Chlamydia/ Gonorrhea

Old May 21st 2017, 11:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chlamydia/ Gonorrhea

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, it's not actually that easy to spread. ....
Yet ironically most people who have it, have it because they engage in behaviour patterns that that are quite likely to spread it, because that is how they got it in the first place.
Old May 21st 2017, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

NYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
I was tested for HIV when I was pregnant as a standard procedure. I just find it strange that they don't test for HIV.
When I married, we tested for HIV. This was when AIDS was raging in NYC. It wasn't just gay men who were being tested, it was everybody. I think the government was politically pressured to drop the testing. I believe gay men and Haitians can now donate blood which they were advised against for many years.
Old May 21st 2017, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

To my knowledge, they've never tested for HIV for US immigration purposes. There was a time not long ago, however, when you had to disclose if you were HIV+. If you were, you were effectively barred from getting an immigrant visa to the US because of the suspected risk to others - and risk to others has always been a disqualifying issue. The requirement to disclose was eventually dropped - not because of the risk, but because the courts found it to be overwhelmingly discriminating against a protected segment of the population.

Ian
Yes they have. They started testing all immigrants applying for visas in 1987. We were tested in 1989. I didn't even know they had stopped testing!
Old May 21st 2017, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
They started testing all immigrants applying for visas in 1987. We were tested in 1989.
For HIV? I had an immigration blood test in 1998 that tested for Syphilis and Gonorrhea, but I wasn't aware of any HIV test involved. Yes, you had to disclose, but I didn't realize that HIV was tested for specifically. If it was, then I stand corrected and appreciate the information. At any rate, testing for HIV was officially dropped from the requirements in 2010... and both the HHS and CDC have since removed HIV from "the list of communicable diseases of public health significance."

Ian
Old May 21st 2017, 4:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

For HIV? I had an immigration blood test in 1998 that tested for Syphilis and Gonorrhea, but I wasn't aware of any HIV test involved. Yes, you had to disclose, but I didn't realize that HIV was tested for specifically. If it was, then I stand corrected and appreciate the information. At any rate, testing for HIV was officially dropped from the requirements in 2010. HHS and CDC have since removed HIV from "the list of communicable diseases of public health significance. " ....
What a glorious piece of politically correct mumbo-jumbo foisted upon us by the Super Court!
Old May 21st 2017, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

My medical in 2015 included a blood test for syphilis, I don't recall mention of any other STD tests.
Old May 21st 2017, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zzrmark
My medical in 2015 included a blood test for syphilis, I don't recall mention of any other STD tests.

How did it go?
Old May 21st 2017, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

How did it go?
No STD's (I'm not that kind of boy ) but I failed the tasteful humour test.