman using the same trick. This must be an urban myth, three times recently, I have heard tales of instant Greencards, because girlfriend pregnant.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:39 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This is the normal behavior on a public forum. They veer off the topic quickly.

Think what prompted them was your header abut a Compassion Visa.

Posts, such as yours where the female is pregnant, is asked often on the forum. There is no compassion visa but one can attempt to get the US portion of either the I129F for the Fiancee Visa and/or the I-130 for the Immediate Relative Visa expedited. Doesn't cost anything but does require proof of pregnancy, etc.

You can search through the alt.visa.us.marriage-based forums archives on www.google.com for pregnant, expedite, and see if you can find it.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... all i wanted to know from the start is what is the easiest way to get a visa.
I've got to agree with Rene on this... with respect to your original post, this was *not* what you wanted to know. Anyway, you seem to have decided on a course of action... so, good luck to you!

Ian
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I've got to agree with Rene on this... with respect to your original post, this was *not* what you wanted to know. Anyway, you seem to have decided on a course of action... so, good luck to you!

Ian
thanks
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:21 am
Just Joined

morningsunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm not likely to be of much help to you. My area of expertise is pointing out where people make stupid mistakes that subsequently need fixing.

For example, getting your girlfriend pregnant while you both live in different countries! Has neither one of you heard of contraception? Delayed gratification? My god man... your almost as old as I am! Was this a chance to feel young again? Recapture your youth?

Well, enough of that... so, on to your real issue. One way or the other, it's going to take anywhere from 4 to 6 months for you to get a visa to enter the US to live. You can try to get a visa waiver, marry your woman, and head back to the UK while the paperwork gets filed. That may be your best bet if you want to marry before she gives birth... but there's still going to be a period of separation... at a point in time when your (then) wife will specifically need your support. And I don't recommend entering the US on the visa waiver and staying in the US after you marry. If your adjustment of status is subsequently denied, there is no appeal process. And, to top it off, you would have entered the US fraudulently... ostensibly as a visitor, but with the full intent to stay.

As NC Penguin said, your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on the part of the US government.

Ian
Although the end of your post was sort of helpful the beginning part was very judgemental. Someone asking for help with figuring out which way would be the best to go for getting a VISA and asking if there were other types of Visa's that one may not know of yet does not need to be judged. There could be much more to the story then you know. I thought that this was a place to come to get some helpful advice not to judge others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.