Co Sponsor

Old Sep 17th 2018, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

JoJo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Co Sponsor

Hello!

I’ve got a question about a co sponsor. As my husband (UKC) and myself (USC) are both living in the U.K. we’ll need a co sponsor. I have a few options. My first option that I’d prefer to use makes enough money on her own to qualify. She’s married and has 3 children that she does not claim on her taxes, her husband filed separately and claims the children. Will this be ok? She alone doesn’t make enough if she had to put in that she’s got 3 dependants. But for herself and one extra she makes plenty.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 12:34 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Co Sponsor

If she is the mother of the children, and they live in the household, then in my opinion they are her dependents (as well as the husbands) and should be included.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is household size not the number of dependents on an IRS 1040 tax return. For your friend that would be a family of 5 ... herself, 3 children and a husband. So adding your husband would make it a family of 6 in total.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I-864 instructions PDF has some information surrounding this
Old Sep 18th 2018, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

JoJo22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone! I'll take a look more closely at the I-864 instructions so I'll fully understand the requirements. Am I correct in assuming I don't need this part of the application process till after I-130 is approved?
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. If you are doing as a direct consular filing in the UK, then it is brought to the interview. If the I-130 was filed stateside, then after the I-130 approval it is needed for the next stage which is when it goes to the National Visa Center for approval and forwarding to London.