Chlamydia/ Gonorrhea

Old May 20th 2017, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chlamydia/ Gonorrhea

So I'm just curious I was speak to a friend and talking about the medical I just had and I was explaining the tests, it made me wonder why does Gonorrhea and Chlamydia get tested for and not any other STDs? And TB as well? Why are just these things picked?

FTR I am not worried about having anything LOL just a random question.

Thanks

Kelly
Old May 20th 2017, 1:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chlamydia/ Gonorrhea

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
So I'm just curious I was speak to a friend and talking about the medical I just had and I was explaining the tests, it made me wonder why does Gonorrhea and Chlamydia get tested for and not any other STDs? And TB as well? Why are just these things picked?

FTR I am not worried about having anything LOL just a random question.

Thanks

Kelly
They are the two main STD's that can become expensive to treat if not detected early, and are very easily spread.

As for TB, if you actively had it then it would show on the chest xray you had. You probably had a titer test when you were younger right?
Old May 20th 2017, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute

Ah OK, I was just wondering why those but makes sense.

Is that the BCG vaccination?I had that at school?They did the test on my wrist and then a few days later had the vaccine.
Old May 20th 2017, 2:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah OK, I was just wondering why those but makes sense.

Is that the BCG vaccination?I had that at school?They did the test on my wrist and then a few days later had the vaccine.
That's the one
Old May 20th 2017, 4:07 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
They are the two main STD's that can become expensive to treat if not detected early, and are very easily spread. ....
If cost and transmission are the criteria it makes you wonder why they don't test for AIDS - which is incurable, the cost of treatment is off the chart, and is fatal to many people who contract it even with treatment.
Old May 20th 2017, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

aless02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond reputealess02 has a reputation beyond repute

Too difficult/expensive to test for...
Old May 20th 2017, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Asg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond reputeAsg123 has a reputation beyond repute

They definitely did, they must have stopped.
Old May 20th 2017, 8:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aless02
Too difficult/expensive to test for...
In most western countries the HIV test can only be done with the express permission of the person, this is usually because many insurance documents, and others, do ask if you have ever been TESTED for HIV, they are not interested in the result, according to their protocols the fact that you have been tested means that you have a risky sex life, this started when it was believed that HIV/AIDS was only to be found in gay men. Current knowledge has hit that on the head, but many places still have it as part of their criteria.
Old May 20th 2017, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If cost and transmission are the criteria it makes you wonder why they don't test for AIDS - which is incurable, the cost of treatment is off the chart, and is fatal to many people who contract it even with treatment.
I thought they did an HIV test? I'm almost certain they did on us back in the late 80's
Old May 20th 2017, 2:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
In most western countries the HIV test can only be done with the express permission of the person, this is usually because many insurance documents, and others, do ask if you have ever been TESTED for HIV, they are not interested in the result, according to their protocols the fact that you have been tested means that you have a risky sex life, this started when it was believed that HIV/AIDS was only to be found in gay men. Current knowledge has hit that on the head, but many places still have it as part of their criteria.
It was a prerequisite to be tested for HIV when I converted my life insurance policy a few years back.
Old May 20th 2017, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

TB is something they look for especially in areas it is prevalent.
Old May 21st 2017, 12:57 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

They don't test for AIDS anymore but that's a good point as to why not, given the risk it poses to public health (insofar as how easily it is spread and the cost of treating it). I also wonder why they test eyesight at the medical too.
Old May 21st 2017, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs

I was tested for HIV when I was pregnant as a standard procedure. I just find it strange that they don't test for HIV.
Old May 21st 2017, 10:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I just find it strange that they don't test for HIV.
To my knowledge, they've never tested for HIV for US immigration purposes. There was a time not long ago, however, when you had to disclose if you were HIV+. If you were, you were effectively barred from getting an immigrant visa to the US because of the suspected risk to others - and risk to others has always been a disqualifying issue. The requirement to disclose was eventually dropped - not because of the risk, but because the courts found it to be overwhelmingly discriminating against a protected segment of the population.

Ian
Old May 21st 2017, 10:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
... given the risk it poses to public health (insofar as how easily it is spread and the cost of treating it).
With respect, it's not actually that easy to spread. There was a time when people thought that shaking hands with or kissing an HIV+ person would transmit the disease... but public education got better and now most people are smarter than that. As for the cost of treatment, it's not actually a public health issue.

I also wonder why they test eyesight at the medical too.
Since it's not a US immigration requirement, it's most likely done because it can be!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.